7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
xerxes300sequel_1331935773.jpg

....what a punch of ingrate subjects...

I had a similar problem, when a house the missus wanted us to buy that was for sale for £175.00, fell through when the vendor rejected my offer of £97.000, spread over 50 years , as I was happy where we where, result ! At least the wife was content that we went for it :) , just glad she never knew anymore about , what offer I put in !
There were reports it was Moshiri who pulled out of the Carvalho deal due to money. People say he chose not to come but why would he send his passport if that was the case?

Until Moshiri spends I think we have every reason to be skeptical and unfortunately I put the loss to Norwich firmly at his door due to not buying a striker and yesterday for having no backup for Barry.

Last edited:
We all know Earle was part of the KD debacle, and was in it just for that.
So why do you not think Moshiri isn't just in it for the stadium move?

Kenwright has been looking for someone to help fund the stadium for years and it makes sense that the only reason Moshiri is on board is because eventually Kenwright had to give up on getting the council to pay for it so he sold shares in the club to finance it.

In other words. Moshiri isn't a villain or a savior. He's just another one in a long line of rich shareholders that allows Kenwright to maintain his position in the club.

So why do you not think Moshiri isn't just in it for the stadium move?

Kenwright has been looking for someone to help fund the stadium for years and it makes sense that the only reason Moshiri is on board is because eventually Kenwright had to give up on getting the council to pay for it so he sold shares in the club to finance it.

In other words. Moshiri isn't a villain or a savior. He's just another one in a long line of rich shareholders that allows Kenwright to maintain his position in the club.
So Kenwright sold just over £20 mil of shares to fund a stadium?

There were reports it was Moshiri who pulled out of the Carvalho deal due to money. People say he chose not to come but why would he send his passport if that was the case?

Until Moshiri spends I think we have every reason to be skeptical and unfortunately I put the loss to Norwich firmly at his door due to not buying a striker and yesterday for having no backup for Barry.

Mate it was that kopite Flannagan who signed off all his posts with TF made that up.

I remember believing it and being seething at the time lol

So Kenwright sold just over £20 mil of shares to fund a stadium?
Companies can release shares and buy back shares etc

They didn't have to be "his" shares. Most chairmen/CEOs of companies have very little equity in their companies. He basically replaced shareholders who wouldn't invest in a new stadium with one that will.

The moshiri pulled the plug rumour.

But judging by that he may have took his info from there. He was an utter WUM.
He was a WUM but that doesn't mean he was wrong.

The whole window it was a case of our deals stalling and dragging on due to money. That's why we failed to get our players.

Even Sissoko who we are probably lucky in the end that we didn't get said if Everton were willing to pay 30m earlier in the window then he would have signed.

Someone said it reminded them of Woodward's first window for Utd and let's hope that's the case and not because the money wasn't there.

Companies can release shares and buy back shares etc

They didn't have to be "his" shares. Most chairmen/CEOs of companies have very little equity in their companies. He basically replaced shareholders who wouldn't invest in a new stadium with one that will.
Sorry I have got no idea what you're suggesting.
Fact Earl sold 100% of his sharrs, Kenwright, Woods and Abercrombie sold about 53% of their holdings to Blue Heaven Holdings Ltd. Check it out if you want to buy a shareholder list.

Fact. Options are in place to buy more shares from BK, JW and AA. Check it out at IOM Companies Registry.

Fact. No new shares have been issued at EFC and no documentation to reduce share capital have been registered at Companies House as would be the norm.

If you're talking about an issue post takeover, that is totally differrent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back