Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's the point though, he could easily obtain enough shares to allow him to invest through equity, but he has strategically decided not to do so. At present, he cannot invest through equity without other shareholders agreeing to a new share issue.
But doing that before you actually have anything to spend the money on doesn't make any sense. He's not going to take out a loan or float new shares just so he can make a giant pile of pound notes in the middle of Finch Farm, is he?

We aren't offering enough to attract the top players, both with transfer fees and wages. I read that Troy Deeney is on 100k a week at Watford the other day, what's our highest earner on? I'm not sure it is 100k, and it's certainly not the circa 130k that is required to get the top players to Everton. I was hoping that the supposed investment from Moshiri would have helped us with that, but he is yet to invest.

Maybe we aren't offering enough wages, but we can't just throw our wage structure out the window overnight ala QPR a few years ago. Again, that's a long term thing for Moshiri to sort out, get more money flowing into the club so we can pay more out

Maybe we aren't offering enough wages, but we can't just throw our wage structure out the window overnight ala QPR a few years ago. Again, that's a long term thing for Moshiri to sort out, get more money flowing into the club so we can pay more out
Moshiri to date has not invested a penny in the club.
I really don't understand what his motives are, maybe because he has never made a public statement after his initial programme notes several months ago.

But doing that before you actually have anything to spend the money on doesn't make any sense. He's not going to take out a loan or float new shares just so he can make a giant pile of pound notes in the middle of Finch Farm, is he?

You have a point if he was investing via a loan, but I don't see why he would need to delay investing through equity if that was his intention, which it clearly isn't.

Well the transfer window opens in January, let's hope that his finger is on the pulse and he finally invests in the club once he finally finds a player he likes the look of.

Moshiri to date has not invested a penny in the club.
I really don't understand what his motives are, maybe because he has never made a public statement after his initial programme notes several months ago.

You've ignored the money spent to sack Martinez and the compensation we had to pay Southampton for Koeman and his staff.

Fair enough, if we're strictly talking player spending then yes we've only spent what we've received, but give him a chance ffs. He's been here for a single transfer window, we were never going to transform overnight

Keeping our wage structure will ensure that the status quo remains. If there is no investment from Moshiri, then we will be implementing the same very long term plan that we had under Kenwright. We need investment if we want to progress.

Keeping our wage structure will ensure that the status quo remains. If there is no investment from Moshiri, then we will be implementing the same very long term plan that we had under Kenwright. We need investment if we want to progress.

But that's a longer term thing and I'd imagine plans are very much in place to change it. A bit of patience old chum

200w.gif

You have a point if he was investing via a loan, but I don't see why he would need to delay investing through equity if that was his intention, which it clearly isn't.

Well the transfer window opens in January, let's hope that his finger is on the pulse and he finally invests in the club once he finally finds a player he likes the look of.
Why wouldn't he delay doing it? If he's going to put his own money into the club (which is the point, yes?), then he's going to be taking that money out of his investments. But the club doesn't have any sort of investment portfolio already set up waiting for it. So he'd be pulling it out of a portfolio where it's making him some annual rate of return and instead just have it sitting in Everton's checking account, not doing anyone any good. What's the point of doing that five months before that money can actually be spent?

Why do you think he sanctioned the sacking and pay off of Martinez? Why do you think he paid top dollar to secure Koeman and then Walsh? Both, remember, from clubs who had finished way above us, including winning the league.

Why did he then pursue, unsuccessfully as it turned out, several players who,lets face it, were not sitting at home eagerly waiting for us to call?

For fun and giggles?

Whether it was his own cash or the TV cash, or magic beans, it really doesnt matter. The de facto club owner sanctioned all that.

After spending millions OF HIS OWN money, to be able to make those decisions.

See the stadium thread for exciting titbits about that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back