7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lenny_shirt.webp

Stop crying. Esk can look after himself and would let me know if I was out of order. My questions have been pertinent to this discussion, you're just crying about it because it doesn't fit in with your beliefs that are based on nothing but internet rumour.

Crying - ha ha! Hope you find the answer to all your questions Mr D and are happy one day, but I suspect not somehow! The Ignore button is a fine thing!

When did you turn into one of them?, this place is getting very tiresome with constant negativity
It's not constant negativity though. I want to see good things happen and I believe they will, but I'm in the same boat as Goat (ha!) right now - it just hasn't happened there yet, at all.

He's got it pretty much bang on with that 'edit'.

I would suggest that both sides "leave it out" now.

Most are firmly entrenched and I personally cant wait until all my claims of him being an utter fraud are left in a pile of ashes.

Gonna try and SWERVE this thread for a bit, (hopes he lasts longer than 2hours).

Spot on mate.

I've quoted this elsewhere in relation to that season:

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot"

It was a fleeting and wondrous thing. For some reason it couldn't last.

Reading the Harry Catterick book of late (again) and you get that same sense of something delicate but fantastic being put together in terms of the 1970 team that played fluid and beautiful football. While I'm in no way comparing that magnificent team and its achievement in 1969/70 to that Martinez team of a few years back, it did have the same sense of something impermanent about it.
If you are not comparing the brilliant Catterick sides to rms first season then why mention it? I saw them win the league in '63, cup in '66 and league again in '70. Mentioning rm in the same sentence as Harry besmirches the latter's achievements - no way imo was martinez's first season "a fleeting wondrous thing". I've given up smoking but I wouldn't mind something of which you're taking (allegedly - joke) lollol

Anyway - forward with Mosh !!!

By the way, excellent article on the transfer window by @catcherintherye on the front page - well worth a good read

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/09/07/done-evaluation-evertons-player-recruitment/
Disagree, think it's full of buzz words,fashionable phrases and
By the way, excellent article on the transfer window by @catcherintherye on the front page - well worth a good read

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/09/07/done-evaluation-evertons-player-recruitment/
disagree, I think it's full of fashionable,corporate,phrases and buzz words,someone trying to imply they know what's happening behind the scenes,big yawn from me,maybe I will put it in the thought fridge an snack on it later;)

Zero evidence of the claims people are making. These passionate defenses of our failing owner are bizarre. Maybe we wait and let time judge him. I'm not calling him the saviour of the club until he does something substantiate.

No one has defended him its just everyone is willing to him a proper chance to deliver rather than run him out of town because he hasn't done things on your timetable.

BTW what evidence have you provided to back up your claims ?

No one has defended him its just everyone is willing to him a proper chance to deliver rather than run him out of town because he hasn't done things on your timetable.

BTW what evidence have you provided to back up your claims ?

I've said to stop defending him passionately and equally to stop saying he's 100% a fraud because there's no evidence for anything. But's thats where the frustration comes from.

I mean if we look at your positive points the only 1 that "impresses" me is, erm, well to be frank, none of them.
Its the alternative reality of the "without Moshiri" list that scares most people:
  • Martinez replaced by caretaker manager until end of season (relegation battle ensues)
  • Last minute appointment of a lesser qualified manager
  • No pre-season ramp up
  • Lukaku and Stones are sold.
  • Money from player sales used to pay off old manager and retain new one - The rest disappears
  • Transfer window (meh - ok, no difference there)
  • The very notion of a stadium is quickly dismissed
  • Season starts with Kone up front (we lose against Spurs and draw or lose the rest)
  • The first of many plane banners is seen flying over a dilapidated Goodison
  • Bill Kenwright tells us he is still searching 24/7 for a new owner.
  • Hope leaves the room and someone turns the lights out.
Now, Moshiri, only 6 months in by the way, may well be the damp match that some on here are proclaiming, but as long as there is a glimmer of hope, then I for one am going to be hanging on to it until all you early adapters of the neg waves are proven right or wrong.

Its the alternative reality of the "without Moshiri" list that scares most people:
  • Martinez replaced by caretaker manager until end of season (relegation battle ensues)
  • Last minute appointment of a lesser qualified manager
  • No pre-season ramp up
  • Lukaku and Stones are sold.
  • Money from player sales used to pay off old manager and retain new one - The rest disappears
  • Transfer window (meh - ok, no difference there)
  • The very notion of a stadium is quickly dismissed
  • Season starts with Kone up front (we lose against Spurs and draw or lose the rest)
  • The first of many plane banners is seen flying over a dilapidated Goodison
  • Bill Kenwright tells us he is still searching 24/7 for a new owner.
  • Hope leaves the room and someone turns the lights out.
Now, Moshiri, only 6 months in by the way, may well be the damp match that some on here are proclaiming, but as long as there is a glimmer of hope, then I for one am going to be hanging on to it until all you early adapters of the neg waves are proven right or wrong.

They keep dragging me back in!!!! FFS

Thats a pretty hellish list that has no sense of reality, you have managed to paint a pretty grim picture of poor old Bill there.

.....the word 'strategy' is regularly used by @catcherintherye and I think it's worth mentioning the timing of this window in respect of Walsh's and to a lesser extent RKs appointment. Walsh came in without having done any groundwork on defining and identifying the types required, it's unlikely RK had any clear strategy for this window as he was also assessing what he already had. The scope of Walsh's role is much greater than at Leicester and he will need to appoint a support group.

My concern was the apparent haphazard, scattergun approach as the final days approached. A bit like a kid in a sweet shop with a couple of quid to spend but not sure what to buy. The Sissoko deal appears bazaar, according to Vinnie Connor's source his agent approached Everton to say he was available on deadline day and we went for it. It's all a bit headless chicken like.

I think it's reasonable that fans remain nervous of additional investment and the end of hand to mouth (buy to sell) existence. Ultimately no matter of discussion on here will fully alleviate that nervousness, only actions will do that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back