Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's been confirmed by Zenit that we had a bid for Witsel accepted. The money was offered, but wasn't spent because he didn't sign. Not Moshiri's fault in the short term. In the long term, it's up to him to make our club as attractive as possible so these players want to sign for us

I think the bid was confirmed before we spent 25 million on Bolasie. We are talking about club money anyway, not investment from Moshiri, which is what we will need if we want to progress.

Would he not need the other shareholders to allow him to invest through equity? I imagine they would be pretty miffed if he just started diluting their shareholding even though he doesn't own the club.

I just explained he would have to offer all other shareholders the same rights to acquire equity, thus there would be no dilution if those rights were taken up.

I'm worried because if the squad isn't good enough, why did Joe man come? He HAS to get the backing of the board and be allowed to complete this squad? Including a massive overhaul. Otherwise, I can see him getting frustrated very quickly.

I just explained he would have to offer all other shareholders the same rights to acquire equity, thus there would be no dilution if those rights were taken up.

And what if the shareholders refused his offer? Can he go ahead anyway and dilute their share holdings?

And what if the shareholders refused his offer? Can he go ahead anyway and dilute their share holdings?

If shareholders agreed to a new issue of shares all shareholders would have the right to take them up. If you don't exercise that right as a shareholder then you reduce the % of shares you own in the company once the new shares are issued.

If shareholders agreed to a new issue of shares all shareholders would have the right to take them up. If you don't exercise that right as a shareholder then you reduce the % of shares you own in the company once the new shares are issued.

So he can't invest through equity whenever he wants to, he would need the shareholders to agree to a new issue of shares.

So he can't invest through equity whenever he wants to, he would need the shareholders to agree to a new issue of shares.

He would need 50% plus 1 share so shareholders representing 17,501 shares to agree. As he owns 17,465 finding shareholders owning 36 shares would not be an issue.

He would need 50% plus 1 share so shareholders representing 17,501 shares to agree. As he owns 17,465 finding shareholders owning 36 shares would not be an issue.

That's the point though, he could easily obtain enough shares to allow him to invest through equity, but he has strategically decided not to do so. At present, he cannot invest through equity without other shareholders agreeing to a new share issue.

Please. We were priced out of a number of deals, Brahimi, Carvalho etc. The idea that Everton were unable to spend any money because nobody was available is preposterous. Other clubs didn't seem to have a problem in spending money.
What evidence do you have that we were priced out of those deals, though? I haven't seen anyone involved in any of the negotiations say that they fell through because of the price. I have, on the other hand, seen multiple players have bids accepted and either decide not to move or sign somewhere else. That might be because of a few thousand pounds' worth of wages, possibly, but it seems more likely that those players just didn't want to sign with a team that had finished in the bottom half of the table two seasons in a row.

Again, we can only spend as much as are willing to come here

We aren't offering enough to attract the top players, both with transfer fees and wages. I read that Troy Deeney is on 100k a week at Watford the other day, what's our highest earner on? I'm not sure it is 100k, and it's certainly not the circa 130k that is required to get the top players to Everton. I was hoping that the supposed investment from Moshiri would have helped us with that, but he is yet to invest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back