Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Ashley Cole left because Arsenal offered him a load less than Chelsea.

If Arsenal had not had to worry about finances, they probably would/could have offered him parity and his departure was not certain.

Ross may or may not just want out, and if he does the question becomes why does he want out, what makes him feel he can be more successful elsewhere while we're being told that success and riches are just around the corner.

I'm personally of the belief that we're not offering him the money he wants. If that's because we don't rate him, fine.

I'm mostly uncomfortable with the militant positivity that has appeared. You're a WUM for questioning Moshiri, even though we spent the Stones money and that's about all. He's clearly done a lot behind the scenes that we should appreciate regardless of the underlying motive, but I'm not ready to anoint him savior quite yet.

So we've only spent £47m? I'm sorry but moshiri has done more in 12 months than we've had in 12 years. The club has no debt, we're a stones throw away from a new stadium and the club is increasing commercial revenue massively.

The building of us on the pitch will be the biggest project because that takes time and that will involve people coming and going.

And the only WUMMING is from people who say he's a fraud and the club is riddled with failure

The thing is Ian people have sort of seen this before.

Sorry for channelling the Damo here but when Lerner first joined Villa he bought into loads of fan projects, rebuilt a famous mural and countenanced a huge spend on (ultimately tosh) players. That's all gone boobs up.

It's a positive that we are moving in the right direction but the stadium plans and solid summer spending will win the vast majority of remaining sceptics over .

He's not helped by the social media hype machine - more on that to come I think
None of the examples you've used had any prior knowledge of being involved with a premier league club in modern football. Moshiri did, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into.

I think, when you look at some of those clubs, amongst others that we are coming across spoilt brats.

It's been 13 months.

He's paid off the debt, Made huge leaps forward on the stadium, put a new dress on the old lady, we were the highest spenders in Jan, he explained the FFP issues for last Summer (if people don't believe him then there's nothing I can do) he binned one of our worst ever managers and forked out huge sums to do so, he repeated the trick in getting Koeman/Walsh.

I'm not saying he is 100% the man, I've said from day one, with what I consider to be a level headed, sensible non cry arse approach that this Summer is key to how we look at Moshiri.

I just think he deserves a chance, at least until September 1st. If he fails, like you say the knives will be out for him, if he succeeds it'll taste all the more sweeter to those who showed a modicum of patience.

I wouldn't sell Lukaku this Summer. And then expect to net spend 100m if we are serious on quality additions.
That's fair. If there is any truth and just half of the links he'll have no problem hitting that. Keane and VVD plus a token fee for Rooney, but it's not FIFA and we won't be the only clubs in for them.

Going to be a really interesting summer. With a lot of threads ruined on here no doubt.

So we've only spent £47m? I'm sorry but moshiri has done more in 12 months than we've had in 12 years. The club has no debt, we're a stones throw away from a new stadium and the club is increasing commercial revenue massively.

The building of us on the pitch will be the biggest project because that takes time and that will involve people coming and going.

And the only WUMMING is from people who say he's a fraud and the club is riddled with failure
Christ. I don't care about club debt?

Like I realize the value of what he did. Hence me saying we should all be appreciative of that side of it.

On the flip side - this summer we brought in Gueye, Williams, and Bolasie (that matter...maybe DCL will get there too). Williams is fine, Bolasie is fine. Gueye is brilliant. But it's not like he splashed the cash. We also sold John Stones

In January - Schneiderlin and Lookman. One is for the future. Schneiderlin is good.

And we've cleared a lot of crap. I'm not saying he's been bad. I'm saying he's not been the obscene sugar daddy that people are acting like he is. He seems to be approaching us as a business investment - which can be brilliant, assuming things go to plan. But this is not a City situation, or a Chelsea situation. And there is every possibility from where I am, which is a pure observer, that we're all getting a bit too excited for....firing Martinez, paying off the debt, and starting up, yet another, stadium push.

Off the pitch is awesome, and I really have no complaints. But I don't care if Everton are the most lucrative business around. Our profit is meaningless to me beyond it's affect on the pitch. And on the pitch we've had a lot of swings and misses, a couple buys for the future, an unearthed gem (Gueye) and ONE major signing - who can easily be seen as a United reject in the vein of Saha, Howard, or Gibson (though short term results suggest he's better).

It is going to be a long and arduous process to overcome all that, and I'm happy to be patient with it. However, until it actually happens? Reserving judgement.

Wrong, just plain wrong.

One is a WUM when every single post is laced with utterly ridiculous assertions and implications, designed to do nothing more than get a rise out of other posters.

They waste their own time, and ours. And are so predictable, it isnt true.
Whilst I accept that things can often seem this way, and of course we do have our fair share of wums, people get absolutely piled on for suggesting a little bit of reluctance for declaring this Everton a certain new dawn in which everything is days of wine and roses.

Like I realize the value of what he did. Hence me saying we should all be appreciative of that side of it.

On the flip side - this summer we brought in Gueye, Williams, and Bolasie (that matter...maybe DCL will get there too). Williams is fine, Bolasie is fine. Gueye is brilliant. But it's not like he splashed the cash. We also sold John Stones

In January - Schneiderlin and Lookman. One is for the future. Schneiderlin is good.

And we've cleared a lot of crap. I'm not saying he's been bad. I'm saying he's not been the obscene sugar daddy that people are acting like he is. He seems to be approaching us as a business investment - which can be brilliant, assuming things go to plan. But this is not a City situation, or a Chelsea situation. And there is every possibility from where I am, which is a pure observer, that we're all getting a bit too excited for....firing Martinez, paying off the debt, and starting up, yet another, stadium push.

Off the pitch is awesome, and I really have no complaints. But I don't care if Everton are the most lucrative business around. Our profit is meaningless to me beyond it's affect on the pitch. And on the pitch we've had a lot of swings and misses, a couple buys for the future, an unearthed gem (Gueye) and ONE major signing - who can easily be seen as a United reject in the vein of Saha, Howard, or Gibson (though short term results suggest he's better).

It is going to be a long and arduous process to overcome all that, and I'm happy to be patient with it. However, until it actually happens? Reserving judgement.

Anyone who expected a Man City spending spree must have been very deluded, that was never going to be the case and that's why people are seeing their arses.

Off the pitch is were you should be concerned, a better business model with more commercial revenue entitles us to spend more without breaching any rules moving forward, it's all relevant and important.

He also spent £20m on compensation packages. I also wouldn't class morgs as a United reject, he didn't get game time because the manager didn't fancy him

This summer should prove if he his serious, there were clear issues with people bending into their roles last summer and then by the sounds of it in January the old guard wanted to penny pinch. So I'd expect no issues this summer, targets identified and concluded swiftly.

Think this is all pretty reasonable.

I'd disagree a bit on not caring about club debt, and being a lucrative business, as there is a link between money in, money available to spend and getting that spent well on the team, which leads to more success.

I think we're heading in the right direction, but I'd put myself as cautiously optimistic.

And you're right that it's not a city/Chelsea situation, but even so it took City 4 years between the takeover and winning the league, so steady progress on and off the pitch is the order of the day.

Unless he spunks £100s and £100s of millions in the summer, in which case I'm fine with that too.

Anyone who expected a Man City spending spree must have been very deluded, that was never going to be the case and that's why people are seeing their arses.

Off the pitch is were you should be concerned, a better business model with more commercial revenue entitles us to spend more without breaching any rules moving forward, it's all relevant and important.

He also spent £20m on compensation packages. I also wouldn't class morgs as a United reject, he didn't get game time because the manager didn't fancy him

This summer should prove if he his serious, there were clear issues with people bending into their roles last summer and then by the sounds of it in January the old guard wanted to penny pinch. So I'd expect no issues this summer, targets identified and concluded swiftly.
I actually agree with all of this. My main argument is that there is a lot of positive hyperbole around Moshiri and the feeling that everything is SURE to go well.

The last time I remember this forum so absolutely convinced that better days were ahead was...just after Martinez's first season (I could be ultra-vaulted myself), forgive me for being more on the fence until we actually win a trophy. There is nothing written in the stars that says we will or must succeed.

Moshiri is objectively a better owner than Kenwright for Everton to date. Not a hard bar to pass, true, but still a positive of course. All signs point to us, at the very least, joining the second tier soon (though Lukaku being sold may slow us down a wee bit). Moshiri being better than Kenwright and looking good doesn't mean we HAVE a dockside stadium. It doesn't mean we WILL win trophies.

I don't think it's too ridiculous to question these things before they come to pass. If this summer goes well, you can bet I'll jump on board with the rest of you, but until we actually have a successful window under Moshiri I'll play the fence.

Whilst I accept that things can often seem this way, and of course we do have our fair share of wums, people get absolutely piled on for suggesting a little bit of reluctance for declaring this Everton a certain new dawn in which everything is days of wine and roses.
Only the clear wums mate. There are posters that are openly sceptical that people have no problem with.

In fact if you had to rate it where 5 was neutral on Moshiri, 1 was a really negative view and 10 was an extremely positive view I think there will be more on 1 that there will be those on 10.

I'm more positive than negative at the moment, I agree that the results are what matters.

But I think what you said is fair enough. Good post mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back