Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Contradicting yourself a bit there.

On the one hand you say the "Chinese model" of paying big wages works in attracting "top players" (who are, let's face it, heading towards the end of their career).

On the other hand, Everton handing big wages to top players (who are, let's face it, heading towards the end of their career) is a problem.

Which is it? A good thing, or a problem?
That's not what I'm saying. We were after Witsel, for example. He went to a Chinese club after we all rationalised that we couldn't possibly get him because he was going to Juve and we couldn't offer what they could. Turns out that what needed offering was cash. Apparently, that is something we can offer. I'm not convinced that is true and, despite assurances from various (n)itks, it seems plausible to me that we are missing out on genuine improvements to the squad because of limitations in our wage structure. My latter point is that if we are going to break that structure it should be for players in their prime not some nostalgia trip.

What annoys me is this.

We get told 'nothing will be the same' we've got loads of money.

It's garbage.

Season finished a few days ago and city bid 60m for a player. No messing about, no excuses. Get the deal done. Offer the money and stop messing.

Freebies from Southampton ffs.

Excuses about lack of champs league is garbage. Do what city did and pay the money and they'll come.

Big summer for Moshiri this one, if we don't do some very good business then he'll be facing a backlash from the get go, Kenwright got away with murder for years because he was a "true blue" "mortgaged his house 78 times to buy us" "saved us from agent Johnson" etc. Moshiri won't be given many excuses and our fans have rightly or wrongly become alot more vocal in recent years.

Even with that intention though it can be tough to deliver. Last summer we apparently targeted the likes of Mata Witsel Koulibaly and Moshiri apparently had the cash in place for each. All three flirted with us but Mata was promised game time at United by Mourinho, Witsel got offered huge wages in China and Koulibaly stayed for CL football (knowing he could pick up another CL team this summer). We then fell into the Bolasie/Williams bracket because we needed bodies and all the top players had swerved us. Do we go for the ring below the top player this summer (GOT will fume if so), do we massively overpay for a top player (GOT would fume if so), do we try again and risk ending up empty handed like last summer? (GOT fume if so). We're in a tricky spot of trying to entice top players on the promise of a better future without being able to give them the CL football that any decent continental sidecoulf give them. Sandro for example may prefer sitting on Atletico's bench in the CL than taking our money and being first choice.

Regardless of what happens this summer is much rather be in this situation under Moshiri of at least trying for top players rather than previous years of scouting free transfers and cheap players going nowhere in their careers. Despite all the moaning on here things have definitely changed.

Super post mate

Big summer for Moshiri this one, if we don't do some very good business then he'll be facing a backlash from the get go, Kenwright got away with murder for years because he was a "true blue" "mortgaged his house 78 times to buy us" "saved us from agent Johnson" etc. Moshiri won't be given many excuses and our fans have rightly or wrongly become alot more vocal in recent years.
That phoney, cringeworthy, stupid, bloke kenwright shouldn't be anywhere near the transfers never mind the club.

Why is kenwright and Elstone still here? Cock up after cock up under their watch and here they are!!

The latest cock up being the kit release and no where can you buy the kit!!

Hopeless beyond belief.

That phoney, cringeworthy, stupid, bloke kenwright shouldn't be anywhere near the transfers never mind the club.

Why is kenwright and Elstone still here? Cock up after cock up under their watch and here they are!!

The latest cock up being the kit release and no where can you buy the kit!!

Hopeless beyond belief

That's not a cock up, they've set the release date for the 8th June and you can already pre-order.

It's standard, United aren't selling their new shirt until July.

"Everton’s directors are split on whether or not to sign Rooney... Kenwright, Koeman and Walsh are keen... but Moshiri is not convinced he is value for money."
The Echo rumour section reporting the Mirror.
If there's any truth in it then Mosh is going against the wishes of his manager and DOF. I can't say I blame him given Rooney's age, wages, and lack of resale value but it undermines the idea that RK will get what he was promised.
Seems we're bargaining hard for every pound as ever. We're trying to get full value outa that £100m war chest no doubt. ;)

"Everton’s directors are split on whether or not to sign Rooney... Kenwright, Koeman and Walsh are keen... but Moshiri is not convinced he is value for money."
If there's any truth in it then Mosh is going against the wishes of his manager and DOF. I can't say I blame him given Rooney's age, wages, and lack of resale value but it undermines the idea that RK will get what he was promised.
Seems we're bargaining hard for every pound as ever. We're trying to get full value outa that £100m war chest no doubt. ;)
Sounds like complete fluffity fluff to me.

Sounds like complete fluffity fluff to me.
Not exactly from a reliable source but we're clearly still bargaining hard. Barkley - we're not yet going near the wages he wants. Gylfi - same (source The Times). Valencia - we engaged in protracted negotiation for a permanent (source The Echo). Cuco - It's taking a long time to get over the line perhaps due to wage negotiations?
Anyway when Cuco completes we'll all be able to breath a sigh of relief that things are moving in the right direction. ;)

I got as far as Echo Rumour section .............. kopite klopp loving FSG fawning dopes

We sign bolasie and loads of posters moan about the price , papers report siggurson's wage demands and loads of posters say I wouldn't pay that it's ridiculous. Loads and loads of posters post repeatedly about the Rooney deal being finally crazy, A newspaper reports that the board might be concerned over that deal and it seems that's a bad thing , if it's even true .

I honestly don't know what people want, but I do know this board are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't .

Let's hope we get some quality through the door and we can all enjoy it .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back