Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Why not? The vision was trumpeted in May/June. What went wrong? Who was to blame? All questions that need debating. It wasn't the manager to blame, that's for sure.
I think it needs to be understood that it's very difficult to attract them type of players these days, having a project just isn't enough

I think this is one of the poorest posts I've seen you write Dave.

If the objective was not make loss on his investment he'd never have sold his Arsenal shares to make a much more speculative investment in Everton, a club financially inferior to Arsenal in every way.

He bought into Everton as a growth opportunity but he knew as a result of 18 months of due diligence the investment required to bring that about.

I don't understand the logic of your comment at all.
It's perfectly logical: if/when a new stadium is built here he'll rake in from a sale of the club easily over and above what he would have lost as a large minority shareholder at Arsenal.

It's a deferred pay day.

As said, I dont believe it's his motivation. I think he wants profile first and foremost. But he's not going to lose a single penny from his involvement with us.

I think this is one of the poorest posts I've seen you write Dave.

If the objective was not make loss on his investment he'd never have sold his Arsenal shares to make a much more speculative investment in Everton, a club financially inferior to Arsenal in every way.

He bought into Everton as a growth opportunity but he knew as a result of 18 months of due diligence the investment required to bring that about.

I don't understand the logic of your comment at all.

What investment? Where?

Why? Do you think Koeman wanted to spend a negative net spend this summer? Buck stops with the head man when windows dont come off....and results like today hammer home why it was so poor.
With a director of football in place Koeman doesn't have much say on the amount of money we're spending.

If we'd gone and put a £30m bid for Sissoko on the last day there was clearly more money than we spent that was available.

It's perfectly logical: if/when a new stadium is built here he'll rake in from a sale of the club easily over and above what he would have lost as a large minority shareholder at Arsenal.

It's a deferred pay day.

As said, I dont believe it's his motivation. I think he wants profile first and foremost. But he's not going to lose a single penny from his involvement with us.

That's the key. As his Jim White texts have shown, the man is an egotist and wanted to run a show instead of being behind the scenes at Arsenal. But not by risking money to do so.

That's the key. As his Jim White texts have shown, the man is an egotist and wanted to run a show instead of being behind the scenes at Arsenal. But not by risking money to do so.
Nothing wrong with that I suppose. As long as he does the job.

My point is on the squad side of things: there wont be two financial fronts opening up here for us. We get one and not the other. That's the reality.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back