Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Only the clear wums mate. There are posters that are openly sceptical that people have no problem with.

In fact if you had to rate it where 5 was neutral on Moshiri, 1 was a really negative view and 10 was an extremely positive view I think there will be more on 1 that there will be those on 10.
For real?

I think Dave is in your brain as more than one person, maybe. It seems to me the vast majority of individuals are overwhelmingly positive. The negative few just post a lot (which I'm totally ok with for the simple fear of an echo chamber turning us all into Geordies).

I could be wrong, I mostly scan through these days, if so, I retract my statement.

I'm a 7 right now. A good summer puts me to 8. Trophies alone for 10.

Think this is all pretty reasonable.

I'd disagree a bit on not caring about club debt, and being a lucrative business, as there is a link between money in, money available to spend and getting that spent well on the team, which leads to more success.

I think we're heading in the right direction, but I'd put myself as cautiously optimistic.

And you're right that it's not a city/Chelsea situation, but even so it took City 4 years between the takeover and winning the league, so steady progress on and off the pitch is the order of the day.

Unless he spunks £100s and £100s of millions in the summer, in which case I'm fine with that too.
Agree about the debt. It's obviously a good thing that it's paid off/loaned interest free. It's just not exactly what gets my heart racing? It's not what makes me an Evertonian.

I am happy with Koeman.

Christ. I don't care about club debt?

Like I realize the value of what he did. Hence me saying we should all be appreciative of that side of it.

On the flip side - this summer we brought in Gueye, Williams, and Bolasie (that matter...maybe DCL will get there too). Williams is fine, Bolasie is fine. Gueye is brilliant. But it's not like he splashed the cash. We also sold John Stones

In January - Schneiderlin and Lookman. One is for the future. Schneiderlin is good.

And we've cleared a lot of crap. I'm not saying he's been bad. I'm saying he's not been the obscene sugar daddy that people are acting like he is. He seems to be approaching us as a business investment - which can be brilliant, assuming things go to plan. But this is not a City situation, or a Chelsea situation. And there is every possibility from where I am, which is a pure observer, that we're all getting a bit too excited for....firing Martinez, paying off the debt, and starting up, yet another, stadium push.

Off the pitch is awesome, and I really have no complaints. But I don't care if Everton are the most lucrative business around. Our profit is meaningless to me beyond it's affect on the pitch. And on the pitch we've had a lot of swings and misses, a couple buys for the future, an unearthed gem (Gueye) and ONE major signing - who can easily be seen as a United reject in the vein of Saha, Howard, or Gibson (though short term results suggest he's better).

It is going to be a long and arduous process to overcome all that, and I'm happy to be patient with it. However, until it actually happens? Reserving judgement.

Everyone should take these comments into account.

Anyone else including the ITK's articles you all worship are bull. This is a realistic and accurate take on the takeover.

For real?

I think Dave is in your brain as more than one person, maybe. It seems to me the vast majority of individuals are overwhelmingly positive. The negative few just post a lot (which I'm totally ok with for the simple fear of an echo chamber turning us all into Geordies).

I could be wrong, I mostly scan through these days, if so, I retract my statement.

I'm a 7 right now. A good summer puts me to 8. Trophies alone for 10.
I don't even think he's been too badd on Moshiri today, Ernie and Trilion (or whatever his name was) look to be the two thats gone.

I'd suggest there are more with extreme negative view than there are positive. I'm just patiently waiting for this summer.

Anyone who expected a Man City spending spree must have been very deluded, that was never going to be the case and that's why people are seeing their arses.

Off the pitch is were you should be concerned, a better business model with more commercial revenue entitles us to spend more without breaching any rules moving forward, it's all relevant and important.

He also spent £20m on compensation packages. I also wouldn't class morgs as a United reject, he didn't get game time because the manager didn't fancy him

This summer should prove if he his serious, there were clear issues with people bending into their roles last summer and then by the sounds of it in January the old guard wanted to penny pinch. So I'd expect no issues this summer, targets identified and concluded swiftly.
It's all about the net spend. Keep your eye on exactly how much over and above player sales is spent.

Under him we had the lowest net spend in the past three seasons. If that is a repeat performance (net spend in the £20ms) you know you have a chancer on your hands - someone here to add value to his shares by getting others to pay for a stadium build then sell up.

He's under the microscope and he better deliver.

Agree about the debt. It's obviously a good thing that it's paid off/loaned interest free. It's just not exactly what gets my heart racing? It's not what makes me an Evertonian.

I am happy with Koeman.

Know what ya mean, hearing about net savings on interest payments against long term debt, isn't exactly adrenaline-inducing stuff.

But sometimes the unexpected ones bring you the most joy, like nobody getting excited about Gana in the summer, and he's been one of the best things of the season.

Like a spontaneous heavy drinking session with yer mates, when you really only intended a swift one after work.

It's all about the net spend. Keep your eye in exactly how much over and above player sales is spent.

Under him we had the lowest net spend in the past three seasons. If that is a repeat performance (net spend in the £20ms) you know you have a chancer in your hands. Someone here to add value to his shares by getting others to pay for a stadium build then sell up.

He's up under the microscope and he better deliver.
Or else Davek knows is coming to get you!

It's all about the net spend. Keep your eye on exactly how much over and above player sales is spent.

Under him we had the lowest net spend in the past three seasons. If that is a repeat performance (net spend in the £20ms) you know you have a chancer on your hands - someone here to add value to his shares by getting others to pay for a stadium build then sell up.

He's under the microscope and he better deliver.

It's not Dave, net spend is just a RS excuse for not competing. It's if your team is stronger at the end of the window.

That's just an excuse.

You get what you pay for. Investment in squads are reflected in league places. It's an iron law of this league.

I reckon by and large you're right. But I'd say you have to be careful if you take in a huge sum for one player, as we're likely to do his summer.

If rom stayed, you'd want to see £50m net get spent on players. But if we get £75m in, not sure that means we have to do £125m, to spend equally well. No point in throwing money out the door if you can't genuinely improve the squad.

But generally I think you've got a point, and most on here will be looking closely at our summer business.

If Lukaku goes and we go on to have a positive net spend (when making a rough guess as to the fee we will receive for Lukaku) I think we will be stepping into dangerous territory.

I say this thinking of what happened when Spurs and Liverpool tried to spend the Suarez and Bale money.

I don't think you can put a team together 6-7 new first team players at a time, has to be a bigger transition period. Unless Koeman/Walsh provide some magic.
Even without Barkley and Lukaku we have a good core to the team, so no need to add 6/7 first teamers to our squad, the structure of the midfield is good now with the emergence of Davies and adding Gueye and Snides, full backs are very good when fit possibly we need cover for Coleman and and 1 or 2 CB's and a keeper. So if Barkley and Lukaku go we would I imagine have around 100 million to spend and I would image we wouldn't spend anything over that amount, I also would be surprised if we spent anything over 35 million for one player. Perhaps I'm wrong but our club in the main spends money well so any player bought would be sensible signing not Robinho type ones.

That's just an excuse.

You get what you pay for. Investment in squads are reflected in league places. It's an iron law of this league.

Hypothetically speaking, we sell (without going all FIFA):
Lukaku £85m
Barkley £45m
Cleverly £7m
Niasse £10m
Jags £3m

And buy
lacazette £50m
Serbian left back free
Rooney free
Gylfi - £30m
Jose £25m
Keane £20m
Ghezzal £10m
Trippier £15m

Now I'm not saying I want these players and the values are what I've read in the papers, but that would give a zero net spend and the squad would be stronger

Hypothetically speaking, we sell (without going all FIFA):
Lukaku £85m
Barkley £45m
Cleverly £7m
Niasse £10m
Jags £3m

And buy
lacazette £50m
Serbian left back free
Rooney free
Gylfi - £30m
Jose £25m
Keane £20m
Ghezzal £10m
Trippier £15m

Now I'm not saying I want these players and the values are what I've read in the papers, but that would give a zero net spend and the squad would be stronger

Jose Baxter is on a free mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back