Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

You have a point if he was investing via a loan, but I don't see why he would need to delay investing through equity if that was his intention, which it clearly isn't.

Well the transfer window opens in January, let's hope that his finger is on the pulse and he finally invests in the club once he finally finds a player he likes the look of.
I take a different view to @The Esk regarding the loan position - it is my contention that both the long term loan to the Pru Trustees and at least one amount owed to Rights and Media Funding are still outstanding. Now admittedly, I have as much evidence as the esk has made public on these debts and work purely on the basis that both Carroch Holdings,GPSL and EIL become redundant and could be easily wound up with repayment of the Pru Trustees loan.

One reason that was put forward for the 49.9% share take up by FH, was that a change in ownership may require a renegotiation or repayment of the Pru loan. This, if true, also acts as a bar to issuing new ordinary shares in the same class and with the same rights as the existing ones, as it potentially triggers the change of ownership clause. It is also a possible reason why at the 19th September, the charges and details of charges regarding share options were still undischarged at the IOM registry. Put simply, if a change of ownership clause exists it potentially immediately costs the club circa 20m + early repayment charges.

If investing via a loan I imagine it would not be interest free, but your earlier assertion that no new loans have been taken out may or may not be true. No new loan/ facility, call it what you will, except RMF has had a charge registered at Companies House, but this does not exclude the possibility of an unsecured loan. I'm pretty sure that there is something in Premier League rules that means that players registrations can't be used as security for loans (but I may be wrong), and as the main income streams and the stadium are already effectively used as security, there's not a great deal left to use as collateral.

So for what it's worth, my opinion is possible share issue after the options have been exercised plus loan for stadium from third party/(ies) with the possibility of a similar structure to the existing EIL/GPSL one.

Bit long and probably rambling, but it's what I do.;)

Obviously money can only be spent in January, but you would hope that he had started to invest in Everton before then. The fact that he failed to invest over the summer was pretty poor, and it's why we are unlikely to achieve anything this season.
You're without doubt one of the most boring gimps I've ever come across

Do not see how you lay any culpability at Moshiri's door. The club tried in the window but the potential signings did not come off.
I had a similar problem, when a house the missus wanted us to buy that was for sale for £175.00, fell through when the vendor rejected my offer of £97.000, spread over 50 years , as I was happy where we where, result ! At least the wife was content that we went for it :) , just glad she never knew anymore about , what offer I put in !

I had a similar problem, when a house the missus wanted us to buy that was for sale for £175.00, fell through when the vendor rejected my offer of £97.000, spread over 50 years , as I was happy where we where, result ! At least the wife was content that we went for it :) , just glad she never knew anymore about , what offer I put in !
Course you did.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back