Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's quite obviously not true. A players contract is an invitation to treat, so making a bid doesn't constitute a binding agreement to complete a deal.

So what happens when the bid is accepted? I'm aware of the legalities I'm talking about the impact placing false bids has on you as a business. We'd never be taken seriously again, especially in a market dominated by a small number of very influential agents.

Moshiri hasn't built a reputation in business over 30 years for it to be flung away on a few false bids to keep some football fans happy that we are apparently in the market. He certainly hasn't come into Everton and then allowed our reputation to be scurried by false bidding all over the place.

Let's be sensible here.

It's speculation based on things that have actually happened - which are that we only bought high value players once we had sold to cover that price.

As Evertonians, we should recognise it by now when we see it as it's all we've done for 20+ years, and this is as crystal clear an example of it as we've had.

Any speculation to the contrary is based on absolutely nothing. So you go on probabilities - and the strong probability at this point is that we are sell to buy. Until we actually demonstrate we are not, that is the way it is.

Interestingly enough we did actually spend almost 50m in the last 2 Windows prior to the "takeover", so not only did we sell to buy, but we failed to match the spending we made in previous windows.

Getting rid of our con man manager was a start.

Lol. Let's see how far Koeman get's us from from 5th and a record points tally before we assign the word 'conman' to an Everton manager.

£6M notes in his pocket each season. That's a lot of cash to justify before you escape that pejorative.

So what happens when the bid is accepted? I'm aware of the legalities I'm talking about the impact placing false bids has on you as a business. We'd never be taken seriously again, especially in a market dominated by a small number of very influential agents.

Moshiri hasn't built a reputation in business over 30 years for it to be flung away on a few false bids to keep some football fans happy that we are apparently in the market. He certainly hasn't come into Everton and then allowed our reputation to be scurried by false bidding all over the place.

Let's be sensible here.

Its easy.

We ring up Sporting and we say, "We will give you 45m for Carvalho", Sporting say "Sound lads", we then talk to Carvalho and we say "Big Willy how does 45k a week grab you lad" and then bingo, we fail.

Rinse and repeat.

Its easy.

We ring up Sporting and we say, "We will give you 45m for Carvalho", Sporting say "Sound lads", we then talk to Carvalho and we say "Big Willy how does 45k a week grab you lad" and then bingo, we fail.

Rinse and repeat.

Basically this

Its a piece of piss to lash bids about then offer the player poor wages/signing on fee to ensure he knocks us back

Mean while gullible idiots think we are loaded

Let's be sensible here.

Nobody would know it was a fake bid beyond the buyer. No delving through the books is done in football negotiations for a players contract. The buying club just withdraws from the discussions after moving on to other targets, the player fails a medical etc. etc.

It's not even necessarily a fake bid - sometimes you start bidding for a player with the expectation of selling another to cover the costs. Or you even start the process of selling one as you expect to bring in another. For example, Gabbiadini with Napoli. Because that deal fell through doesn't mean Napoli were "fake selling".

That's being sensible, because it's done all the time. You said you can't bid for a player without having the funds to complete - you very clearly can, so you're wrong.

It's speculation based on things that have actually happened - which are that we only bought high value players once we had sold to cover that price.

As Evertonians, we should recognise it by now when we see it as it's all we've done for 20+ years, and this is as crystal clear an example of it as we've had.

Any speculation to the contrary is based on absolutely nothing. So you go on probabilities - and the strong probability at this point is that we are sell to buy. Until we actually demonstrate we are not, that is the way it is.
We tried to buy top class players at first, then when they would not come we decided to hit the domestic market, that's all I see, because I'll make judgement when I have more data to access, 1 transfer window after 5 months in charge is not enough data for me.

I'm giving Moshiri 2 years, after that I can make a fair assessment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back