Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Calm down lads yes he's a billionaire but he's nowhere near wealthy enough to have us winning titles. Also buying 49.9% means he's less likely to bankroll us when he doesn't even technically own half of the club's shares. If he continues buying and/or brings a partner in great but tbh right now it just seems like a wealthier Robert Earle scenario, with Bill still at the helm and Woods also at the club.

image.webp

Calm down lads yes he's a billionaire but he's nowhere near wealthy enough to have us winning titles. Also buying 49.9% means he's less likely to bankroll us when he doesn't even technically own half of the club's shares. If he continues buying and/or brings a partner in great but tbh right now it just seems like a wealthier Robert Earle scenario, with Bill still at the helm and Woods also at the club.

You've just peed on my fire mate. Thanx

"Bill at the helm"

Not really. He might be chairman still, but (in all likelihood) now owns NO shares.

Its what i have wanted for years.

Im excited mate.

Huge statement to the players. Offer what you want for our boss talent. They are not for sale anymore.

Christ, i may even buy a lukaku named shirt now and get a few years use out of it ?
Believe me mate, I really want to be excited by this. I just have this horrible feeling that it won't turn out to be all it's cracked up to be. It's not like we haven't had extremely rich people on the board / as shareholders in recent years is it, I just hope like everyone else on this forum that some real investment is made in the playing staff / stadium and it really kicks us on. I'm just too used to drinking bleach mate!

To be honest, long term I think he is a conduit for Usmanov to buy the club as he will make one last run at Kroenke and should that fail, he'll sell up and buy in here.

cant believe he's not a trillionaire

good news this.

What about our debt and and new stadium?

That's at least another 300m Mr Moshiri.

And Iranian with a Japanese surname.

Are we going to have a nuclear power Goodison park serving sashimi caught off the coast of Fukushima at half time?

....interesting point is that the Chairman says they have been talking for 18 months yet the USA consortium was in the driving seat. The reality appears to be that only those centrally involved were ITK but I might have that wrong.

Thanks for any info. My guess and could be way off base is that there is an agreement in place to purchase the other majority shareholder after a transitional period. Possibly even funds and shares placed in a trust with a first option of purchase after x period of time. It has happened a couple of times in the states with sports teams.

My question is this, what is to stop him from just finding a minority shareholder some place and purchasing enough shares to put him over 50%? I wouldn't be upset at it mind you. But is there something legally that would prevent him from say finding 100 shares (or whatever the number is to put him at 50.1%) and paying a premium on those and having essentially full control?

He's almost certainly got an undertaking from Woods and others to keep him in control - no legal reason for stopping at 49.9%. As you say this will change when further investment and major decisions such as the stadium are made.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back