Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think most would be of the same opinion if this summer had passed in line with the previous windows of late: with a decent net spend. The fact that Moshiri's first summer at the helm witnessed us taking more cash in than spending has set a lot of alarm bells ringing. How could it not given all the hullabaloo which has met his arrival and the boast of crashing through the glass ceiling?
But it's pure speculation Dave, I think there was 100m to spend, but on top players worth it, we were up against it with two bottom half finishes and no European football, it's just going to take a bit more time to build a top class squad by identifying the talents yet to be on the big stage, that's why he's got Walsh in, Walsh bought players that were directly responsible for Leceister winning the league.

Patience is needed, I'll be the first in the line to call him out after 2 years, but right now sensible people are waiting before passing judgement.

I apologise for being wrong more than anyone on this forum.
You're preaching to the choir, and off topic.
giphy.gif

To be fair though, Moshiri was responsible for pretty much none of that. People invented what Moshiri was going to do in their own minds and ran with it.

I'm not saying "Moshiri Out" at this point, so people saying "let's give him two years" etc. aren't actually that far divorced from my own thinking - except I'm thinking give him until pretty much this point next year. I could pass off January I guess as not many clubs do big business then, but I'd at least expect stadium news by that point.

If we go January and next summer without serious investment in the playing staff and news of a stadium, then things should start to get messy for Moshiri.

I'm not sure I buy into a belief that Moshiri has clean hands on the hype. He pays people a lot of cash to oversee the way he's perceived and this 'billionaire to smash through the glass ceiling for us" was something they should have been monitoring and damping down. I dont believe they wanted that though. With time to reflect on the summer window I think the intention all along has been to change the management of the club and not much else than that, and the stock needed to be high in order to get away with that, hence they did nothing to get on top of the hype. They've surfed it right through the the transfer window until it was closed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back