Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

At a price. The club's assets are not its own. And (as we've discussed on numerous occasions) 40 years is a long time and external conditions WILL change.

They will change, of course. And in a way, I understand your misgivings. But, if it ever got to the stage where the club couldnt afford the pretty low repayments, (Sigi was 10 years of them before wages), then Everton would be in Div 3 anyrate, or football would be a busted flush globally.

On balance, I reckon its a considered risk.

They will change, of course. And in a way, I understand your misgivings. But, if it ever got to the stage where the club couldnt afford the pretty low repayments, (Sigi was 10 years of them before wages), then Everton would be in Div 3 anyrate, or football would be a busted flush globally.

On balance, I reckon its a considered risk.
It's a judgement call, I suppose. It depends on how stable you see the club and the industry. But generally speaking having a mountain of debt overhanging the club for decades isn't a great thing. We needed a commercial partner for this. We'll get a naming rights deal, of course.

It's a judgement call, I suppose. It depends on how stable you see the club and the industry. But generally speaking having a mountain of debt overhanging the club for decades isn't a great thing. We needed a commercial partner for this. We'll get a naming rights deal, of course.

It is a judgement call. But as I have said for months, the stadium is lift off for LCC/Liverpool Waters. Hence the ridiculously low repayment deal on the SPV thing. (That wont fund the whole thing anyrate, but it will give other players confidence to lob some eggs in the cake).

Then there is debt, and debt. Debt for EFC in our current situation, (Koeman/league all that notwithstanding), is a bad thing. He has effectively removed that from the balance sheet.

Debt with long term, "cheap" repayment vehicle, but with a sparkling iconic ground underpinning it, is way better.

Not perfect granted, but better.

Yip.

@davek is usually ahead of the curve.

Ignore his warnings at your peril.
200w.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

It is a judgement call. But as I have said for months, the stadium is lift off for LCC/Liverpool Waters. Hence the ridiculously low repayment deal on the SPV thing. (That wont fund the whole thing anyrate, but it will give other players confidence to lob some eggs in the cake).

Then there is debt, and debt. Debt for EFC in our current situation, (Koeman/league all that notwithstanding), is a bad thing. He has effectively removed that from the balance sheet.

Debt with long term, "cheap" repayment vehicle, but with a sparkling iconic ground underpinning it, is way better.

Not perfect granted, but better.
Conditions (of contracts) can change. Other players might insist on it.

My gut reaction is that its a massive project that sounds easy when you quickly say "small, manageable repayments each year".

I have a feeling the deal will be revisited before any spade goes in the ground.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back