Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There is no question about the Lukaku sale. It's done and dusted. You dont actually think £100M is getting spent AND we keep Lukaku do you?

Ha Ha Ha. That's too funny....

Lukaku could slip over in his bathroom this morning and smash his legs to pieces, when he is back in about 15 months time he may never be the same player again. If we needed the cash first we would have sold him first.

I believe the club would be quite happy to keep him for another year, then sell him on for less next year if he still doesn't sign a new contract. That is the difference between new and old Everton.

There is no question about the Lukaku sale. It's done and dusted. You dont actually think £100M is getting spent AND we keep Lukaku do you?

Ha Ha Ha. That's too funny....
You do know that is one brave statement and you will get a barrage of messages if he stays...

Lukaku could slip over in his bathroom this morning and smash his legs to pieces, when he is back in about 15 months time he may never be the same player again. If we needed the cash first we would have sold him first.

I believe the club would be quite happy to keep him for another year, then sell him on for less next year if he still doesn't sign a new contract. That is the difference between new and old Everton.
Indeed, which is why he's swerved answering my question.

We've never spent a fortune on players this early in the window, and before cashing in on an asset, and there was a simple reason for that, we never had the cash.

Everton are the talk of the game at the minute, doing their business early and spending plenty in the process. If you can't feel good about the club at the minute, then you really should give it up, as the game obviously gives you no joy whatsoever.
Feel good about winning cups and getting a CL spot. Talk about lowering the bar of what should be seen as success...paying for a raft of players with cash the club merely gets from selling our two best players.

...if he hasn't already be signed by Chelsea...and i think he has.

Feel good about winning cups and getting a CL spot. Talk about lowering the bar of what should be seen as success...paying for a raft of players with cash the club merely gets from selling our two best players.
Save your faux Super Blue act Dave. Feeling good about the club isn't exclusively reserved for when we lift a pot.

McGeady and Cleverley aren't our best 2 players mate, care to answer my question now?

No one will argue with you there, but to get to that point we have to build up to it. This is what we are doing now. So it's ok to get a little excited too. Might come to nothing mind you but to me that's even more reason to be happy now. We haven't had much of a reason to be in the last 20 odd years.

Plenty of time to get all miserable at somepoint later down the road.

And will Moshiri put this money in his pocket or will we see this getting spent to strengthen even further???
He hasn't taken anything out of his pocket to be remunerated for.

It'll all pretty much balance out in the end.

My belief that we'll see another £20+M net spend is still the likely outcome of this window, IMO.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back