Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
So we bid 60 million of the much hyped war chest for Koulibally but have now opened the bidding for a top summer target at a feeble £8 million.

image.webp

He "got away with it" last Summer, settling in period for the manager, the new DoF, "Bill sticking his nose in", which is quite laughable, but anyway, everybody got a free pass. No free passes handed out this summer, for anybody and if August comes and the need for finger pointing arises, I know who my fingers will be getting pointed at, BOTH OF THEM.

But im sure that there wont be any need for blaming, only praise.
Spot on.

Play time is over.

"The Mosh" better deliver.

Moshiri is just as much to blame as Kenwright if we balls this window up like last summer. Can be no excuses bidding £8 million for a top summer target.

What winds me up about this club is we talk a big game, the 'offering Napoli Koulibalys £60 million' price tag' Kenwrights 'if we want a player who wants to come here we'll get them'

Yet we continue to be a laughing stock in the transfer window.

The transfer window isn't open.

Everyone stop acting like children.

Sunderland owe us £5m for Oviedo. We bid £8m for Pickford. 5+8=£13m.

I'd say that's a fair price, for an unproven keeper from the Championship.

People are only speculating in waving the Oviedo fee because people was taking the mick out of our low ball bid. I think Sunderland will cave in anyway now moyes has gone. Moyes had to much of an ego to sell Kone to us, wouldn't of allowed Pickford to go would of filled his head with lies, he left and that more or less confirms Sunderland are skint.

Sunderland owe us £5m for Oviedo. We bid £8m for Pickford. 5+8=£13m.

I'd say that's a fair price, for an unproven keeper from the Championship.

i hope we put relegation clauses in there as well.

Everton:"And you pay us an extra £5m if you get relegated"
sunderland: "why on earth would we do that?"
Everton: "What? Do you not feel confident you can stay up, if you don't add it in, we'll let the whole world know that you're so not confident enough to pay a relegation fee"
sunderland: " .... "
Everton: "yeah, i thought so, pleasure doing business with you".

I think it's a new revolutionary technique which we should employ from now on when selling to clubs in trouble.

Or do sunderland still actually owe us for Gibson and Oviedo?
If the £7.5m is still fully outstanding and we've taken it into consideration then we've actually bid £15.5m which would be a reasonable opening.
However the Echo report, 'It is believed that the Blues hierarchy would be willing to go as high as £15m.'
That indicates that the £7.5m is not being taken into consideration and we've genuinely opened with a low ball bid for a top target when just a few weeks ago some were claiming we were going to go for it early this summer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back