Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Invested my arse. That is a loan.

Why would anyone just give away 80mil of their own money? He isn't a billionaire because he just throws money at everything.

He has paid off our debts with an interest free loan with no repayment date. Firstly, it protects his investment should he later sell the club on. He can then claim his 80mil back from the new owners - this is the unlikely scenario. More likely is that once the club is on a better financial footing - better commercial revenues, new stadium, Champions league football, high levels of turnover - he could take back his investment and the club becomes self funding without any liabilities.

I am an Evertonian and even I wouldn't just give 80million of my cash away - if I had that much

Honestly when was the last time you decided "you know what, today I won't WUM"? Don't remember you being a sensible poster for at least the last year or so, which is quite sad, as you used to be a nice guy.
You know what he does. You all know what he does. Yet despite this you all dance to his tunes wherever that may be.
Feed the troll and he will bore.

An interest free loan with no repayment date, otherwise known as investing cash into your business ffs.

Did he have to do that?

Did Kenwright and Co ever do anything similar?

In fact has anyone ever invested a sum even remotely comparable in like for like terms in the history of the club?

Yet an internet know it all like you labels the bloke a 'snake charmer', disgusting that.
Dont call a loan an investment. It's not.

investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
noun

the action or process of investing money for profit.

loan
ləʊn/
noun

a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back.

investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
noun

loan
ləʊn/
noun

a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back.

Fair enough.

He has used his financial position to refinance Everton in such a way that saves us real money in interest payments, and improves the accounts we can produce by not having to include said loan in/on them cos there is no longer a fixed repayment date.

Ish.

That better?

investment
ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
noun

loan
ləʊn/
noun

What is a purchase of a bond then? Or issuing of preference shares? They are investments and are repaid back.

Your definition by the dictionary is poor dave.

What is a purchase of a bond then? Or issuing of preference shares? They are investments and are repaid back.

Your definition by the dictionary is poor dave.

Been a few years out of this game, but doesnt the issuing of bonds equate to debt on the company/Government that issues them, and the folk who buy them are investing in said debt in return for a regular income? Similar but not quite the same for prefs?

Why would anyone just give away 80mil of their own money? He isn't a billionaire because he just throws money at everything.

He has paid off our debts with an interest free loan with no repayment date. Firstly, it protects his investment should he later sell the club on. He can then claim his 80mil back from the new owners - this is the unlikely scenario. More likely is that once the club is on a better financial footing - better commercial revenues, new stadium, Champions league football, high levels of turnover - he could take back his investment and the club becomes self funding without any liabilities.

I am an Evertonian and even I wouldn't just give 80million of my cash away - if I had that much
Exactly, it's a loan not an investment which will be paid back. However, that seems the only factor put forward in terms of an explanation when someone asks the not unreasonable question about what substantially this feller has achieved that would elevate him to any sort of status?

Fair enough.

He has used his financial position to refinance Everton in such a way that saves us real money in interest payments, and improves the accounts we can produce by not having to include said loan in/on them cos there is no longer a fixed repayment date.

Ish.

That better?
If someone had said" "look, the loan will be paid back, but it has the benefit - the ONLY benefit really - of aiding a future stadium move if the opportunity arrives" then I'd accept that without hesitation.

But in and of itself that ^^^ is not substantial either. A stadium scheme first has to be put in place and planning permission accepted for it to transform into substance.

Exactly, it's a loan not an investment which will be paid back. However, that seems the only factor put forward in terms of an explanation when someone asks the not unreasonable question about what substantially this feller has achieved that would elevate him to any sort of status?

I am quite happy with the direction he seems to be taking us. I like the way he seems to have a plan, the ambition, and access to his cash, and I presume like minded folk he has bumped into during his 30 odd years in a successful career.

What accounting tricks he pulls to improve our finances I couldnt really care less about.

Have we got a shiny new ground all ready? Nope.

Have we got a realistic hope that we might? Yep.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back