Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Basically this

Its a piece of piss to lash bids about then offer the player poor wages/signing on fee to ensure he knocks us back

Mean while gullible idiots think we are loaded
It's also a case that it can be used to good effect by agents: helps them to get an auction going. Maybe that's what we saw with the Sissoko Spurs deal late in the window?

False bids are part of the game. It's a murky old business.

Nobody would know it was a fake bid beyond the buyer. No delving through the books is done in football negotiations for a players contract. The buying club just withdraws from the discussions after moving on to other targets, the player fails a medical etc. etc.

It's not even necessarily a fake bid - sometimes you start bidding for a player with the expectation of selling another to cover the costs. Or you even start the process of selling one as you expect to bring in another. For example, Gabbiadini with Napoli. Because that deal fell through doesn't mean Napoli were "fake selling".

That's being sensible, because it's done all the time. You said you can't bid for a player without having the funds to complete - you very clearly can, so you're wrong.

I don't know what business you are in mate, but throughout my business life you get to know quickly who can afford what and who is trustworthy. If something doesn't come off then the first time you may give the benefit of the doubt, but a second time, you never bother again. I'll repeat what I said above, Moshiri nor Everton are going to consistently bid for players they can't afford or don't want. It is commercial suicide to do so.

This thread has descended into pettiness, pedantry and petulance.

It's great.

Also, I now read all of @Tubey's posts like this:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8458-1446819098-10.gif

Last edited:

Why 4

What happens in the summer if we sell Lukaku for 60m and spend 60m
Are we better now than last season under Kenwright?, we have a top manager and sought after director of football who was the key to Leceister winning the league, and a better squad now than we had in May.

What you moaning about?, seriously?, it's laughable what's going on here, 5 months and it's tinfoil hats everywhere.

It's a fair question to which there is no obvious answer.

I could drive the conspiracy theorists mad by suggesting that he is the beneficial owner of the ultimate lender, but I have no proof of that however it could be an explanation.

Lerner charged interest on his debt before having to write down the vast bulk of it, and yes you are correct in that Kroenke has been paying himself $3m a year for management services through a management company.

"I could drive the conspiracy theorists mad by suggesting that he is the beneficial owner of the ultimate lender, but I have no proof of that however it could be an explanation"

Is this theory that Usmanov is the real owner? (I know you don't believe that but is that what you mean in this instance?)

We tried to buy top class players at first, then when they would not come we decided to hit the domestic market, that's all I see, because I'll make judgement when I have more data to access, 1 transfer window after 5 months in charge is not enough data for me.

I'm giving Moshiri 2 years, after that I can make a fair assessment.

I dont think we are all wanting him thrown to the lions, I think we just have a few concerns, concerns that can easily be solved going forward.

I don't know what business you are in mate, but throughout my business life you get to know quickly who can afford what and who is trustworthy. If something doesn't come off then the first time you may give the benefit of the doubt, but a second time, you never bother again. I'll repeat what I said above, Moshiri nor Everton are going to consistently bid for players they can't afford or don't want. It is commercial suicide to do so.

Where does "consistently" come into this? You said "cannot" do it.

And it'd be commercial suicide for every club ever then, because I guarantee you that every club in this league has entered a bid in for a player at some point without the actual desire to complete the deal, just like the media are used to pressure a club into a sale to avoid the club moving on to another target - Bernard with Yarmolenko, Koulibaly with... whatever the hell that was about, and so on.

I find your stance on this very naive in all honesty. Again, if we bid for a player at, say, Spurs, and withdrew, and did it again next window, that wouldn't stop them doing business a third time, because these clubs understand the game. They're called "negotiations" for a reason.

Also, your business life or mine has nothing to do with football. The similarities end at the word "contracts" - the way football works is completely different to "real life" - most businesses deal with commodities that are inanimate, not the transferable services of human beings.

"I could drive the conspiracy theorists mad by suggesting that he is the beneficial owner of the ultimate lender, but I have no proof of that however it could be an explanation"

Is this theory that Usmanov is the real owner? (I know you don't believe that but is that what you mean in this instance?)

No, Usmanov could not be a lender to any other PL club other than Arsenal. Moshiri could and I stress "could" set up a vehicle to lend the club money through the R&M arrangement. It's highly unlikely but theoretically possible.

We tried to buy top class players at first, then when they would not come we decided to hit the domestic market, that's all I see, because I'll make judgement when I have more data to access, 1 transfer window after 5 months in charge is not enough data for me.

I'm giving Moshiri 2 years, after that I can make a fair assessment.

I think most would be of the same opinion if this summer had passed in line with the previous windows of late: with a decent net spend. The fact that Moshiri's first summer at the helm witnessed us taking more cash in than spending has set a lot of alarm bells ringing. How could it not given all the hullabaloo which has met his arrival and the boast of crashing through the glass ceiling?

What this all proves yet again is that peoples' perception is stronger than the truth.

Moshiri and his men have failed miserably in the communication department with the fanbase and had better address this issue very quickly.

Further, the sooner Bill, Bob and co are sent packing, the better for Moshiri's image, and the image of this peculiar 'takeover' with Evertonians.

I think most would be of the same opinion if this summer had passed in line with the previous windows of late: with a decent net spend. The fact that Moshiri's first summer at the helm witnessed us taking more cash in than spending has set a lot of alarm bells ringing. How could it not given all the hullabaloo which has met his arrival and the boast of crashing through the glass ceiling?

To be fair though, Moshiri was responsible for pretty much none of that. People invented what Moshiri was going to do in their own minds and ran with it.

I'm not saying "Moshiri Out" at this point, so people saying "let's give him two years" etc. aren't actually that far divorced from my own thinking - except I'm thinking give him until pretty much this point next year. I could pass off January I guess as not many clubs do big business then, but I'd at least expect stadium news by that point.

If we go January and next summer without serious investment in the playing staff and news of a stadium, then things should start to get messy for Moshiri.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back