Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So you admit that anyone believing the hearsay is doing so because they choose to rather than basing their beliefs on evidence. My questions about how any alleged investment has been structured is entirely pertinent to this discussion, and the fact that the answer is nobody knows because he is keeping it a secret is at best unorthodox business practice given the set-up at Everton, and is at worst a complete load of nonsense, as was the claims of us having a 100milliin pound transfer budget and being able to sign whoever we want. It simply wasn't true.

It was never claimed by anyone at Everton, old or new regime, that there was a £100 million 'war chest'...that was rumour, paper talk, internet bull or something similar.

No mate. I think you do have an agenda.

I've only gone back a few posts and you have used the words covert or covertly I think 15 times. Why would you use such language if not to undermine Moshiri and make him out to be some sort of underhand operator.

You are very very good at twisting comments and throwing them straight back, and I don't think there's anything Esk, or anyone else for that matter, can say that will change your views. I have a wife who is exactly the same and I just know that I'd never ever win an argument with you. Your names not Susan by any chance is it?

There is no other way to describe Moshiri's alleged cash injection to Everton. If it has been done at all, then it has been done covertly. And given that the cash injection can't be through equity, I don't think it is unreasonable to express concern that he is loaning the club money and withholding the details from shareholders.

You clearly don't like the term because it doesn't fit in with your own beliefs that have derived from nothing but unsubstantiated rumours from internet message boards.

I mean, lets look at the other way, which of Moshiris actions have impressed you and made you think hes taken the club forward?

• His removal of Martinez
  • His recruitment of Koeman
  • Structural change of bringing in DoF
  • Season ticket pricing
  • Recruitment of Walsh
  • Retention of Lukaku
  • Progress on new stadium
  • Refurbishment of Goodison
  • Approval of Finch Farm improvements
  • Ongoing search for new board members and senior executives
Negatives:
  • Window not going to plan
  • Appalling PR performance of club

It was never claimed by anyone at Everton, old or new regime, that there was a £100 million 'war chest'...that was rumour, paper talk, internet bull or something similar.

Quite correct mate, the claim that we had 100 million pound to spend and the capability to purchase whoever we want came from unsubstantiated rumours on the Internet and turned out to be a load of bull.

• His removal of Martinez
  • His recruitment of Koeman
  • Structural change of bringing in DoF
  • Season ticket pricing
  • Recruitment of Walsh
  • Retention of Lukaku
  • Progress on new stadium
  • Refurbishment of Goodison
  • Approval of Finch Farm improvements
  • Ongoing search for new board members and senior executives
Negatives:
Just re new board members is there anything else on this?

Trust me you are not in the least bit entertaining! As for "sticking to debate", you're hardly debating, debate is a two sided thing and you have no intention whatsoever of listening to what anyone on the other "side" says purely because it doesn't suit your agenda! In the simplest of terms you're trying to impress people with your version of 1001 questions to Esk by asking the same question over and over again - give the bloke a break. I suspect he has a life to lead occasionally outside of this place, like most of us!

Stop crying. Esk can look after himself and would let me know if I was out of order. My questions have been pertinent to this discussion, you're just crying about it because it doesn't fit in with your beliefs that are based on nothing but internet rumour.

• His removal of Martinez Sacking a failing manager doesnt impress me, its something I would expect any owner/chairman to do
  • His recruitment of Koeman A manager from Southampton, a manager that has stated he would have stayed if they allowed it
  • Structural change of bringing in DoF That was a "knock on" from appointing a manager that "requires" it
  • Season ticket pricing Done before he took over
  • Recruitment of Walsh History will judge that appointment
  • Retention of Lukaku What? Keeping our players is a positive now?
  • Progress on new stadium Nothing at all to show thats the case
  • Refurbishment of Goodison We have been doing that for years, its not new
  • Approval of Finch Farm improvements Paid for by the council
  • Ongoing search for new board members and senior executives I keep searching for Kelly Brooks postcode
Negatives:
  • Window not going to plan Agreed
  • Appalling PR performance of club Agreed
  • Selling to buy
  • The need to continue to acquire loans

I mean if we look at your positive points the only 1 that "impresses" me is, erm, well to be frank, none of them.

To be honest though

• His removal of Martinez - probably would (and certainly should) have happened anyway after two bottom half finishes
  • His recruitment of Koeman - jury's out, too early to tell
  • Structural change of bringing in DoF - by hiring an inexperienced DOF who's only worked as a Chief Scout
  • Season ticket pricing - forced by two bottom half finishes
  • Recruitment of Walsh - see above
  • Retention of Lukaku - fair enough although no real bids received & others taking credit
  • Progress on new stadium - currently being denied by club
  • Refurbishment of Goodison - let's face it, it's a cheap and half-arsed job that doesn't stand up to a close inspection
  • Approval of Finch Farm improvements - who would say no to freebies paid back little by little by new TV money
  • Ongoing search for new board members and senior executives - nothing delivered as yet but Elstone given a place on the board
Negatives:

He's got a huge amount to prove in the next 12 months but so far it's all been a bit meh

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back