Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Ibra didn't care he won it hey? There's a CL place up for grabs too. Of course players want European footy, despite CL truly being where they want to be.

I didn't say they didn't care about winning it, they don't care about playing in it. Its not something that would attract a player to join a club put it that way.

It's rubbish as it should be a big deal but that's modern football for you.

I didn't say they didn't care about winning it, they don't care about playing in it. Its not something that would attract a player to join a club put it that way.

I think Europa football is more attractive than none to players, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Probably when players mention it, it's just lip service?

I think Europa football is more attractive than none to players, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Probably when players mention it, it's just lip service?

Ther's no way players do not give a tuss about EL. If they don't care about EL in theory they won't care about domestic cups either. It does not make sense.

Yeah I'd agree with this. Beyond the prepared media soundbites, I don't think anyone joins a club because one of the things they can offer is an EL game.

Ther's no way players do not give a tuss about EL. If they don't care about EL in theory they won't care about domestic cups either. It does not make sense.

They don't though. Its nice to win it if you can but its not a draw in attracting a player. Nobody is joining Everton so they can play a Thursday night game against Hadjuk Split. To be honest I dont think most players are even bothered about playing in the Champions League. Of course you get the big games against massive clubs which will be nice but realistically playing in the Champions League really means I want to pay for a rich club who will pay me loads because thats what a regular CL qualifier who does well can provide. The Europa does not provide that. Most players would probably prefer Thursday night off than traipsing over to Kazakstan or wherever.

They don't though. Its nice to win it if you can but its not a draw in attracting a player. Nobody is joining Everton so they can play a Thursday night game against Hadjuk Split. To be honest I dont think most players are even bothered about playing in the Champions League. Of course you get the big games against massive clubs which will be nice but realistically playing in the Champions League really means I want to pay for a rich club who will pay me loads because thats what a regular CL qualifier who does well can provide. The Europa does not provide that. Most players would probably prefer Thursday night off than traipsing over to Kazakstan or wherever.

The debate about the merits of the continental competition is a familiar one at Tottenham, who once again find themselves playing solely to qualify for a tournament they may not want to be in.

Mauricio Pochettino was unusually frank about the drawbacks of the Europa League in his press conference on Thursday, stating it is “very difficult to manage the Europa League with the Premier League and both cups” and suggesting the only benefit is “because it is good for the financial side of the club”.

Eriksen agrees the tournament undermines a top-four challenge, and concedes his boss faces an unenviable task when it comes to managing his resources to keep Spurs competing strongly in England’s top flight and abroad.

However, the former Ajax man says he would have thought twice about joining Tottenham if they had missed out on a European spot two years ago.

“I’d rather play in Europe than nothing,” said the Danish midfielder. “Of course there are many games but if you have a big squad like we have I think it shouldn’t be a disappointment to play in Europe. A lot of players want to be in Europe.

“Is it a factor when it comes to signing players? I think so, it would be for me personally. I don’t know if it is for anybody else but I think so. Of course that will probably help the team and the club as well [if we qualify].

“I always wanted to play in Europe, to be seen there or in the Premier League, so it was a big chance and for me it was a good thing.

“Does it help you to finish in the top four if you’re not in Europe? Yes of course it does. I heard we’re one of the teams that has played the most games. But you only get better from playing so I don’t see an issue in playing. At the beginning of the year we can probably count that but later in the year we hope we’ll go to win it.”

Then your view will apply to the domestic cups too. In fact, money is the only incentive which I don't agree. But fair enough you stand by your view.

Honestly I have some concerns. He hasn't actually put any money into the team. More Sky money than ever and he has to be still relying on selling our star players to buy anyone.

Stones, Lukaku and likely Barkley gone within a year. We're run exactly the same as when Kenwright was in charge. The only difference being that Kenwright actually had the best interests of this club at heart.

Honestly I have some concerns. He hasn't actually put any money into the team. More Sky money than ever and he has to be still relying on selling our star players to buy anyone.

Stones, Lukaku and likely Barkley gone within a year. We're run exactly the same as when Kenwright was in charge. The only difference being that Kenwright actually had the best interests of this club at heart.
Moshiri could still prove us all wrong and spend a fortune before Sep 1st.

Can't see it though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back