Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
But it's pure speculation Dave, I think there was 100m to spend, but on top players worth it, we were up against it with two bottom half finishes and no European football, it's just going to take a bit more time to build a top class squad by identifying the talents yet to be on the big stage, that's why he's got Walsh in, Walsh bought players that were directly responsible for Leceister winning the league.

Patience is needed, I'll be the first in the line to call him out after 2 years, but right now sensible people are waiting before passing judgement.
I'm waiting a wee while on the outcome of this stadium land purchase and a scheme following on from it that locks in all parties to committing to a stadium delivery. If thats done in the coming months then he's back in the black.

I refuse to extend further than that though. And why should we? We've been lied to for decades and I dont particularly feel amenable to offering swathes of time over to a billionaire who came in with the fanfare of trumpets that our destiny would soon be settled for the better. It's not Kenwright - a man without the wherewithal, and because of that there was a necessity to abandon hope of a decisive shift under him. Moshiri has a lot of cash and clout so the time becomes a lot more compressed for him to get his finger out and achieve. The fact that he's still allowing Everton to be ripped off by creditors demanding massive interest payments rather than facilitate a line of credit himself leaves me pretty sceptical of his intention to use his wealth I have to say.

I'm waiting a wee while on the outcome of this stadium land purchase and a scheme following on from it that locks in all parties to committing to a stadium delivery. If thats done in the coming months then he's back in the black.

I refuse to extend further than that though. And why should we? We've been lied to for decades and I dont particularly feel amenable to offering swathes of time over to a billionaire who came in with the fanfare of trumpets that our destiny would soon be settled for the better. It's not Kenwright - a man without the wherewithal, and because of that there was a necessity to abandon hope of a decisive shift under him. Moshiri has a lot of cash and clout so the time becomes a lot more compressed for him to get his finger out and achieve. The fact that he's still allowing Everton to be ripped off by creditors demanding massive interest payments rather than facilitate a line of credit himself leaves me pretty sceptical of his intention to use his wealth I have to say.
An announcement on the stadium is imminent, unless Anderson is part of the conspiracy as well.

Some people are going to look silly, but don't worry, I'll be the first to get on the multi quotes with an choice GIF to take the pi$$.

No, Usmanov could not be a lender to any other PL club other than Arsenal. Moshiri could and I stress "could" set up a vehicle to lend the club money through the R&M arrangement. It's highly unlikely but theoretically possible.
Just to develop this, is it possible for a club's ultimate beneficial owner to take a charge against PL income? Don't know the rules well enough and not sad enough to look them up.:)
If it is possible, and FM does use a structure, then why not just do it through BHHL apart from adverse publicity, which would arrive anyway when the accounts are published in related party transaction disclosures surely.
For what it's worth, in my humble opinion the source of the RMF loan is third party and possibly the same person(s) behind Vibrac.
If Carroch Holdings remains active and has no change of officers or reg office, this is an indicator that it is the same ultimate beneficial owner as it was last year. Could be wrong though ;)

An announcement on the stadium is imminent, unless Anderson is part of the conspiracy as well.

Some people are going to look silly, but don't worry, I'll be the first to get on the multi quotes with an choice GIF to take the pi$$.

When something different happens, surely people are allowed to change an opinion?

Or is that it now, have we gotta hate Moshiri forever?

I look forward to you doing that. But you'd only be able to do it if there was pretty conclusive evidence that any announcement along those lines was more than just about intent. We need concrete plans in place all signed up to by the different parties involved.

When something different happens, surely people are allowed to change an opinion?

Or is that it now, have we gotta hate Moshiri forever?
Some people are making mountains out of molehills, adding 2+2 and getting 5, the best thing to do would be to give a new owner we've craved 15 years for, to have longer than 5 months before we get the pitchforks out, would you not agree?

Some people are making mountains out of molehills, adding 2+2 and getting 5, the best thing to do would be to give a new owner we've craved 15 years for, to have longer than 5 months before we get the pitchforks out, would you not agree?

I just think some people are judging the first 5months on things that have actually happened.

They are choosing to ignore the "phantom bids" and the "castle in the sky" stadium talk.

They are judging the first 5 months on things that have actually occurred.

I think its currently a prudent stance to take.

Time will hopefully prove the concerns had no basis and then hopefully we can look forward, but until then, I think its right that a few people arent believing the hype.

Couple more wins and a solid stadium announcement and this thread will turn into a love fest once again. Feckle is the fan.
In the meantime, be thankful for what we have and lets get on with it.
Time will test Mr Moshiri. Right now, I for one am glad we didn't blow a third of the phantom war chest on a conman... Good luck with that Totting Ham. We already did that last season, cough... Nai..... Cough whatsisname. Oh dear....

I just think some people are judging the first 5months on things that have actually happened.

They are choosing to ignore the "phantom bids" and the "castle in the sky" stadium talk.

They are judging the first 5 months on things that have actually occurred.

I think its currently a prudent stance to take.

Time will hopefully prove the concerns had no basis and then hopefully we can look forward, but until then, I think its right that a few people arent believing the hype.
I think the first 5 months have been good, Spurs have a boss top class manager getting bummed everywhere last season, go ask the Soton fans who they'd like to have back if they had a choice, Koeman is the answer.

We've also got the bloke who bought top players for peanuts and won the league with them, and he's just bought a 30m player for 7m in the 3 months he's been here as a start.

Moshiri has set out his stall early in this respect, and I like it, it shows planning for the future, it shows nous.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back