Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Ha ha ha.

He had the birth certificate of the club. How ca someone else own that?!...and then sell it back to their ancestors?? It beggars belief.. The official libe is that we should all be on our hands and knees thanking him that he kept the ledgers together. Sorry, my only question if I were the club would be "Aye, where the effin hell did you get them?!"

:eek::eek:

It's a fair point about the original ownership belonging to the club, but the flip side is that the club itself did nothing to protect it's own assets and heritage. I can't comment on what happened at the end of the Johnson era as I was seldom around Goodison at that time.

Dr France should be praised by all Evertonians, in my mind at least, for his initiative in gathering the collection together. It's a unique social history spanning nearly 140 years which has incalculable value not only to Everton and supporters but in the wider context of the City of Liverpool and the game of football.

Of course his work with former players and the FPF is exemplary, and this is truly indicative of his character rather than suggestions he or others misappropriated club assets.
I was mate. And I was told by people in there (people steeped in the Littlewoods tradition) stories that would make your blood boil.

I'm not against France being remunerated, but anything over and above that is not right, imo.

It was a strange episode regarding those ledgers and I dont think people have thought it through properly and prefer to take a very laissez faire attitude to it all. Maybe it's because he's a posh boy.

Ha ha ha.

He had the birth certificate of the club. How ca someone else own that?!...and then sell it back to their ancestors?? It beggars belief.. The official libe is that we should all be on our hands and knees thanking him that he kept the ledgers together. Sorry, my only question if I were the club would be "Aye, where the effin hell did you get them?!"

You really are the most cynical, miserable and downright pompous fool I've ever read. Victor Meldrew couldn't hold a candle to you.

Ha ha ha.

Good question. However, my question would be, if these things where that important to the club, then why did the club not go out of their way to acquire or preserve these sort of things themselves?

Good question. However, my question would be, if these things where that important to the club, then why did the club not go out of their way to acquire or preserve these sort of things themselves?
I suppose they were too busy at the time turfing that limpet Johnson off the hull of the good ship SS Everton. Only when they achieved that did they have the time to notice they were missing. That's my guess.

I've spoken to him. He's posh to me...which might tell you more about me than him, tbf.

Haha - I've met him a few times, I just thought he was a very bright guy, driven and successful who also happens to love Everton, and through his commercial success has the means to put his plans in action. Nothing to dislike there in my opinion.

Haha - I've met him a few times, I just thought he was a very bright guy, driven and successful who also happens to love Everton, and through his commercial success has the means to put his plans in action. Nothing to dislike there in my opinion.
His Evertonian credentials are beyond doubt.

I'm probably being awkward, it's just that it's always been something that struck me as being very odd about the whole Collection thing - or part of the Collection, that is. The legitimacy of the claim to them are very certain for me.

I take it seriously. They are the Book of Kells and the Bayeux Tapestry of Everton. Cash changing hands for them is sacrilege.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back