Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Won loads of titles post-2006.

They became a selling club around that time and slipped into the status they are now, which is not on the same level as the teams that actually are in with a shout of winning.

But that was down to the funding issues of the new stadium and the repayments surrounding that.

The issue I was trying to make was that players leave clubs when they have their hearts set on moving. So people acting like it's only us and we're small time is bordering on the embarrassing

I guess so my Friend but you've got to have differing opinions or it becomes boring

Don't want to end up relentless bumkissing like theblueroom podcasts

Moshiri still hasn't delivered the big signings. When he does that will win a lot of people over.
I agree. But how many times can you make the same point before it becomes obvious trolling?

Moshiri has however been here only 13 months. We talked about all he has done and what may or may not of happened if he never came to our club the other day.

I'll put it this way, if after that utter fraud Martinez got us knocked out of the LC SF when all we needed to do was NOT conceded 3 goals on a hour, you'd of told me what was about to happen under a new majority shareholder, if of told you that you needed your head feeling.

The reason I referenced the City game is because, from memory it was the final of the LC weekend when the news broke.

But that was down to the funding issues of the new stadium and the repayments surrounding that.

The issue I was trying to make was that players leave clubs when they have their hearts set on moving. So people acting like it's only us and we're small time is bordering on the embarrassing
Ashley Cole left because Arsenal offered him a load less than Chelsea.

If Arsenal had not had to worry about finances, they probably would/could have offered him parity and his departure was not certain.

Ross may or may not just want out, and if he does the question becomes why does he want out, what makes him feel he can be more successful elsewhere while we're being told that success and riches are just around the corner.

I'm personally of the belief that we're not offering him the money he wants. If that's because we don't rate him, fine.

I'm mostly uncomfortable with the militant positivity that has appeared. You're a WUM for questioning Moshiri, even though we spent the Stones money and that's about all. He's clearly done a lot behind the scenes that we should appreciate regardless of the underlying motive, but I'm not ready to anoint him savior quite yet.

I'll even take a Summer of any net spend this time ;)
If Lukaku goes and we go on to have a positive net spend (when making a rough guess as to the fee we will receive for Lukaku) I think we will be stepping into dangerous territory.

I say this thinking of what happened when Spurs and Liverpool tried to spend the Suarez and Bale money.

I don't think you can put a team together 6-7 new first team players at a time, has to be a bigger transition period. Unless Koeman/Walsh provide some magic.

I agree. But how many times can you make the same point before it becomes obvious trolling?

Moshiri has however been here only 13 months. We talked about all he has done and what may or may not of happened if he never came to our club the other day.

I'll put it this way, if after that utter fraud Martinez got us knocked out of the LC SF when all we needed to do was NOT conceded 3 goals on a hour, you'd of told me what was about to happen under a new majority shareholder, if of told you that you needed your head feeling.

The reason I referenced the City game is because, from memory it was the final of the LC weekend when the news broke.

The thing is Ian people have sort of seen this before.

Sorry for channelling the Damo here but when Lerner first joined Villa he bought into loads of fan projects, rebuilt a famous mural and countenanced a huge spend on (ultimately tosh) players. That's all gone boobs up.

It's a positive that we are moving in the right direction but the stadium plans and solid summer spending will win the vast majority of remaining sceptics over .

He's not helped by the social media hype machine - more on that to come I think

Ashley Cole left because Arsenal offered him a load less than Chelsea.

If Arsenal had not had to worry about finances, they probably would/could have offered him parity and his departure was not certain.

Ross may or may not just want out, and if he does the question becomes why does he want out, what makes him feel he can be more successful elsewhere while we're being told that success and riches are just around the corner.

I'm personally of the belief that we're not offering him the money he wants. If that's because we don't rate him, fine.

I'm mostly uncomfortable with the militant positivity that has appeared. You're a WUM for questioning Moshiri, even though we spent the Stones money and that's about all. He's clearly done a lot behind the scenes that we should appreciate regardless of the underlying motive, but I'm not ready to anoint him savior quite yet.
The bolded bit is nonsense.

You're a WUM for questioning Moshiri, even though we spent the Stones money and that's about all. He's clearly done a lot behind the scenes that we should appreciate regardless of the underlying motive, but I'm not ready to anoint him savior quite yet.

Wrong, just plain wrong.

One is a WUM when every single post is laced with utterly ridiculous assertions and implications, designed to do nothing more than get a rise out of other posters.

They waste their own time, and ours. And are so predictable, it isnt true.

Of course. Its a football forum, ergo, frequented by football fans. The most irreverent bunch of folk on the planet.

But when the enjoyment of the place is spoiled by idiots, then what to do?

It's a good point, there's been a real decline in the last month

Weirdly, my post rating powers were removed one month ago.

Make of that what you will.

If Lukaku goes and we go on to have a positive net spend (when making a rough guess as to the fee we will receive for Lukaku) I think we will be stepping into dangerous territory.

I say this thinking of what happened when Spurs and Liverpool tried to spend the Suarez and Bale money.

I don't think you can put a team together 6-7 new first team players at a time, has to be a bigger transition period. Unless Koeman/Walsh provide some magic.
I wouldn't sell Lukaku this Summer. And then expect to net spend 100m if we are serious on quality additions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back