Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There were a few high profile players Everton tried to sign last Summer whose clubs either wouldn't sell, or
who WOULDN'T COME
My daughter won't eat prawns or lobster, but it isn't my fault.

Most people seem to think there is a supermarket that we can just pick up players and take them to the till. No agents, no other clubs, no regard to players who have their own minds about where they want to go.

I'm sure we could spend money but that would be a waste if the players are not better than what we already have, or we blow too much money on this stage of development so there is no money left when it comes to getting the next level up.

Hardly the new era we was promised is it

Can see another negative spend this summer

I get the feeling that Evertonians were expecting Moshiri to be a Abramovich or Shiekh Mansoor. He's not. He's a top business man who's made is financial wealth in many ways, not just through oil. He was never going to come in, spend billions getting world class players. Also you need to remember, Chelsea and City could spend without the restrictions of Financial Fair Play.

We're in a very good position. Goodison looks great, Bramley Moore is moving along nicely. We have a very good manager, and the best crop of youngsters coming through since the club was founded.

What Moshiri has done, is made us an attractive outfit. If we get regular Champions League, we could then attract someone of Abramovich or Shiekh Mansoor level.

And taking the blue tinted specs off, it was always going to be a hard task to be attractive when our rivals are a massive global brand.

Neither do I, something isn't quite right. Ok fair enough if he doesn't want to, he's given us a plan and framework for a stadium he's already surpassed Blue Bill in the chairman stakes, albeit that is not a hard task.

What I can't stand is false hope, who's leaking the Everton transfer spree out?

Eyebrows should have been raised when we brought Walsh in, a man who finds bargains from the second tier French league.

A lot doesn't stack up still and am sorry but after years of lies, minapulations, Everton fans being blackballed in a sense, I don't trust our club.

Don't even get me started as to why Elstone and Bill are still here and positions of power and infulence.
Matketing is extremely important and so far the Moshiri war chest has been brilliantly marketed.
Leaking £100 million budget stories, claiming 60m player bids, and having 'itk's on popular forums / twitter acting as spin doctors.
It's all helped to land RK, raise the club profile and sell out every home game.
It's just that, 1 year on, that's all it's been. Marketing. There's no evidence whatsoever that Moshiri's provided transfer funds.
Don't get me wrong. He's brought about marked improvement and I'm very grateful but no one likes being played for a fool and if we don't see real net investment this summer (*crosses fingers) then we have been or to put it another way we, as a fan base, have been subjected to a cynical marketing campaign.

Most people seem to think there is a supermarket that we can just pick up players and take them to the till. No agents, no other clubs, no regard to players who have their own minds about where they want to go.

I'm sure we could spend money but that would be a waste if the players are not better than what we already have, or we blow too much money on this stage of development so there is no money left when it comes to getting the next level up.
I like this post mate even if nobody else does

Matketing is extremely important and so far the Moshiri war chest has been brilliantly marketed.
Leaking £100 million budget stories, claiming 60m player bids, and having 'itk's on popular forums / twitter acting as spin doctors.
It's all helped to land RK, raise the club profile and sell out every home game.
It's just that, 1 year on, that's all it's been. Marketing. There have been no transfer funds whatsoever provided by Moshiri.
Don't get me wrong. He's brought about marked improvement and I'm very grateful but no one likes being played for a fool and if we don't see real net investment this summer (*crosses fingers) then we have been or to put it another way we, as a fan base, have been subjected to a cynical marketing campaign.

Amen

Eyes on the net spend this summer.

He said himself there's a small window of opportunity open to get a boost up to the top table. He's blown two transfer windows this season. There has to be a big statement made this summer. The conditions are right and there's no excuses on the wages front as there was last summer.

Time for this feller to nail the understandable concerns that he's this era's Gregg or Earl.

Eyes on the net spend this summer.

He said himself there's a small window of opportunity open to get a boost up to the top table. He's blown two transfer windows this season. There has to be a big statement made this summer. The conditions are right and there's no excuses on the wages front as there was last summer.

Time for this feller to nail the understandable concerns that he's this era's Gregg or Earl.

100m+ David.

Or we riot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back