Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Things are still ok. I'm looking forward massively to the stadium announcement and if Moshiri gets that done he will have legendary status in my book for that.

Today just brings home though the immense frustration that we did not half do good enough with strengthening the squad. I can't accept Koeman was or is happy with that outcome. The difference another 3 or 4 players would have made today, or in other games to come, and we didnt get them.

The lack of public comment by the club by way of giving us some degree of reassurance that the ambition remains in place to strengthen the squad and to do better on that front remains a concern. They never seem to have anything at all to say these days and it's if as they don't dare say anything which might raise expectations.

Nothing wrong with that I suppose. As long as he does the job.

My point is on the squad side of things: there wont be two financial fronts opening up here for us. We get one and not the other. That's the reality.

Indeed. He's a businessman. People romanticise chairmen as being benevolent and so on (Blue Bill, Boys Pen etc.) but ultimately barring the super rich treating them as toys, they're in it for money and profile.

What's he gonna do before January? Buy more weights for the boys to strengthen?

Well, I was hoping that he might actually provide Everton with some investment, but seeing as has yet to do so, this may be unlikely. We will need investment if we want to avoid another midtable finish.

Indeed. He's a businessman. People romanticise chairmen as being benevolent and so on (Blue Bill, Boys Pen etc.) but ultimately barring the super rich treating them as toys, they're in it for money and profile.
If this is the case, why are you getting so hot under the collar about it?

Business man owns company, wants to turn a profit.

Shock horror.

BTW I'm not saying I agree with you.

What can we actually spend money on before January, though?

Obviously money can only be spent in January, but you would hope that he had started to invest in Everton before then. The fact that he failed to invest over the summer was pretty poor, and it's why we are unlikely to achieve anything this season.

Obviously money can only be spent in January, but you would hope that he had started to invest in Everton before then. The fact that he failed to invest over the summer was pretty poor, and it's why we are unlikely to achieve anything this season.
We don't know that he failed to invest, though. By all accounts, he made a fair chunk of money available and we just couldn't close the deal on any of our targets. I don't know how much money was made available, mind, and it certainly seems doubtful that it was the full £100 million that people kept talking about, but I don't think you can put down our failures in the transfer market to Moshiri not making money available.

We don't know that he failed to invest, though. By all accounts, he made a fair chunk of money available and we just couldn't close the deal on any of our targets. I don't know how much money was made available, mind, and it certainly seems doubtful that it was the full £100 million that people kept talking about, but I don't think you can put down our failures in the transfer market to Moshiri not making money available.

He can only invest via loans because he can't invest via equity and he won't be giving us money for free. We haven't taken out any new loans, so he has yet to invest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back