Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think the skepticism toward Moshiri that you pioneered here on GOT has now been taken on board by most. I do not think he is here for any other reason than to make money and the less he has to spend to attain that end the better.
Kenwright has duped us again. He is a much smarter and sinister operator than most of us realised. You are possibly the only one to immediately recognise all this and make the rest of us open our eyes.
Massive kudos to you.

Heaven forbid, but on the back of your prescience, I guess a lot of us must rethink our 'Martinez out'
position toward the end of his tenure .

I presume you had your tongue firmly in your cheek when writing this...if not it was firmly up Davek 3rd eye.

It's quite simple mate: fans want one thing only - success; owners want money...and the two dont necessarily converge in this hyper-inflated industry.

He's here for a stadium build that other parties will pay for. Then he'll sell up and leave at a massive profit. Squad spending from his resources simply wont come into it. That will be paid for by player trading and the massive tv cash coming in.

Anyone who thinks Moshiri is a cut above what we've had before are living in a fools paradise.

What he's getting other people to pay for our new stadium on the docks?

I don't even want it anymore. Moshiri out!

Are you being serious? £100m TV money alone last Summer, and another £130m+ this Summer, and you are happy to sell to buy?
It's not what we have been told is it? And remember, none of the £230m+ has been touched for transfers yet.
I think some (most) of it went on wages, not to mention those pesky 'other operating expenses' tbf

Respectfully, I disagree entirely with Davek and the general attitude towards our major shareholder.

Where y'all see greedy grasping billionaires in search of a quick buck, I see more progress in two years than in the previous 25. If he is out to get us a new stadium and builds the team (at all) then it will be more successful since we moved to Goodison park in the first place.

he has addressed the first fundamentals - gotten rid of the cretinous Martinez and replaced him with a competent and prospectively good manager. Best home season for 30 years, gets my vote, sure we need to do better away, but it is a start.

Respectfully, I disagree entirely with Davek and the general attitude towards our major shareholder.

Where y'all see greedy grasping billionaires in search of a quick buck, I see more progress in two years than in the previous 25. If he is out to get us a new stadium and builds the team (at all) then it will be more successful since we moved to Goodison park in the first place.

he has addressed the first fundamentals - gotten rid of the cretinous Martinez and replaced him with a competent and prospectively good manager. Best home season for 30 years, gets my vote, sure we need to do better away, but it is a start.
Hardly a standard to be compared with.

Sadly most cant see the wood for the trees, they think its just a case of coming in and throwing money at things, its really not, the club has been ran on fumes for the last 20 years, it takes time to prop it back up.

The Mosh has come in and settled the debts, hes improved Goodison and hes working on a new stadium, as you say hes also got us in a very good manager on a nice wage, the groundwork has been done, it was never gonna be an overnight thing, hes a clever man, he knows the way to build something is to build it on strong foundations.

The foundations have gone up and now would be the time to start building, this summer we will find out of his true intentions.

Judge the fella on his actions, judge the fella AFTER the window closes, not on the 1st June, judge him on the 1st September.

Hardly a standard to be compared with.

Well, precisely what else should it be compared with?

I don't give a tinker's cuss about any other team, I can only discuss where it is taking EFC. Better places than where we have been, of that there can be little doubt, as you point out, it can't be that difficult. So why be so churlish about the chap.

Frankly, if he earns a zillion quid out of turning us around, what do i care? If EFC becomes better, my expectations are met in full.

Well, precisely what else should it be compared with?

I don't give a tinker's cuss about any other team, I can only discuss where it is taking EFC. Better places than where we have been, of that there can be little doubt, as you point out, it can't be that difficult. So why be so churlish about the chap.

Frankly, if he earns a zillion quid out of turning us around, what do i care? If EFC becomes better, my expectations are met in full.

True Blue

Even the subtle touches with the decorating of the ground and the hub on spellow Lane, plus buying even more sites around that area.These are things that probably didn't cost very much, they could have been done anytime over the last 20 years. The fact that he/his people have actually thought these things up are such an improvement on whats gone before. Thats not even touching on the debts, possible new ground and other improvements.

What he's getting other people to pay for our new stadium on the docks?

I don't even want it anymore. Moshiri out!
There's nothing to have, we're miles off.

Paul Gregg got Everton to a signature away from building a stadium at the Kings Dock. He was a chancer too, but at least the opportunity was within reach.

I could imagine he's seen how Everton has been ran, and like buying a property, realised simple changes can significantly increase the value.

Please remember he's a shrewd business man not a sugar daddy. Every expense will be for an eventual return.

We should still be thankful for the improvements but we will never be able to compete financially with the Manchester teams or Chelsea.

It's quite simple mate: fans want one thing only - success; owners want money...and the two dont necessarily converge in this hyper-inflated industry.

He's here for a stadium build that other parties will pay for. Then he'll sell up and leave at a massive profit. Squad spending from his resources simply wont come into it. That will be paid for by player trading and the massive tv cash coming in.

Anyone who thinks Moshiri is a cut above what we've had before are living in a fools paradise.

I agree fans want success, but fans also want a football club. The method your insinuating here of spending is in all likelihood going to be a sustainable approach.
No point chasing success if it is at the cost of the club.
I want my future generations to be able to go to the game.
Moshiri is evidently putting the building blocks in to allow us a) a chance of getting back to the top table and b) ringfencing our future status as a club.

Who cares if he leaves and makes profit? Not me; we will still have our club. Yes I want to win trophies and yes, I understand that buying the top players at over inflated prices is important in this in the grand scheme of things. But there are only three trophies we can win; four if your in Europe.

What fans want isn't just success; its memories/emotions/tales/stories/times. I have seen us win one trophy in my days supporting the club, but it doesn't stop my love for the club or my excitement going every other Saturday. My son has never seen us win anything and he is as passionate a blue as anyone. Not winning a trophy hasn't lessened our love for the club.

Imagine that was taken away; it would be hideous.

Now you will in all likelihood say 'nothing is guaranteed' and were 'no nearer to a stadium', but we both know that's not true. Bramley Moore will be the new home of the club and whilst the club haven't given us/you privy information (and why should they?) to say Moshiri isn't a cut above is frankly embarrassing.

He has also been in charge of the club when we have spent money on our existing stadium for the first time in many a year. We have also spent 20m plus twice in the past twelve months. Previous to that was once in 25 years.

All the signs are pointing to upwards progress and for Moshiri's efforts to be downplayed is somewhat aloof and very naïve. You simply aren't privy to the information to make such assertions and your ignorance of the evidence before you is again being ignored to probably fit an agenda/argument.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back