Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
A forum where there's a swear filter though.

If it were being circumvented to use to attack a horror of a man who was an avowed enemy of the club you could rationalize it sliding through. But it's not. It's a disgraceful attack on a former manager.
So are we to just discount years of your opinion of Bill Kenwright and David Moyes? Because you were less than complimentary to both of them, despite one being a manager and one the Chairman of Everton Football Club.

Exactly.

The signs are that we sold John Stones and then bought some players that have less upside (though may be better today). We mortgaged the future for a mediocre present. We also fired an objectively bad manager for one that is probably an upgrade, though he's never actually done anything to suggest he's a great manager. Oh and we hired someone's head scout as a DoF. Those are the things the club did.

Stadium etc. are not from the club.

I hope it's not true. But those are the actual signs from the club.

We sold a player that has wanted to leave for the past 12 months, who was quite frankly garbage at times last season, to the point that he had to be dropped in January/February (along with the goalkeeper) and the team's defence magically improved following his dropping. He's consistently touted as the next big thing, yet he never saw a single minute of Euro 2016 playing time. In my eyes he's no loss whatsoever. 'Mortgaged the future'... lol. Ashley Williams is a far superior defender and leader. He's far from 'mediocre'.

We fired a BAD manager. Nothing 'objective' about it. He should have been fired last summer, never mind this year. We brought in a great manager, somebody who commands respect, upholds authority, gets players fit, has a plan B and C, can change games not going his way with proper decision making. 'Probably an upgrade'... FFS. Stevie Wonder could see he was an upgrade. There's no probably about it. And he's won league titles, in multiple different countries, and he's been a relative successive in this country over multiple seasons.

We hired the League Champions Head of Scout and someone who has proved himself repeatedly at the champions and also at Chelsea in the late 90s/early 00s. He's been in his job about 2 months. He's not Merlin the Magician.

We've enjoyed our best start to a season in 10 years. Kevin Mirallas seems revitalised. Idrissa Gueye seems an absolute bargain of a buy, as does Steklenberg in goal. Bolasie looks useful at the very least.

You can choose to put a negative spin on things, but the above are the actual facts of the situation.

Spouting negative BS constantly doesn't make it true, doesn't make you a 'smart fan' who knows what's going on.

So are we to just discount years of your opinion of Bill Kenwright and David Moyes? Because you were less than complimentary to both of them, despite one being a manager and one the Chairman of Everton Football Club.
There's a world of difference between, on the one hand, having a go at a chairman who concocted fairy stories about takeovers and investment and generally pulled the wool over supporters eyes and, on the other hand, Martinez - who's crime was failing to keep control of footballers and making poor decisions in his last season here.

As for Moyes: I supported him to the hilt from when he took over until 2009 (and there was some dour football on offer and questionable attitude of his as to the status of this club). So there was no kneejerk attack on him. In his later period here he sided with Kenwright and openly attacked supporters wanting a more ambitious club. And we all know what he said after he left. Btw, he's someone (even after all that) I'd accept helped the club out from a dark period. But, again, there's no comparison between Moyes and his malevolence to EFC and Martinez.

We sold a player that has wanted to leave for the past 12 months, who was quite frankly garbage at times last season, to the point that he had to be dropped in January/February (along with the goalkeeper) and the team's defence magically improved following his dropping. He's consistently touted as the next big thing, yet he never saw a single minute of Euro 2016 playing time. In my eyes he's no loss whatsoever. 'Mortgaged the future'... lol. Ashley Williams is a far superior defender and leader. He's far from 'mediocre'.

We fired a BAD manager. Nothing 'objective' about it. He should have been fired last summer, never mind this year. We brought in a great manager, somebody who commands respect, upholds authority, gets players fit, has a plan B and C, can change games not going his way with proper decision making. 'Probably an upgrade'... FFS. Stevie Wonder could see he was an upgrade. There's no probably about it. And he's won league titles, in multiple different countries, and he's been a relative successive in this country over multiple seasons.

We hired the League Champions Head of Scout and someone who has proved himself repeatedly at the champions and also at Chelsea in the late 90s/early 00s. He's been in his job about 2 months. He's not Merlin the Magician.

We've enjoyed our best start to a season in 10 years. Kevin Mirallas seems revitalised. Idrissa Gueye seems an absolute bargain of a buy, as does Steklenberg in goal. Bolasie looks useful at the very least.

You can choose to put a negative spin on things, but the above are the actual facts of the situation.

Spouting negative BS constantly doesn't make it true, doesn't make you a 'smart fan' who knows what's going on.
You're not actually countering my points. You're spinning them. Which is fine! All I'm arguing is that the club should be doing that too!

Objective means 'factually accurate'. I.E. I agree. We fired a bad manager. We brought in a manager that has won one cup, a decade ago in a different league, and did some things in the Dutch league...which, whatever. Let's not anoint him before he's succeeded.

Walsh was a head scout. Now he's a DoF (I think, but who knows?). Those are different jobs. Hopefully he can make the jump.

John Stones will be a better defender than Ashley Williams barring a massive surprise or injury. Should we have sold him? I hope so. I really am not placing my personal opinion of our transfer business here. I'm trying to keep it objective. We sold a brilliant young player for a bunch of money and then spent that money on other players. No investment beyond that.

The point is that you're arguing that we've done good business. You are hopeful and believe in the new regime. I also have hope, though it's a bit guarded. Others are even more cynical. The club is doing nothing about that, they're just keeping silent. The silence is what I actively object to, because all it does is alienate parts of the fanbase.

You're painting me as someone with an opinion on the squad. I sit on the fence far too much for that. I'm just pointing out that our PR team is godawful, and it's people like yourself that are keeping hopes up on your own, because the VISIBLE club activity shows little difference between the Moshiri era and the Kenwright era.

Spouting negative BS constantly doesn't make it true, doesn't make you a 'smart fan' who knows what's going on..

wutevr.gif

There's a world of difference between, on the one hand, having a go at a chairman who concocted fairy stories about takeovers and investment and generally pulled the wool over supporters eyes and, on the other hand, Martinez - who's crime was failing to keep control of footballers and making poor decisions in his last season here.

As for Moyes: I supported him to the hilt from when he took over until 2009 (and there was some dour football on offer and questionable attitude of his as to the status of this club). So there was no kneejerk attack on him. In his later period here he sided with Kenwright and openly attacked supporters wanting a more ambitious club. And we all know what he said after he left. Btw, he's someone (even after all that) I'd accept helped the club out from a dark period. But, again, there's no comparison between Moyes and his malevolence to EFC and Martinez.
Yeah, but you are dressing it up. What it boils down to is, you like Martinez, and think he shouldn't be the target of criticism. You can't have it both ways, the fact you were quite vicious to Martinez's predecessor makes you a hypocrite, regardless of your justification.

Yeah, but you are dressing it up. What it boils down to is, you like Martinez, and think he shouldn't be the target of criticism. You can't have it both ways, the fact you were quite vicious to Martinez's predecessor makes you a hypocrite, regardless of your justification.

If you have neighbours who are a nuisance and you call for everything, and they're replaced by decent neighbours, is it hypocrisy not to call both nuisances because you called the first what they were?

@The Esk

Could the sale of Earls shares be conditional that this new loan facility taken out is continued?

Knowing full well the murky nature of the company borrowed off again and it's (vague) links to Green et al ?

Could Green have been the financier behind Earls initial investment ?

#conspiracytheory

If you have neighbours who are a nuisance and you call for everything, and they're replaced by decent neighbours, is it hypocrisy not to call both nuisances because you called the first what they were?

I see the bait dangling on the line, but I am not biting (well, maybe a nibble).

It is a forum, you are allowed an opinion (yes, even you, which is why you have had years to opine on Moyes & KB & co). Just pointing out that while you find Martinez criticism to be mean and unjustified, you yourself have inflicted your share of meanness on previous Managers.

I see the bait dangling on the line, but I am not biting (well, maybe a nibble).

It is a forum, you are allowed an opinion (yes, even you, which is why you have had years to opine on Moyes & KB & co). Just pointing out that while you find Martinez criticism to be mean and unjustified, you yourself have inflicted your share of meanness on previous Managers.

The context is justification. It's staggering to me that it's being downplayed here. Just about anyone could be called a hypocrite on that basis.

But regardless of hypocrisy, let me ask you: is continually using the word 'p***k' as a prefix when referring to a former manager ok, or should it be stopped?

The context is justification. It's staggering to me that it's being downplayed here. Just about anyone could be called a hypocrite on that basis.

But regardless of hypocrisy, let me ask you: is continually using the word 'p***k' as a prefix when referring to a former manager ok, or should it be stopped?

LOL

Oh David, the whole fanbase will cheer when the clown gets sacked by Belgium, it will be just you and Graeme Jones looking unhappy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back