Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We have had quotes from several agents and players saying that Everton offered big money but either the club decided not to sell or that a player didn't want to come for whatever reason. We can't make them.

I believe it was a learning curve for everyone on involved and us (we can't just go out and buy/attract big names).

I believe the money is there to invest we just missed the boat on this occasion.

Abramovich bought Chelsea , they won the league five minutes later . Mansour bought Man City, they won the league four minutes later . Why havent WE won t it yet ffs .

That seems to be the mindset of some people on here

It's absolutely not that we haven't won the league. It's the fact that we don't have ambitions to win the league that grates me. The owners are just content they are on the premier league gravy train.

Abramovich bought Chelsea , they won the league five minutes later . Mansour bought Man City, they won the league four minutes later . Why havent WE won t it yet ffs .

That seems to be the mindset of some people on here
But take a look at this thread before the summer window reality set in: it's full of posts stating that Moshiri would be a game changer.

I think rather than wanting the PL in the bag the people you refer to are holding that claim up to scrutiny now in light of a bit of experience.

It's absolutely not that we haven't won the league. It's the fact that we don't have ambitions to win the league that grates me. The owners are just content they are on the premier league gravy train.
Our owners don't have the same money. It's not that type of takeover. We haven't won the league in 30 years, why would the relative peanuts invested change that?

The calibre of player we tried to get this summer are of a better standard than normal , for Everton recently . Of course , the doom-mongers on here will claim they were phantom bids . But going for that level pf player shows ambition , surely .

But take a look at this thread before the summer window reality set in: it's full of posts stating that Moshiri would be a game changer.

I think rather than wanting the PL in the bag the people you refer to are holding that claim up to scrutiny now in light of a bit of experience.

I didnt think he would change the football status quo in an instant . It will take time . But Everton , like most clubs , have fans who arent prepared to wait and get above themselves . West Ham springs to mind .

there's recent quotes from the Algerian footballer Rachid Ghezzal stating that the bid was accepted, but he opted to stay at Lyon because of champions league football. That seems to be the theme with many of our failed bids. I know with the numerous years of inept and shady operations it's easy to be dubious of Mosh. I'll concede that i was deflated by the last window but i'm willing to exert a little more patience for at least another window before I scrutinize further.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back