Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Erm wages? Or are we in fantasy economic land of money reported on sky in - money reported on sky out? Net spend arguments are embarrassing.
They'll go up incrementally as per usual. In 2013 they were £64M; last year they were £80M (the year before that they were £73M).

It's an upward spiral that predates Moshiri and doesn't make the outlay under him a different proposition.

He's not going to walk away from this club one penny worse off. I think we all know he'll rake it...and it has NOTHING to do with speculating in order to accumulate...you have to spend your own money for that.

Thats not really true David.

Bill Kenwright will walk away with 35m in "profit" for his time at the club, can you tell me how much of his own money he spent?

Moshiri walked away with 120m from Arsenal, can you tell me how much of his own money he spent?

Its ok, I will tell you.

ZERO

There's no doubt really when you think about it, if you compare them both honestly, the only difference is how Moshiri is intending to pay for the proposed new ground. It's no further along than Kings Dock was in reality.
I see someone like Anderson in the thick of it and know it's not exactly guaranteed to happen.

They'll go up incrementally as per usual. In 2013 they were £64M; last year they were £80M (the year before that they were £73M).

It's an upward spiral that predates Moshiri and doesn't make the outlay under him a different proposition.

It's the rate they go up though. Our wage bill will be a lot closer to the top 6's next season than before. That is the true indicator of chances of success rather than net spend. Chelsea and Spurs now operate very shrewdly on player trading but their wage bill always supports a quality squad. We're now building towards that. If you honestly don't think there's a difference between Pickford Klaasen Keane Sandro Bolasie and Robles Alcaraz McCarthy Deulofeu Kone then you're deliberately playing an agenda. We are buying players in their prime for large fees now. Previously we went for a cheap profile of player, young, old, loan, injured. Lukaku aside it wasn't successful. The squad left over was horrifically unbalanced with few players in their prime. We're now addressing this at a large cost. A huge difference.

Thats not really true David.

Bill Kenwright will walk away with 35m in "profit" for his time at the club, can you tell me how much of his own money he spent?

Moshiri walked away with 120m from Arsenal, can you tell me how much of his own money he spent?

Its ok, I will tell you.

ZERO
You're underlining my point. Thanks.

Erm wages? Or are we in fantasy economic land of money reported on sky in - money reported on sky out? Net spend arguments are embarrassing.

It's just not worth it mate. While the rest of us are at last happy that we have made a real statement and the fact that it still hasn't stopped, yet some people still are unhappy.

I get the feeling he would turn down an invitation for a get together with Ebenezer Scrooge and The Grinch because they would be too jovial and it would be too much of a lavish a do for his liking...

It's the rate they go up though. Our wage bill will be a lot closer to the top 6's next season than before. That is the true indicator of chances of success rather than net spend. Chelsea and Spurs now operate very shrewdly on player trading but their wage bill always supports a quality squad. We're now building towards that. If you honestly don't think there's a difference between Pickford Klaasen Keane Sandro Bolasie and Robles Alcaraz McCarthy Deulofeu Kone then you're deliberately playing an agenda. We are buying players in their prime for large fees now. Previously we went for a cheap profile of player, young, old, loan, injured. Lukaku aside it wasn't successful. The squad left over was horrifically unbalanced with few players in their prime. We're now addressing this at a large cost. A huge difference.
I'd have to see that in black and white, tbh.

He's not going to walk away from this club one penny worse off. I think we all know he'll rake it...and it has NOTHING to do with speculating in order to accumulate...you have to spend your own money for that.

I don't care if we've won trophies, got a new ground, less debt and are still sitting high in the premier league. I watch Everton because I was born a blue, I'm not investing cash in Everton or looking for a benchmark financial organisation.
I'm not saying you are, but anyone can be a naysayer or a football Luddite wanting the local rich boy to run a purely transparent football club, but that doesn't score you goals or win you points.
If Moshiri makes money out of Everton, but puts us in a better place than when he took over, it's a fair trade in my book.

I don't care if we've won trophies, got a new ground, less debt and are still sitting high in the premier league. I watch Everton because I was born a blue, I'm not investing cash in Everton or looking for a benchmark financial organisation. I'm not saying you are, but anyone can be a naysayer or a football Luddite wanting the local rich boy to run a purely transparent football club, but that doesn't score you goals or win you points. If Moshiri makes money out of Everton, but puts us in a better place than when he took over, it's a fair trade in my book.

Well he's got a million miles to go in that respect.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back