Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He's not what we thought that's for sure

I don't see him spending big at any point, Barkley and Lukaku will fund our next 2-3 summer windows

The stadium plans are pie in the sky, We don't have he money of the people to pull off a major project, Just look at the state of the cladding job on Goodison

People should have worried the min we begged LCC for money to tart FF up
You are showing yourself up tbh...

My biggest fear was that we would be just another investment, the fella has many fingers in many pies and my fear was always that he wouldnt be hands on and would "trust" in certain people to take his investment forward. In the Summer these fears were realised IMO, he watched as we stumbled from failure to failure and we are left with a squad lacking in any depth.

His investment didnt take a hit, infact it probably increased without him doing a single thing, the club paid the old manager off, the club paid for the new manager and the club paid for the new DoF, John Stones paid for a our transfer dealings, thanks for that Mr Moyes. So, as far as first impressions go he would have been better getting his penis out in the GSE and waving it around, thats the lack of impression hes made on me.

But you know, to use a line from a certain square headed weapon, we go again, lets see what the fella does, lets see if he soothes my fears, im sure he doesnt care, but im watching you Venkyboy.
Moshiri was absolutely raging after the transfer window..

Hasn't esk already covered this?, re the stadium issue being part of the due diligence? but of course you wont believe that will you

Mate give over brown-nosing the Esk, you aren't being elevated in his reflected light.

@The Esk articles are speculation - informed from experience I'll give you - but to just ignore the actual facts and track record to date is badly cultish and a bit embarrassing.

The stadium designs were being consulted on prior to Moshiri. This is a fact. He's not sped it up.

We bought and sold for a net profit and made one big money signing. Also fact.

There is no confirmation as of this morning that we have bought the land at the Docks. Facterino

Nearly a month ago, and he's still here.

Not like he had a cracking track record before that to shore up his position either.

To be fair it's very difficult to performance manage any member of staff out, let alone a very senior one. If he wants to get rid of him it will deffo take longer than a month. poor performance isn't sackable and Elstone has full employment rights.

To be fair it's very difficult to performance manage any member of staff out, let alone a very senior one. If he wants to get rid of him it will deffo take longer than a month. poor performance isn't sackable and Elstone has full employment rights.

As mentioned mate, Elstone has a back catalogue of massive failure. Indeed, I think he'd struggle to point to anything he'd achieved that wasn't linked to TV rights deals... and we've signed those away at horrible rates too.

Would be a fairly straightforward process... apart from the fact he is very much that Chair's man and we'll in with at least two other board members.

As mentioned mate, Elstone has a back catalogue of massive failure. Indeed, I think he'd struggle to point to anything he'd achieved that wasn't linked to TV rights deals... and we've signed those away at horrible rates too.

Would be a fairly straightforward process... apart from the fact he is very much that Chair's man and we'll in with at least two other board members.
You understand employment law?

I was under the impression there was some sort of agreement in place for this to happen - maybe a time frame was included in this?

From my experience, any share options I've come across have a time limit within which you must exercise. Ie you can do so at any time within the set frame.

I've never seen an example where you can only exercise after a certain time expires. There are tax advantages of waiting to exercise at certain times i admit, but they dont appear likely to be of any impact to a man like Moshiri.

Commercially I don't get it. And from a tax perspective I don't get it. It's presumably some kind of informal verbal agreement, something BK no doubt insisted on. It's certainly not benefitting the club.

From my experience, any share options I've come across have a time limit within which you must exercise. Ie you can do so at any time within the set frame.

I've never seen an example where you can only exercise after a certain time expires. There are tax advantages of waiting to exercise at certain times i admit, but they dont appear likely to be of any impact to a man like Moshiri.

Commercially I don't get it. And from a tax perspective I don't get it. It's presumably some kind of informal verbal agreement, something BK no doubt insisted on. It's certainly not benefitting the club.
The extra shares are waiting for Usmanov...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back