Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Couldn't care less about fantasies about coming seasons. Past all that. Just get the job done or do one.

No time for giving the benefit of the doubt for years to any spiv.

Trophies or CL qualification or stadium built.

Simple as that. Overpaying for players before balancing the books with a couple of late window sales isn't that thrilling a ride.
I get the cynicism, I do. Sell to buy, buy to sell etc etc.
But after years of selling to buy (and not spending all we've actually brought in by way of sales), I prefer buying to sell as the better option. An all out blitz is a dream. But perhaps not a realistic model.
Time will tell if the books are balanced by the end of this window. Could well be. If thats the case, so be it. The squad, to me, looks like its improving.
Delivery on the stadium is what I'm really looking for him to succeed in. If he can do that and help improve the squad thats got to be a good thing.

Couldn't care less about fantasies about coming seasons. Past all that. Just get the job done or do one.

No time for giving the benefit of the doubt for years to any spiv.

Trophies or CL qualification or stadium built.

Simple as that. Overpaying for players before balancing the books with a couple of late window sales isn't that thrilling a ride.
I first came across the word 'spiv' as a young kid watching Dad's Army and someone said to Private Walker "you're a spiv"
I'd never heard it again til you just mentioned it in your post.
You are a tremendously entertaining writer.

Thank you Dave. Can you tell your old mate @ianefc to stop his premature gloating.
"Nothing that Kenwright couldn't of done"

LOL

I remember waiting to sell Lescott, despite the club being adamant that he wasn't for sale, but once sold then our spending began with Heitinga and Distin. This happened in August BTW.

We've spent £120m (once Keane is confirmed)

But yeah nothing has changed, because Dave said so.

Bin.

"Nothing that Kenwright couldn't of done"

LOL

I remember waiting to sell Lescott, despite the club being adamant that he wasn't for sale, but once sold then our spending began with Heitinga and Distin. This happened in August BTW.

We've spent £120m (once Keane is confirmed)

But yeah nothing has changed, because Dave said so.

Bin.

Remember when we had all those massive pay days off the TV money and we went on massive spending sprees under Kenwright??

Oh yeah it didn't happen; point 1) sell someone or 2) wait for the tv money to hit the bank.

Even then both circumstances required the balancing of the books first to ensure the business could operate on bare bones.

£90m in 4 weeks is utter kenwright lol

I get the cynicism, I do. Sell to buy, buy to sell etc etc.
But after years of selling to buy (and not spending all we've actually brought in by way of sales), I prefer buying to sell as the better option. An all out blitz is a dream. But perhaps not a realistic model.
Time will tell if the books are balanced by the end of this window. Could well be. If thats the case, so be it. The squad, to me, looks like its improving.
Delivery on the stadium is what I'm really looking for him to succeed in. If he can do that and help improve the squad thats got to be a good thing.

This is how I will be judging him. The stadium in particular is a make or break. The feeling right now is that the bus is actually headed in the right direction and it is just a case of being cautiously optimistic that it will actually get to the destination we are all dreaming of. More signs of this will be needed as the season progresses. So far, so good. Now, just get it done before some of us older buggers kick the bucket!

I was happy to judge him on the 12th May 2016, the day he sacked the fruad Martinez, we knew he meant buisness right then and he has transformed this club ever since.
Your wrong about recycling player trade money, very wrong, we could of tried to do that last summer but Everton wasnt an attractive place to go after 2 years of Roberto dragging us down and tearing apart the hard work Moyes did, but 12 months of Koeman working his magic has turned us into a club players want to come to, dosent matter who wants to go now as they can and will be replaced

Actually, that is the one mistake Moshiri has made since taking over.

He should have fired Roberto a few weeks before that date, certainly before the Wembley trip, and we might have won the Cup last season with Unsie temporarily at the helm :(

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back