Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think it's very low key and unspectacular. We are using existing/traditional revenue sources such as player sales and extra tv revenues to finance our spending and the present stadium saga could have taken place under Kenwright and we'd have all just rolled our eyes and moved on, dismissing it as another barmy pie in the sky flight of fancy.

He could well pull things together. I'm not concluding anything about his time here. I'm merely stating that, to this point, we have seen very little of substance, though many seem to think we've been blessed to have him here and we've made a dramatic leap. We haven't.

Yeah, and it's a fair claim. But as said, it isn't a substantial move until it becomes a material reality (a stadium, that is).

In fairness, there is a lot to building a stadium, Rome wasn't built in a day mate, our stadium won't be either.

Dont call a loan an investment. It's not.

investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
noun

the action or process of investing money for profit.

loan
ləʊn/
noun

a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back.

Haha keep digging Dave - you use arrogant sarcasm to try to ridicule others and you're way off beam.

£78m to buy out Kenwright et al and become a SHAREHOLDER = Investment

£80m to repay existing borrowing and reduce interest burden to nil = loan

Add them together and then see what you've got...

Haha keep digging Dave - you use arrogant sarcasm to try to ridicule others and you're way off beam.

£78m to buy out Kenwright et al and become a SHAREHOLDER = Investment

£80m to repay existing borrowing and reduce interest burden to nil = loan

Add them together and then see what you've got...
I did. And it adds up to no losses for him.

He'll get that money spent for shares and loans (and more) on a sale.

Dont accept the spin. He's done nothing but oversee the spending of player sales and tv revenue.

I did. And it adds up to no losses for him.

He'll get that money spent for shares and loans (and more) on a sale.

Dont accept the spin. He's done nothing but oversee the spending of player sales and tv revenue.

You're banging on that he's made no investment. I'm just stating that you're wrong - he has. He has laid out money in the form of investment and loan. The loan also includes reparations to pay off Martinez and to buy out Koeman's contract at Soton. In spite of any other financial claim you care to make on the Moshiri issue Dave, you simply cannot claim as you do that he hasn't invested a bean.

Why does it have to mean a loss for him? You want him to bleed to prove he means it? No-one in their right mind would invest on that basis.

Investment always carries risk. Of course he could lose it because you just don't know what's around the corner. If football club ownership was such a one way winning streak, why doesn't everyone do it?

Btw fwiw, I believe that Moshiri thinks he has made a good investment and that he will ultimately see a good return on it. But he will need to either invest significantly more - or attract other significant investment - to do so.

But of course he hasn't yet, so you're absolutely spot on aren't you...

If the announcement is paired with the new ground announcement, and it's made clear the sponsor is providing a major chunk of the construction cost, it'll go down fine I think.

Would have to be very heavily sweetened. I know it would still be "Goodison" to everyone, but it'd be major.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back