Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
In the event of Rom being sold for 90m the only way I would like to see a positive net spend is if we spent the lot on his replacement. Don't want to see another 5-6 players come in for the money. That's too much change for one window. I'd rather keep some for for January.
I'd hope for a big money striker as a replacement.

After selling Lukaku for 100M and Barkley and the rest of those likely to move on and have moved on for circa £50M?

Not a chance.
we'll have to agree to disagree on that one ! i take it you do think we are improving now under Moshiri from the lack of trying to rubbish the other points !......or putting your money where ya mouth is regarding whether you think Moshiri will provide a new stadium ?

It'll likely mean the end of Barkley too. Never in a million years would I want to see us lose Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu and replace them with that lot.

Del was a rubbish fit for this league.
Barkley is a strange one. He is wonderful/awful in equal measure. I hope he stays fwiw.
Lukaku is full of his own self importance. He plays with some unbelievable players for Belgium and yet looks no better than here. He goes missing in crunch games.
Again I would like him to stay if he would get his head down and work. I just don't see it.

Keane is a top class signing. Sides above us wanted him. He chose to come here as we showed so much faith in him and have tracked him all season.

Regarding who we have bough. I watched Kanchelskis, Speed and Stuart leave to be replaced by the likes of Farrelly, Mitch Ward, John Oster and 'I fancy a red card card today' Bilic. Now that was a never in a million years trade off!

Just a little titbit.

A mate of mine is a long-term EFC employee. I won't say which bit of the club he works in. Anyway, for years he and his colleagues have had all sorts of ideas and desires to improve what they do and how they do it. Often they have come up against budgetary barriers and not been able to get things done quite to the standard they hoped.

However, since Moshiri came in, and especially recently, this fella says everything has changed. The phrase he keeps hearing around the place is "money is no object" - and they've been able to press on and do loads of stuff they've been waiting years to do. And there's loads more in the pipeline. Basically the message has been that Moshiri wants everything to be the best, and he's willing to pay for it.

Very very exciting.

In the event of Rom being sold for 90m the only way I would like to see a positive net spend is if we spent the lot on his replacement. Don't want to see another 5-6 players come in for the money. That's too much change for one window. I'd rather keep some for for January.

I fear that it is highly unlikely a player in the £90M bracket would consider coming to us at this stage. Players of that calibre want CL. Who knows though, if we can sell the vision (and it's been sold well so far) it could happen.

I mentioned him in regards to his dealings with Everton and Moshiri, you're asking me to go in to some full blown investigation to his past, current and future deals.
I didn't ask you anything, I gave you some advice, and then passed comment on the nads that you posted

Just a little titbit.

A mate of mine is a long-term EFC employee. I won't say which bit of the club he works in. Anyway, for years he and his colleagues have had all sorts of ideas and desires to improve what they do and how they do it. Often they have come up against budgetary barriers and not been able to get things done quite to the standard they hoped.

However, since Moshiri came in, and especially recently, this fella says everything has changed. The phrase he keeps hearing around the place is "money is no object" - and they've been able to press on and do loads of stuff they've been waiting years to do. And there's loads more in the pipeline. Basically the message has been that Moshiri wants everything to be the best, and he's willing to pay for it.

Very very exciting.
Was it behind the bar? Have we got rid of Chang?

Problem would be that only Sandro would be a recognised striker.
Rom is rarely injured so we would need his replacement plus another or 2 to compensate. The whole forward line needs updating. We are in the midst of a rather large rebuilding job. Hopefully the 1st 11 will be sorted come August.

I fear that it is highly unlikely a player in the £90M bracket would consider coming to us at this stage. Players of that calibre want CL. Who knows though, if we can sell the vision (and it's been sold well so far) it could happen.
Agreed. Also them types of players want 200k+ a week which we don't do. Think it proves the point made a few days back that wages are more important than net spend.

Problem would be that only Sandro would be a recognised striker.
Rom is rarely injured so we would need his replacement plus another or 2 to compensate. The whole forward line needs updating. We are in the midst of a rather large rebuilding job. Hopefully the 1st 11 will be sorted come August.
Yes replace whoever goes but just improve other areas. We've improved keeper and defensive options. We've also improved our attacking options as it stands which means we just need to replace Rom & Ross if/when they go. Then we just need to make the bench a bit stronger. I just don't see how we can justify spending another 150m without wasting it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back