Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I watched it with the sound right down...it was still too loud.

Beyond three people slapping each other on the back I didn't hear anything of interest - unless you're referring to the guest in question saying big things are about to happen and being able to reach those in control therefore will be a thing of the past...like it was ever a reality anyway.

Nope, sorry. That feller knows about as much as you or I.

:rant::rant::rant:

I know it doesnt fit my agenda(giggle), but I suggest everybody gives this a watch, the link in terms of relevance to this thread is around 30minutes in, look at how glowing the boy France is about the direction the club is going in.

Started from 30min...nothing very exciting innit...what part did you mean mate?

And I cant see the reason for the canonisation of France either, tbh. How can he 'own' Everton's own historical documents and then sell them? I have never been able to understand how he gets plaudits for that

Did he not purchase smaller collections from other collectors and through auctions, paying for items with his own personal funds?

Did he not purchase smaller collections from other collectors and through auctions, paying for items with his own personal funds?
He did. But I'd like to know where mostly club property was being bought from. I know he came out about the ledgers once saying they were discovered on a skip by someone and he bought them, but it's strictly for the birds.

The last days of the Johnson era were like the last days before the sacking of Rome by the barbarians. I think we can all guess what's happened there.

My overall point though is that the club were always the legitimate owners and it didn't matter that they were sold on and to whom and by whom. That's their identity and their DNA and it's theirs to own. If I can put it in these terms: it's as if a house was emptied of property and the contents sold to a third party who then knocks on the door and asks the owners if they want to buy their own gear back.

He did. But I'd like to know where mostly club property was being bought from. I know he came out about the ledgers once saying they were discovered on a skip by someone and he bought them, but it's strictly for the birds.

The last days of the Johnson era were like the last days before the sacking of Rome by the barbarians. I think we can all guess what's happened there.

My overall point though is that the club were always the legitimate owners and it didn't matter that they were sold on and to whom and by whom. That's their identity and their DNA and it's theirs to own. If I can put it in these terms: it's as if a house was emptied of property and the contents sold to a third party who then knocks on the door and asks the owners if they want to buy their own gear back.

Poppycock David, most of the stuff he bought wasnt Club property, it was programmes, ticket stubs from fans all over the world, medals from ex-players, dont come at the boy France, hes worth 20 of you.

It's a fair point about the original ownership belonging to the club, but the flip side is that the club itself did nothing to protect it's own assets and heritage. I can't comment on what happened at the end of the Johnson era as I was seldom around Goodison at that time.

Dr France should be praised by all Evertonians, in my mind at least, for his initiative in gathering the collection together. It's a unique social history spanning nearly 140 years which has incalculable value not only to Everton and supporters but in the wider context of the City of Liverpool and the game of football.

Of course his work with former players and the FPF is exemplary, and this is truly indicative of his character rather than suggestions he or others misappropriated club assets.

Poppycock David, most of the stuff he bought wasnt Club property, it was programmes, ticket stubs from fans all over the world, medals from ex-players, dont come at the boy France, hes worth 20 of you.
Ha ha ha.

He had the birth certificate of the club. How can someone else own that?!...and then sell it back to their ancestors?? It beggars belief.. The official line is that we should all be on our hands and knees thanking him that he kept the ledgers together. Sorry, my only question if I were the club would be "Aye, where the effin hell did you get them?!"

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back