Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
A lot of things have happened. We have a new manager. We have a Director of Football for the first time. We have four new players who are regular starters.

We're nowhere near where we want to be yet, but the idea that nothing has happened is just silly. We were never going to transform into a title winner overnight.
With Kenwright instead of Moshiri we would still have sacked the previous manager and been able to sell our brightest young footballer to buy the four new players.

Well he used his own money to effectively buy the club.

And why did he do that? I would guess, to improve the club, top to bottom, to ensure he has a return on his investment.

And he wont get that if he only sanctions spending TV money. Simply will not happen. The seismic improvement he requires that is.

His long term objectives are 100% alligned with ours.

Competitive side.

Commercial revenue.

Stadium.

Whose money he uses to square those circles is irrelevant.

So you're agreeing with me and saying that investment is required for us to progress, and that we won't be able to progress without investment. You clearly believe that this investment will be forthcoming, well I hope you are right otherwise it will just be more of the same. I really hope that he starts investing in January.

So you're agreeing with me and saying that investment is required for us to progress, and that we won't be able to progress without investment. You clearly believe that this investment will be forthcoming, well I hope you are right otherwise it will just be more of the same. I really hope that he starts investing in January.

Yes, I agree that investment is needed, who wouldnt?

What I dont agree with is the line that because he didnt hand his PIN number over to us he is in some way a fraud, or a BK lite.

He will invest, and/or facilitate investment, to drive the club into a greater position that will value his investment at a significant higher value than what he bought us for.

Again, and you dont seem to recognise this salient point. He sold a holding in Arsenal, to fund a purchase in Everton. His own money.

Why do you think he did that?

What I dont agree with is the line that because he didnt hand his PIN number over to us he is in some way a fraud, or a BK lite.

He will invest, and/or facilitate investment, to drive the club into a greater position that will value his investment at a significant higher value than what he bought us for.

Again, and you dont seem to recognise this salient point. He sold a holding in Arsenal, to fund a purchase in Everton. His own money.

We were clearly sold a lie regarding the Stones money. That's in our P&L this year. It's irrelevant in future years. We missed the boat for it being of any financial use.

As for more generally, if he was a decent owner, he wouldn't have left us with a glut of league 1 standard squad payers who are only an injury away from action. He promised much and delivered less than BK. And the outcome will be lots of days like today.

Havnt praised him. Just not clambered aboard the frankly hysterical POV that the bloke is a fraud and BK Lite.
I have never described him as a fraud. It's just that I haven't clambered aboard the bandwagon that believes Moshiri is the game-changer that we all hope he can be.
Judge a man by his deeds.

Robert Earle used his own money to buy shares in Everton but he contributed sweet FA to the club. I hope you are correct and that Moshiri does start investing in the club, but I find the lack of any investment thus far, along with the strategic purchase of just 49.9% of the shareholding to be a little bit concerning. I also hope that he starts investing in January, as I want the team to finish as high up in the league as possible, and am not particularly looking forward to another season of lagging behind in midtable.

I have never described him as a fraud. It's just that I haven't clambered aboard the bandwagon that believes Moshiri is the game-changer that we all hope he can be.
Judge a man by his deeds.

I did. He spent millions of his own money to make more by owning us. If that turns out to be a BK passive, sit back, sell to buy, then well done you.

I happen to think his ambition, contacts, and cash will prove to be slightly better than that. For us all.

Robert Earle used his own money to buy shares in Everton but he contributed sweet FA to the club. I hope you are correct and that Moshiri does start investing in the club, but I find the lack of any investment thus far, along with the strategic purchase of just 49.9% of the shareholding to be a little bit concerning. I also hope that he starts investing in January, as I want the team to finish as high up in the league as possible, and am not particularly looking forward to another season of lagging behind in midtable.

Just give them some acid ?

Agree, it was a huge disappointment that it couldnt be maxed out.

Posters better versed in the accounts and shiz will mention Chang/Kitbag being revamped soon iirc, so hopefully they will provide the boost to profit needed.

He's left us with an aging, small, lacking in strength in depth squad too tho. I just think with a little bit more investment we were shoes in for Europe under Koeman. As it is, we will suffer many days where our inconsistent, luxury types don't perform like today.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back