12m on Williams
7m on Gueye
28m on Bolasie
1m On Calvert-Lewin
Nominal fee for Stekelenberg & Valencia

So that's a minimum of £48m probably closer to £50m

Now we received £47.5m for Stones, with a future potential of £2.5m

So let's call it £50m

Has it been considered that Barnsley got £8m of that fee? If so that puts our net spend at around -£8m, then when you take into account to £20m (estimated) to sort the staffing in and outs, is it fair to say on the staff and squad £28m has been spent? Or is that unfair?

So it's
12m on Williams
7m on Gueye
28m on Bolasie
1m On Calvert-Lewin

So let's call it £50m

Has it been considered that Barnsley got £8m of that fee? If so that puts our net spend at around -£8m, then when you take into account to £20m (estimated) to sort the staffing in and outs, is it fair to say on the staff and squad £28m has been spent? Or is that unfair?
My take is slightly different.
Williams fee is rising to 12mil assuming that all triggers for add ons are reacehed. Think the figure to use is 10 mil. Cos EFC ignore contingent liabilities in their accounts.
Similarly, bolasie was 25 mil I think. Add ons again.
Gueye is fine - release clause no add ons I think.
Calvert - Lewin don't know but assume a straight fee.
Stekelenberg don't know
Valencia isn't a purchase so keep outside the player trading account.
Stones - ignore add ons but allow 7 mil for Barnsley.
So I'd calculate the spend as about 44mil (allows 900k for Stek) with 40.5 for Stones.

Don't know what compensation was, but 3.5mil + compo if yiu include management.
But I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:
My take is slightly different.
Williams fee is rising to 12mil assuming that all triggers for add ons are reacehed. Think the figure to use is 10 mil. Cos EFC ignore contingent liabilities in their accounts.
Similarly, bolasie was 25 mil I think. Add ons again.
Gueye is fine - release clause no add ons I think.
Calvert - Lewin don't know but assume a straight fee.
Stekelenberg don't know
Valencia isn't a purchase so keep outside the player trading account.
Stones - ignore add ons but allow 7 mil for Barnsley.
So I'd calculate the spend as abput 44mil (allows 900k for Stek) with 40.5 for Stones.

But I'm probably wrong.
Probably fair, should be noted I think West Ham were 6th largest net spenders and if we are calling our transfer outlay £5m then we were only £29m away from being up there in the all important, to football fans/accountants, net spend table.

So it's
12m on Williams
7m on Gueye
28m on Bolasie
1m On Calvert-Lewin

So let's call it £50m

I personally question the 20m.

I dont believe for 1 second we spent 20m on compo, I consider it a number people have plucked from the air and are now treating it as gospel, but regardless, the need for people to stick the compo on top to push the agenda is sickening.

If it was a discussion on club accounts fine, but its not, its simply about the players In and the players Out, we either spent a little or we spent nothing at all, either way, to then delve into the accounts and try and "sex" up the spend baffles me.

I dont believe for 1 second we spent 20m on compo, I consider it a number people have plucked from the air and are now treating it as gospel, but regardless, the need for people to stick the compo on top to push the agenda is sickening.

If it was a discussion on club accounts fine, but its not, its simply about the players In and the players Out, we either spent a little or we spent nothing at all, either way, to then delve into the accounts and try and "sex" up the spend baffles me.
TBF mate, you have to.

As I say, you would need to factor in many things in order to determine the overall club accounts over the Summer :

Player trading
Wages
Wages saved during recruitment
Agents fees
Loyalty payments
Chocolate hobnobs
Fluctuating price of fax paper
Brexit
Pogba
The Euros

Pick an excuse you utter Mosh worshippers.

The obsession with it, net spend that is, I just dont get either.

IMO, we sold Stones, and with that we have made the squad stronger.

We missed some targets. Can argue long into the night if that is same as/same as, phantom bids, "wheres the TV money?".

Quite comfortable atm me.

ATM that is. Time will tell....

We missed some targets. Can argue long into the night if that is same as/same as, phantom bids, "wheres the TV money?".

It is what it is Ray, windows done, we screwed it rar up, its how we move forward now, you dig?

Agree with you.
Think it was based on paying off RM and backroom staff for the remainder of their contracts, plus payment to Southampton for Koeman and Leicester for Walsh.
The RM thing may have been negotiated down, but don't know.

Agree with you.
Think it was based on paying off RM and backroom staff for the remainder of their contracts, plus payment to Southampton for Koeman and Leicester for Walsh.
The RM thing may have been negotiated down, but don't know.

Think its assumed we paid Martinez 10m, Saints 5m and Vardy FC 5m or something stupid like that, I mean what world does that even happen in.

I agree, but without the arguments being put up it would just be a free for all of negative nonsense. I think we all just need a match.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back