Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
OK. If the stadium is going to cost 200m then that is going to have to be paid from the shareholders because the club can't fund it. If Moshiri has paid 100m (for their shares) to the remaining shareholders then they would have 100m available to match his 100m to build the stadium. Which is the share ratio right now.

The sum total is that Kenwright and co have lost shares, Everton have a new stadium and Kenwright and co are no richer.

Why would the shareholders sell their shares and then pay for the stadium? If a shareholder sells shares the proceeds belong to the shareholder not the club.

If the club issues new shares then all shareholders contribute at whatever price the new shares are priced at. Shareholders do not have to take up the right to buy new shares if they don't want to.

Why would the shareholders sell their shares and then pay for the stadium? If a shareholder sells shares the proceeds belong to the shareholder not the club.

If the club issues new shares then all shareholders contribute at whatever price the new shares are priced at. Shareholders do not have to take up the right to buy new shares if they don't want to.

Robert Earl loaning his wedge - not going to happen really is it.
Even if the other 3 did, taxation would have to be be paid before they could.

OK. If the stadium is going to cost 200m then that is going to have to be paid from the shareholders because the club can't fund it. If Moshiri has paid 100m (for their shares) to the remaining shareholders then they would have 100m available to match his 100m to build the stadium. Which is the share ratio right now.

The sum total is that Kenwright and co have lost shares, Everton have a new stadium and Kenwright and co are no richer.
...they'd be half a new stadium richer

That's what I thought. Do you know why the current share value if you're buying through Blankstone Sington (the only source from which to buy shares) is £1,700 per share?

I haven't asked recently what the current price is, I tried buying more at the beginning of the year but there were no sellers at any price.
If the current price is £1700 then that would be because existing shareholders are not expecting Moshiri to acquire their shares any time soon. I'll check the current share price tomorrow.

their website says

As at 11/04/2016 the indicative price of a single Everton share is £1700 per share.

be interesting to note whether in the past 5 months whether the share price has gone up or down now.

They used to go for £1500 quid. But I wouldn't know. Inflation?

I did query this when he took over though. If he wants to buy everyone out, what would he offer the independent share holders right now? That's the value in my opinion.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back