Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Okay Mate, but how did you acquire them?
Through Blankstone Sington - they're stockbrokers based in Exchange Flags and are the only authorised brokers for Everton shares. They can only sell if an existing shareholder has lodged a wish to sell shares with them. This arrangement has lasted for years - I bought a couple in 2007 through them (for considerably less than £1,700!)

Through Blankstone Sington - they're stockbrokers based in Exchange Flags and are the only authorised brokers for Everton shares. They can only sell if an existing shareholder has lodged a wish to sell shares with them. This arrangement has lasted for years - I bought a couple in 2007 through them (for considerably less than £1,700!)

Never any of that, cheers for explaining.

I bought two shares at £1,700 each in July this year.

their website says

As at 11/04/2016 the indicative price of a single Everton share is £1700 per share.

be interesting to note whether in the past 5 months whether the share price has gone up or down now.

Apologies gentlemen.
I know that about a year or so back they were about 1350 on there.

Robert Earl loaning his wedge - not going to happen really is it.
Even if the other 3 did, taxation would have to be be paid before they could.
That's the point. I'm saying Robert Earl would keep his since he probably wants out since the KD didn't happen.

The others wouldn't have gained anything so no tax would have to be paid. There's no way to know unless we have access to the accounts.

That's the point. I'm saying Robert Earl would keep his since he probably wants out since the KD didn't happen.

The others wouldn't have gained anything so no tax would have to be paid. There's no way to know unless we have access to the accounts.
They'd have made a capital gain on shares held so unless rollover relief was available, either personally or via their companies would be liable to tax mate.

Come on Marty, you don't genuinely believe this guff do you. It's almost as out there as Bizarro's Philip Green conspiracy theory.

That's what I thought. Do you know why the current share value if you're buying through Blankstone Sington (the only source from which to buy shares) is £1,700 per share?
Because individually those shares are pretty worthless. They would only be worth something if added together they gave you some sort of power within the club.

Robert Earl paid £1200 a share in 2006. So his profit was £ 30.95 million

Kenwright and Woods paid £857 per share in 2000. Thus Kenwright made a profit of £19.8m on the shares he sold and Woods a profit of £14.5 million on his sold shares.

Come on Marty, you don't genuinely believe this guff do you. It's almost as out there as Bizarro's Philip Green conspiracy theory.
I don't think it is a bizarre conspiracy theory. It's the most likely outcome of the deal especially since there's no sign of Kenwright leaving.

Kenwright needed the money to build a stadium. He replaced one shareholder that only came on board for the previous failed stadium move with another one who has the money. Given the price of the club and the price of a new stadium it meant his shares would be diluted.

The only question I think is worthy is do you think Moshiri once the final deal i.e. his shares increase to 75% and the stadium starts being built Moshiri agreed with Kenwright that he will leave or not. Given Kenwright's history and Moshiri's desire to not be directly involved I think it's perfectly logical to assume Moshiri is very happy to allow Kenwright to stay in charge and that's one of the reasons Kenwright agreed to the deal.

I don't think there's a major issue with that. I'm not a Kenwright hater since I think he did an OK job with a limited budget. My main problem with him was that he didn't have the money and should have sought other investment much sooner. He put his desire to retain control over the needs of the club.

Robert Earl paid £1200 a share in 2006. So his profit was £ 30.95 million

Kenwright and Woods paid £857 per share in 2000. Thus Kenwright made a profit of £19.8m on the shares he sold and Woods a profit of £14.5 million on his sold shares.
However only if they received money from the deal would that apply.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back