Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I am completely lost by people giving Moshiri stick and claiming he has no interest in spending money. You do realise it cost nearly 20 mil to get rid of Martinez and co and bring in Koeman, Walsh etc.

Not only that but it is confirmed that:

We had a bid of around 30 million on the table for Witsel
We bid 18 million for Kone
We bid 30 million for Sissoko
We bid around 20 million for that striker from Napoli
We bid 18 million for Perez

Each of them never came off for one reason or another, none of which were Everton's fault.

Now if all of them came off (of course we would have only signed one of Witsel and Sissoko and one of Perez or the lad from Napoli) that adds up to 56-58 million.

We sold Stones for 47 million, but we lost around 7 million to Barnsley. We would have also had to pay a loyalty bonus to Stones, I guess around 2-3 million. So the total we would have received for Stones is around 37 million.

We spent around £46 mil on Bolasie, Williams etc.

So firstly, we didn't make a profit in the window. We made a loss of around 8-10 million.

If the rest of our business had come off, that would have been a net spend of around 65-70 million.

The money was there! Unfortunately our lack of status, no European football and issues with the selling club meant we struggled. This process will take time and as Koeman has already said up to 4 windows to get the team right.

Lets all chill and enjoy the ride.

Great post, the problem in the summer wasn't Moshiri, Walsh or Koemen but was simply Everton Football Club not being where we want them to be, I dont mean in terms of the docks, but in status.
Having cash is one thing, everyone has cash at the mo, having draw is another and money can't buy that overnight.

Nothing wrong with the summer window, the squad got better on and off the field.

I am completely lost by people giving Moshiri stick and claiming he has no interest in spending money. You do realise it cost nearly 20 mil to get rid of Martinez and co and bring in Koeman, Walsh etc.

Each of them never came off for one reason or another, none of which were Everton's fault.

Now if all of them came off (of course we would have only signed one of Witsel and Sissoko and one of Perez or the lad from Napoli) that adds up to 56-58 million.

We sold Stones for 47 million, but we lost around 7 million to Barnsley. We would have also had to pay a loyalty bonus to Stones, I guess around 2-3 million. So the total we would have received for Stones is around 37 million.

So firstly, we didn't make a profit in the window. We made a loss of around 8-10 million.

If the rest of our business had come off, that would have been a net spend of around 65-70 million.

The money was there! Unfortunately our lack of status, no European football and issues with the selling club meant we struggled. This process will take time and as Koeman has already said up to 4 windows to get the team right.

Stones put in a transfer request so no loyalty payment.

Koeman only had one year left of his contract and Martinez took a job straight away so your figure of £20m compensation is over the top.

Again the rest is just conjecture with regards to the money 100% being there. We've gone through it all before with the likes of Negrado, Fer, Odjidja-Ofoe so it's really not that far of a stretch to think the same might have happened here

Would go along with that if you can expand the argument by saying how that improves us significantly against our competitors.

Well it'd be bigger/as big as Anfield and the re-developed Stamford Bridge/White Hart Lane, it's a realistic number that we could expect to fill week-in-week-out. Can also be reasonably designed to retain the atmosphere etc.

I personally can't see us selling out 60,000 every week

Maybe mate, I think our tickets in the main are competitive so unsure we would reduce them
If honest I only see them going up on the back of a new stadium being built
They are but they are still expensive especially if you have a family to pay for.

There's probably some formula/graph that the business people would know that shows the number of new tickets sold due to lower prices vs the loss of each individual ticket sold and therefore gross due to cheaper prices.

It would just be nice to be like Man City and make it affordable. If that was the only gain from the stadium then that would still be good.

They are but they are still expensive especially if you have a family to pay for.

There's probably some formula/graph that the business people would know that shows the number of new tickets sold due to lower prices vs the loss of each individual ticket sold and therefore gross due to cheaper prices.

It would just be nice to be like Man City and make it affordable. If that was the only gain from the stadium then that would still be good.
think I mentioned about family schemes being an option
The thing is if we encourage more family's to go the game, the spin offs would definitely offset the reduction in the ticket.

Are city so much cheaper than us

think I mentioned about family schemes being an option
The thing is if we encourage more family's to go the game, the spin offs would definitely offset the reduction in the ticket.

Are city so much cheaper than us
The cheapest season ticket for City is £299.00 and for us £444.00. How else do you think they fill their ground. Until recently they were a no mark team with few fans.

The only team cheaper is Stoke and not by much.

The cheapest season ticket for City is £299.00 and for us £444.00. How else do you think they fill their ground. Until recently they were a no mark team with few fans.

The only team cheaper is Stoke and not by much.
Strange though that our kids season tickets are significantly cheaper than city
Also our most expensive seat is still 1k cheaper than city

still £299 is a good price, but would be interested for how many seats this apply to

Batten down the hatches my friend and put your tin hat on, the haters and conspiracy theorists will be after your head for attempting any sort of positivity in this thread!

55k would be ideal for us. Guaranteed to sell out 10+ games in a city centre location.
Massive focus though on corporate if it is city centre! The location is key!

I disagree. If he moves us out to the outskirts of Liverpool I think we would have a hard time both keeping our existing fan base and certainly building on it.

So in my view then he won't be a success and it will have been a cost effective move that maximizes his profit while lumbering us with a stadium that doesn't fit our needs for decades to come.

In business there's no such thing as excuses just a lack of money to fix the problems. Just any new stadium won't be better for the fans. Look at West Ham.
I think we both agree that the lack of a new stadium is holding the club back both commercially and financially.

I also agree that the ideal scenario would be a super new stadium in a riverside location. I'm just realistic enough to acknowledge that there are any number of reasons why this might not happen, or at least not on the scale that many fans would like.

I don't agree that we would struggle to keep our fan base if we moved to the outskirts, or that we wouldn't have moved on massively as a club should we build such a stadium. I guess we have to agree to differ on those points but there's no harm in that. Stadium issues have always been very emotive and, I'm sure will continue to do so. Let's hope we both get what we want and then there won't be an issue.:)

Fair point you make re West Ham, although making a call on that after 1 game could be a bit premature. You may well be proved right though. I know a lot of Arsenal fans are still not happy with their new arrangements. But that doesn't mean that their club haven't moved on as a result.

Anyway, the original point I was trying to make, and maybe didn't do a particularly good job of, is that a lot of our fans will now have set their expectations for the new stadium at very high levels. If the club don't match those expectations there will be massive fume. I just hope that the clubs lofty ambitions (as in the last transfer window) don't come back to bite us on the bum again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back