Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The biggest thing Moshiri needs to do is chuck Kenwright out of transfer negotiations as he was at it all summer then again in the Schneiderlein negotiations.

Does anyone know exactly when Moshiri can or wants to buy out Kenwright and woods fully?

If we lose Lukaku we have to hit back very quickly with a huge signing, not only to get a great replacement in but also to make a statement to fans and the media that we're not victims and the same old plucky Everton. We need to spend all that Lukaku cash and then spend again until the squad has quality in all positions with good deputies in place.
I agree...:oops:

If we lose Lukaku we have to hit back very quickly with a huge signing, not only to get a great replacement in but also to make a statement to fans and the media that we're not victims and the same old plucky Everton. We need to spend all that Lukaku cash and then spend again until the squad has quality in all positions with good deputies in place.
Amazed%2Breaction%2Bmeme.jpg

Champions League football really is the be and end all for the top players now

Exposure to foreign tv viewers
Commercial opportunities worldwide
Playing against the best opponents

Hope he knows the mammoth rebuild needed in the summer. About 5 or 6 out the door including our best player, our RB possibly never to return the same player and a need for a whole new defence.

We need a good £120-150 million spent this window we can't mess about like we done last summer

Actually, I think we have to get our retaliation / hitting back in early...admit to the fact (if they haven't already and know where he's going) that Lukaku is gone and buy the replacement on window opening day+1.
Plus; hang on to Lukaku for as long as we can - just because we can...why give him and his buyers any thing for 'free'

Actually, I think we have to get our retaliation / hitting back in early...admit to the fact (if they haven't already and know where he's going) that Lukaku is gone and buy the replacement on window opening day+1.
Plus; hang on to Lukaku for as long as we can - just because we can...why give him and his buyers any thing for 'free'

I was thinking this yesterday.

If we are going to be spending and having a go anyway, then it would be so much better if we could get a few players signed and holding up the jersey early and get a sense of momentum going.

I think the media will get rabid towards us again with Lukaku stories and I certainly don't want to see us dictated to by Chelsea or any other clubs.

Make him and the buying club wait until well into July at least. I would like to think we can get ca. 70m for him but I actually think they might do a deal with Chelsea for 65m + Batshuayi on a season loan, or something akin to that.

Either way, with the other outgoings as well, we should be prepared to make a big splash and we will simply have to sign an established / high profile player or two to compensate in morale terms in we lose both Lukaku and Barkley. In that scenario, I would expect us to be looking at making up to 8 signings.

If we are going to be spending and having a go anyway, then it would be so much better if we could get a few players signed and holding up the jersey early and get a sense of momentum going.

I think the media will get rabid towards us again with Lukaku stories and I certainly don't want to see us dictated to by Chelsea or any other clubs.

Make him and the buying club wait until well into July at least. I would like to think we can get ca. 70m for him but I actually think they might do a deal with Chelsea for 65m + Batshuayi on a season loan, or something akin to that.

Either way, with the other outgoings as well, we should be prepared to make a big splash and we will simply have to sign an established / high profile player or two to compensate in morale terms in we lose both Lukaku and Barkley. In that scenario, I would expect us to be looking at making up to 8 signings.
You make mention of this Batshuayi kid.
He was mentioned as a target for us a couple of years back, then after he had a couple of decent games for Belgium in the Euros, coming on as sub for a big lump of cack, name escapes me, he turns into a right diva saying only Chelsea interest him.
Now he is boo hooing because surprise surprise, he's not getting any game time. A blind man could see that would be the case.
So balls to him coming as a loan player. If any good for us he would turn into Lukaku mk.2. and off we go again.

There might not be many buyers out there, but there aren't many Lukaku's either...it's not like buying a house or car, if you don't like the price you go to the next option.
If you want Lukaku there is no other option = sellers market + opportunity for some serious gouging, especially if it is Chelsea.
65M + right off whatever we still owe + Batshuayi or whoever Ron/Walsh fancies.

Oh and agree the deal as near to the deadline as we can push it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back