Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I agree fans want success, but fans also want a football club. The method your insinuating here of spending is in all likelihood going to be a sustainable approach.
No point chasing success if it is at the cost of the club.
I want my future generations to be able to go to the game.
Moshiri is evidently putting the building blocks in to allow us a) a chance of getting back to the top table and b) ringfencing our future status as a club.

Who cares if he leaves and makes profit? Not me; we will still have our club.
Yes I want to win trophies and yes, I understand that buying the top players at over inflated prices is important in this in the grand scheme of things. But there are only three trophies we can win; four if you're in Europe.

What fans want isn't just success; it's memories/emotions/tales/stories/times. I have seen us win one trophy in my days supporting the club, but it doesn't stop my love for the club or my excitement going every other Saturday. My son has never seen us win anything and he is as passionate a blue as anyone. Not winning a trophy hasn't lessened our love for the club.

Imagine that was taken away; it would be hideous.

Now you will in all likelihood say 'nothing is guaranteed' and were 'no nearer to a stadium', but we both know that's not true. Bramley Moore will be the new home of the club and whilst the club haven't given us/you privy information (and why should they?) to say Moshiri isn't a cut above is frankly embarrassing.

He has also been in charge of the club when we have spent money on our existing stadium for the first time in many a year. We have also spent 20m plus twice in the past twelve months. Previous to that was once in 25 years.

All the signs are pointing to upwards progress and for Moshiri's efforts to be downplayed is somewhat aloof and very naïve. You simply aren't privy to the information to make such assertions and your ignorance of the evidence before you is again being ignored to probably fit an agenda/argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you will in all likelihood say 'nothing is guaranteed' and were 'no nearer to a stadium', but we both know that's not true. Bramley Moore will be the new home of the club and whilst the club haven't given us/you privy information (and why should they?) to say Moshiri isn't a cut above is frankly embarrassing.
He has also been in charge of the club when we have spent money on our existing stadium for the first time in many a year. We have also spent 20m plus twice in the past twelve months. Previous to that was once in 25 years.
All the signs are pointing to upwards progress and for Moshiri's efforts to be downplayed is somewhat aloof and very naïve. You simply aren't privy to the information to make such assertions and your ignorance of the evidence before you is again being ignored to probably fit an agenda/argument.
They're mighty bold statements.

We know nothing of the sort. We've been a lot closer under previous regimes and there's nothing done that suggests we are 'obviously' going to get the BMD stadium.

And all the signs dont point upwards. If others, as per usual, back their clubs with cash and we have an owner who has a low net spend then we go backwards. It's as simple as that. An iron rule of this PL.

Couldn't agree more with jinkyali. Everton should be here for the generations, long after we are gone, and I am confident that Moshiri is creating a legacy for the club that 2 years ago we probably would not have believed possible. I am old enough to remember the success of the 80s but also to have endured almost 30 years as our once mighty club has been unable to move forward whilst clubs that were nowhere near our level of success have surpassed us with big investment, improved stadia and trophies. To continually state that Moshiri is not here to improve Everton and make us competitive again, just after a quick buck, without from what I can see any hard facts to support this point of view, is simply scaremongering (or winding fellow Blues up) for the sake of it Davek. It seems to me that we have made lots of progress since Moshiri arrived, and there is more around the corner. There are still hurdles to overcome, not least the challenge of altering the current media perception of Everton as a club that was big but isn't anymore, still has no cash, players don't want to play for us etc. etc. I suspect FFP is genuinely hindering what Moshiri would like to do but any Billionaire that is prepared to offer an interest free loan on £80million debt that was a noose around the club's neck & support plans for a new state of the art stadium on the waterfront, is alright with me. If Moshiri wasn't serious, we wouldn't have got Koeman, Schneiderlien, Walsh and definitely not Bramley Moore Dock. Progress is being made, just not as fast as we all would like, but I for one am confident it is happening behind the scenes. This summer may prove that we have new ambition with player signings, but it is not the be all and end all. The stadium and the development of the North Docks is as it will re-establish Everton as a major footballing force.

We know nothing of the sort. We've been a lot closer under previous regimes and there's nothing done that suggests we are 'obviously' going to get the BMD stadium.

And all the signs dont point upwards. If others, as per usual, back their clubs with cash and we have an owner who has a low net spend then we go backwards. It's as simple as that. An iron rule of this PL.
We have a negative net spend over the 2 transfer windows that Moshiri has been here.

Kopites number 1 excuse for not winning the PL, and now our fans have adopted it

*sigh

No we haven't.

We've never actually made it to the point of being able to raise the funds, so Moshiri has boxed that off before the planning process has started. With the full support of LCC and it being the catalyst for a huge regeneration of the North Docks, the planning process should be a given.

Those who will outspend us, generate more revenue, that's sort of how it works

Kopites number 1 excuse for not winning the PL, and now our fans have adopted it

*sigh
Sorry, you're not preparing the ground for another poor net spend season under Moshiri. If that happens he is a chancer. No ifs or buts. And I think the majority of fans will think so too.

No we haven't.

We've never actually made it to the point of being able to raise the funds, so Moshiri has boxed that off before the planning process has started. With the full support of LCC and it being the catalyst for a huge regeneration of the North Docks, the planning process should be a given.

Those who will outspend us, generate more revenue, that's sort of how it works
No. The funding package was in place with Gregg and his commercial partners. What happened, as we all well know, is that control of the club by the Kenwright led board would have been weakened by others funding the stadium project and the plug was pulled.

It was all good to go. Kenwright just had to say "ok".

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back