Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Why wouldn't he delay doing it? If he's going to put his own money into the club (which is the point, yes?), then he's going to be taking that money out of his investments. But the club doesn't have any sort of investment portfolio already set up waiting for it. So he'd be pulling it out of a portfolio where it's making him some annual rate of return and instead just have it sitting in Everton's checking account, not doing anyone any good. What's the point of doing that five months before that money can actually be spent?

OK fine. Let me know when he starts investing in Everton. Hopefully he doesn't bypass the January transfer window in the same way he bypassed the summer transfer window.

It's been confirmed by Zenit that we had a bid for Witsel accepted. The money was offered, but wasn't spent because he didn't sign. Not Moshiri's fault in the short term. In the long term, it's up to him to make our club as attractive as possible so these players want to sign for us

No mate not at all, if he would have come he would of been the Bolasie signing coz we knew Stones was going, the offer for Witsel was the Stones money and we wouldn't of signed Bolasie unless we sold somebody else, how much evidence do you need until you realize what's going on

Why wouldn't he delay doing it? If he's going to put his own money into the club (which is the point, yes?), then he's going to be taking that money out of his investments. But the club doesn't have any sort of investment portfolio already set up waiting for it. So he'd be pulling it out of a portfolio where it's making him some annual rate of return and instead just have it sitting in Everton's checking account, not doing anyone any good. What's the point of doing that five months before that money can actually be spent?
If you're referring to the January transfer window, then it's only just over 3 months away.
Besides, did he realise there was a transfer window in July and August?

OK fine. Let me know when he starts investing in Everton. Hopefully he doesn't bypass the January transfer window in the same way he bypassed the summer transfer window.
I'll be as upset as anyone if we don't sign anyone in January. I was as disappointed as anyone here on September 2nd, as well. I just don't see any reason to get upset at Moshiri about it, though.

Why do you think he sanctioned the sacking and pay off of Martinez? Why do you think he paid top dollar to secure Koeman and then Walsh? Both, remember, from clubs who had finished way above us, including winning the league.

Why did he then pursue, unsuccessfully as it turned out, several players who,lets face it, were not sitting at home eagerly waiting for us to call?

For fun and giggles?

Whether it was his own cash or the TV cash, or magic beans, it really doesnt matter. The de facto club owner sanctioned all that.

After spending millions OF HIS OWN money, to be able to make those decisions.

See the stadium thread for exciting titbits about that.

The source of the cash does matter. Employing the same strategy that we had under Kenwright will result in the same results. We need investment to progress, and we have yet to see any as of yet, despite there being a shed load of hype about it supposedly happening. Actual news on the supposed new stadium would be great, but on the field we can expect the status quo to remain if the absence of any investment is to continue .

I'll be as upset as anyone if we don't sign anyone in January. I was as disappointed as anyone here on September 2nd, as well. I just don't see any reason to get upset at Moshiri about it, though.

We need investment, spending club money will not be enough and will maintain the status quo.

People need to make their mind. Either you want a new shiny stadium on the Docks... or £30+mill transfer money. We can't have both. Furthermore Moshiri needs a few years before we can see the benefits.

No mate not at all, if he would have come he would of been the Bolasie signing coz we knew Stones was going, the offer for Witsel was the Stones money and we wouldn't of signed Bolasie unless we sold somebody else, how much evidence do you need until you realize what's going on

Ironic you asking me for evidence when you've just invented a load of stuff there

The source of the cash does matter.

Well he used his own money to effectively buy the club.

And why did he do that? I would guess, to improve the club, top to bottom, to ensure he has a return on his investment.

And he wont get that if he only sanctions spending TV money. Simply will not happen. The seismic improvement he requires that is.

His long term objectives are 100% alligned with ours.

Competitive side.

Commercial revenue.

Stadium.

Whose money he uses to square those circles is irrelevant.

It's just that Moshirir was lauded as the saviour of the club when he arrived. Since then, nothing has happened.
A lot of things have happened. We have a new manager. We have a Director of Football for the first time. We have four new players who are regular starters.

We're nowhere near where we want to be yet, but the idea that nothing has happened is just silly. We were never going to transform into a title winner overnight.

Well he used his own money to effectively buy the club.

And why did he do that? I would guess, to improve the club, top to bottom, to ensure he has a return on his investment.

And he wont get that if he only sanctions spending TV money. Simply will not happen. The seismic improvement he requires that is.

His long term objectives are 100% alligned with ours.

Competitive side.

Commercial revenue.

Stadium.

Whose money he uses to square those circles is irrelevant.
I certainly hope it is. It's just that there is zero evidence of any of it so far.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back