Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I know people will be sceptical, but how much more does this guy need to do, we are a different club now, one with ambition, one with money and not a sell first. When statdium gets approval will people still be saying Kenwright could have done that.

I won't slag Kenwright off but I understand why people do, but Moshiri has got Everton believing in themselves again, every new signing interview has talked about ambition!!! We are no longer here to make numbers up we are here to compete.

Moshiri has been the catalyst!

I get the cynicism, I do. Sell to buy, buy to sell etc etc.
But after years of selling to buy (and not spending all we've actually brought in by way of sales), I prefer buying to sell as the better option. An all out blitz is a dream. But perhaps not a realistic model.
Time will tell if the books are balanced by the end of this window. Could well be. If thats the case, so be it. The squad, to me, looks like its improving.
Delivery on the stadium is what I'm really looking for him to succeed in. If he can do that and help improve the squad thats got to be a good thing.
We've had bigger net spends under Kenwright than with Moshiri. That's the true test for me: if we spend nothing other than we bring in how can anyone say Moshiri is doing anything other than what his predecessor did?

We've had bigger net spends under Kenwright than with Moshiri. That's the true test for me: if we spend nothing other than we bring in how can anyone say Moshiri is doing anything other than what his predecessor did?
You've got to figure in the price of players now and the inflated sky money, there's nothing to say that we wouldn't have done something similar if Kenwright was still at the helm.

Really, the only thing left I'd like to see (other than signing Messi on a free) is to see Usmanov sell his shares out to Kroenke and then buyout Kenwright's remaining shares.

Erm wages? Or are we in fantasy economic land of money reported on sky in - money reported on sky out? Net spend arguments are embarrassing.

You've got to figure in the price of players now and the inflated sky money, there's nothing to say that we wouldn't have done something similar if Kenwright was still at the helm.
It would defo have been the same if Kenwright was here. Same model. I think that will be demonstrated at the end of the window.

It would defo have been the same if Kenwright was here. Same model. I think that will be demonstrated at the end of the window.
There's no doubt really when you think about it, if you compare them both honestly, the only difference is how Moshiri is intending to pay for the proposed new ground. It's no further along than Kings Dock was in reality.

surely your not dumb enough to think that's the black and white of it ? on running a club ?
As said: if we again have a lowish net spend at the end of the window how are we differing to what went before? Is the commercial arm of the club massively strengthened? Is the club being run by differrent people on a day to day basis? Is a spade in the ground on a stadium build?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back