Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
His agenda is to highlight that the majority of people who are "supporting" Moshiri are doing it based on assumptions that they hold or in certain cases information relayed from @The Esk s source who claims that debts have been paid off despite hard evidence showing thats not the case.

As ive said, I get that people still have faith in the man, I do myself, but I think hes currently holding a false position with some people.

We sold to buy
We still loan players
We still take loans
We still have debts
We are still at Goodison

Those are all undisputable facts.

I mean, lets look at the other way, which of Moshiris actions have impressed you and made you think hes taken the club forward?
No mate.

In my view he's a protagonist who's real agenda is to undermine Moshiri's credibility and show him up to be an underhand operator. I don't know what his motives are for this. The "supporting evidence" claims are merely a bi-product of this.

I personally form my own beliefs on Moshiri and don't hang on Esk's every word. Let's be honest, he couldn't have been much more wrong during the transfer window.

As regards your indisputable facts

We had minimal positive spend during the window. That's not actual proof that we had a sell to buy policy. There is more than enough evidence from press and social media quotes from foreign clubs and agents to accept that we made significant bids during the transfer window for numerous players.

Yes we still loan players but I don't see what that has to do with anything. In the last 18 months clubs of the standing of United, Chelsea and Bayern. Plus I don't believe we would have entered the loan market had we bagged one of our striker targets on deadline day. Yes it's an indisputable fact, but I don't see what the relevance is to questioning what Moshiri's done for us.

We still take loans. We have set up a credit line to give us the ability to finance the TV money which is staggered throughout the year. Most clubs will do this but the financially more sound will probably do it through an overdraft with their bankers. Doesn't mean that we have utilised the facility and I see nothing wrong with this type of credit line being in place to call on if needed..

We still have debts. Possibly, I don't know. Esk claims they have been repaid. We won't find out until the accounts are published I guess. I wouldn't call that undisputable fact at the moment though.

We are still at Goodison. Yes. Undisputable. What did you expect though?. That Moshiri in 6 months would fashion a new stadium out of thin air?

As regards what Moshiri's done for us.

Well firstly he got rid of a manager who had lost the trust and support of both the players and the fans. I really believe BK wouldn't have sacked him. He should have gone earlier and Moshiri has to take some of the blame for this.

I like the new manager he brought in. He could have gone for easier or cheaper options but I believe he made a good choice.

Whist the jury is still out, I do believe he made a good choice in his appointment of Walsh as DOF. Time will tell I guess.

There is a general positive feeling around the club and the majority of it's supporters of the direction the club is going in (not by everybody I accept). Six months ago I bet half of the season ticket holders were considering not renewing this season. I know I was and the 4 guys I go the match with. Most of the talk around a new stadium now is positive whereas 6 months ago it was almost vitriolic.

On the negative side he has to take responsibility for a below par transfer window. I don't know why he hasn't increased his share holding yet to get completely rid of the old brigade. He needs to replace the Chairman and CEO with proper football people asap. And don't even get me started on the Jim White saga.

I think the transfer window was a reality check, for us fans and indeed for Moshiri himself, as regards Everton's standing in world football. I can't understand why so many on here use this to question Moshiri's intent and ambitions for our club. But they're entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

Would I prefer us to be further advanced as regards management structure and squad quality?. You bet. Would I go back to pre Feb 2016 before Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton?. Never. Would you?

If you are not comparing the brilliant Catterick sides to rms first season then why mention it? I saw them win the league in '63, cup in '66 and league again in '70. Mentioning rm in the same sentence as Harry besmirches the latter's achievements - no way imo was martinez's first season "a fleeting wondrous thing". I've given up smoking but I wouldn't mind something of which you're taking (allegedly - joke) lollol

Anyway - forward with Mosh !!!
I think you need to read my post again mate if you've gone off on a tangent like that.

The connection was the attempt to play attractive and winning football; something that's almost too delicate to last.

Football should attempt to be an art-form. There's definitely something noble about a team (especially Catterick's one that carried all before it) that blossoms for a short period and spellbinds everyone before falling away. One title won in such a way is worth ten won the way of the artisan with blood and snot and sweat (see Leicester last season as just one example of many). Similarly (and on a mere mortal level) I'd rather one season of Martinez's, when Everton got the ball down and played it to feet and tried to build moves with passing and movement, than 11 Moyes' seasons of pumping the ball into Cahill or Fellaini and scrapping like dogs for a bone for that second ball.

The biggest flaw in moshiri's ownership thus far I feel, has been the distinct lack of communication with the fanbase. An interview with the OS spelling out his intentions and visions for the club would alleviate many concerns that that the fans have.

I think you need to read my post again mate if you've gone off on a tangent like that.

The connection was the attempt to play attractive and winning football; something that's almost too delicate to last.

Football should attempt to be an art-form. There's definitely something noble about a team (especially Catterick's one that carried all before it) that blossoms for a short period and spellbinds everyone before falling away. One title won in such a way is worth ten won the way of the artisan with blood and snot and sweat (see Leicester last season as just one example of many). Similarly (and on a mere mortal level) I'd rather one season of Martinez's, when Everton got the ball down and played it to feet and tried to build moves with passing and movement, than 11 Moyes' seasons of pumping the ball into Cahill or Fellaini and scrapping like dogs for a bone for that second ball.
Are you still going on about 72 points? You do realize that as much as you love Berto, he's gone and was awful. Move on and find something else to use as troll bait.

Moshiri's resources and standing in the game mean we no longer have to believe in pipe dream fantasies spun by championship con men.

No mate.

In my view he's a protagonist who's real agenda is to undermine Moshiri's credibility and show him up to be an underhand operator. I don't know what his motives are for this. The "supporting evidence" claims are merely a bi-product of this.

I personally form my own beliefs on Moshiri and don't hang on Esk's every word. Let's be honest, he couldn't have been much more wrong during the transfer window.

As regards your indisputable facts

We had minimal positive spend during the window. That's not actual proof that we had a sell to buy policy. There is more than enough evidence from press and social media quotes from foreign clubs and agents to accept that we made significant bids during the transfer window for numerous players.

Yes we still loan players but I don't see what that has to do with anything. In the last 18 months clubs of the standing of United, Chelsea and Bayern. Plus I don't believe we would have entered the loan market had we bagged one of our striker targets on deadline day. Yes it's an indisputable fact, but I don't see what the relevance is to questioning what Moshiri's done for us.

We still take loans. We have set up a credit line to give us the ability to finance the TV money which is staggered throughout the year. Most clubs will do this but the financially more sound will probably do it through an overdraft with their bankers. Doesn't mean that we have utilised the facility and I see nothing wrong with this type of credit line being in place to call on if needed..

We still have debts. Possibly, I don't know. Esk claims they have been repaid. We won't find out until the accounts are published I guess. I wouldn't call that undisputable fact at the moment though.

We are still at Goodison. Yes. Undisputable. What did you expect though?. That Moshiri in 6 months would fashion a new stadium out of thin air?

As regards what Moshiri's done for us.

Well firstly he got rid of a manager who had lost the trust and support of both the players and the fans. I really believe BK wouldn't have sacked him. He should have gone earlier and Moshiri has to take some of the blame for this.

I like the new manager he brought in. He could have gone for easier or cheaper options but I believe he made a good choice.

Whist the jury is still out, I do believe he made a good choice in his appointment of Walsh as DOF. Time will tell I guess.

There is a general positive feeling around the club and the majority of it's supporters of the direction the club is going in (not by everybody I accept). Six months ago I bet half of the season ticket holders were considering not renewing this season. I know I was and the 4 guys I go the match with. Most of the talk around a new stadium now is positive whereas 6 months ago it was almost vitriolic.

On the negative side he has to take responsibility for a below par transfer window. I don't know why he hasn't increased his share holding yet to get completely rid of the old brigade. He needs to replace the Chairman and CEO with proper football people asap. And don't even get me started on the Jim White saga.

I think the transfer window was a reality check, for us fans and indeed for Moshiri himself, as regards Everton's standing in world football. I can't understand why so many on here use this to question Moshiri's intent and ambitions for our club. But they're entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

Would I prefer us to be further advanced as regards management structure and squad quality?. You bet. Would I go back to pre Feb 2016 before Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton?. Never. Would you?

Yes, in Feb 2016 Besic was fit and available.

Also it seems as if you bought a ST based on lies, how do you feel Friend?

"Latest scenes from Goodison Park as the Everton fans wait for news of their new stadium in July 2025"

images

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back