Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What's your share? Cry arsing from afar whilst Moshiri oversees our biggest ever summer spend, our biggest ever net spend, our biggest ever sponsorship deals and unless he's lying to us (which no one has any proof) a new stadium on the way. All inside 18 months, but yeah, fraud.

Gross spend isn't particularly relevant. Net spend would have been negative if he'd got Barkley out the door too. He's sold our best 2 players in Stones and Lukaku. Barkley will be gone too in January. He's not replaced them adequately. He's not given his manager the necessary tools in two successive summer windows. His appointment at manager looks to be unravelling, albeit after a decent season last time. His appointment of Walsh has been a disaster. His decision to keep BK and Elstone in has been just dead weird and idiotic. Especially allowing Bill to do transfers even though he's seen as a joke figure. Sponsorship has improved but is miles behind even West Ham. Stadium will happen imo because that's why he's here. Unfortunately that's the only reason he's here because he's a glorified property developer.

Gross spend isn't particularly relevant. Net spend would have been negative if he'd got Barkley out the door too. He's sold our best 2 players in Stones and Lukaku. Barkley will be gone too in January. He's not replaced them adequately. He's not given his manager the necessary tools in two successive summer windows. His appointments at manager looks to be unravelling, albeit after a decent season last time. His appointment of Walsh has been a disaster. His decision to keep BK and Elstone in has been just dead weird and idiotic. Especially allowing Bill to do transfers even though he's seen as a joke figure. Sponsorship has improved but is miles behind even West Ham. Stadium will happen imo because that's why he's here. Unfortunately that's the only reason he's here because he's a glorified property developer.
His appointment of Walsh has been a disaster? After 7 games this season you're writing off the 10 youngsters brought into the u23's and the 7-8 first teamers?

Barkley would've resulted in a negative net spend? I thought the offer accepted was £25m, I'd suggest you go and learn basic math. (Don't forget the huges increase in annual wages)

It's not his decision to keep Kenwright, he doesn't own Kenwrights shares.

Stones was in no way one of our two best players. I like Stones a lot, but let's not make things up to glorify an argument.

Rather than bitching about what he has done, why don't you say exactly what he should've done with your brilliant football business mind.

Whilst I'm at it, if you're going to throw in the Barkley argument, then am I allowed to throw in the Giroud argument? Because it's as clear as day from all parties that we (Everton) thought that deal was going to get done. What would that if done for the net spend argument?

His appointment of Walsh has been a disaster? After 7 games this season you're writing off the 10 youngsters brought into the u23's and the 7-8 first teamers?

You said it, they're ten youngsters and not anything like the type of player he was bringing into Leicester who were first team ready.
Barkley would've resulted in a negative net spend? I thought the offer accepted was £25m, I'd suggest you go and learn basic math. (Don't forget the huges increase in annual wages)

...plus Niasse he tried to get shut of.

It's his decision to leave him in as chairman though isn't it?
Rather than bitching about what he has done, why don't you say exactly what he should've done with your brilliant football business mind.

@ToffeeTim is not the one who said he'd change us into a superpower though is he? Why are you asking him to do what a billionaire who apparently knows what he's doing cant do?[/QUOTE]

If we knew when he came in that he would have:

Sold Stones
Sold Lukaku
Sold Deulofeu
Accepted a bid for Barkley

There would have been uproar.

Absolute fraud.

Moshiri is a bluffer of the highest order.I just hope that he's not a Randy Lerner type.Maybe it's for the best that Bill Kenwright has him on a leash.I just get the impression that Moshiri is one of those crazy senile eccentric types.

Stones was in no way one of our two best players. I like Stones a lot, but let's not make things up to glorify an argument.

Whilst I'm at it, if you're going to throw in the Barkley argument, then am I allowed to throw in the Giroud argument? Because it's as clear as day from all parties that we (Everton) thought that deal was going to get done. What would that if done for the net spend argument?

Bar Idrissa Gueye our recruitment has been shambolic. Walsh is in control of this so he is mainly responsible. There's no planning, no style, no blend. Just throw a ton of money at average players and hope for the best. SACK.

Barkley has behaved poorly all summer. I'd be happy to see him reconsider but I think that's extremely unlikely so we should get rid. What concerned me though was the disgust from Moshiri at losing out on the 35m fee (not sure where you plucked 25m from?). It's almost like FM is only interested in making his money back :oops:

It's entirely Moshiri's decision to keep BK as chairman and decide what remit he has. FM also has options to buy all his shares. The fact he hasn't is peculiar. But not when you realise he's basically a short term owner here as a property developer. Keeping his shares at 49.9% makes the exit strategy much simpler.

Stones is top class. Easily the best English centre half. Playing superbly for city. He was easily the second best player at the club. I'm sure you'd agree that it's mental to write off any defender being coached by Roberto Martinez, or indeed any defender trying to do his job with that utter liability Bravo behind him?

What should he have done?

He should have kept our best players, especially Lukaku. Losing him on a free in 2 years time should have been an option for a truly ambitious (and rich) owner.

He should have removed BK and Elstone instantly. He should have placed commercial experts on the board. He should have sacked anyone failing in recruitment. If that's Walsh then sack him. If it's someone else then sack them. If it's due to a poor relationship between SW & RK then be decisive and remove one or both. He also should have been ruthless after Burnley and said this is unacceptable by sacking the manager. He already cost us a great chance of a trophy by keeping EL Fraudo after the Anfield abomination. He should have, above all, learned some basic PR skills and stopped making us a laughing stock in the media. This Jim White nonsense is disgraceful and not befitting of a club like Everton. We aren't West Ham. We have class. And you can't bluff Everton fans in any case.

As for Giroud, doesn't appear to be a phantom bid but surely it was clear early on that we were not getting him. Where was the contingency? Why did Walsh have no other suitable candidates. The striker situation is unacceptable and the fact no one has paid for it shows the complete lack of ambition at the club. It's pathetic and we've another 3 months of garbage to put up with. And DCLs development is being wrecked too inadvertently as we are forced to rely on him when no other big club would be left in this situation. It's unfair on the kid and just extremely poor.

I think I covered everything there lol

He's the worst asset stripper ever. We just spent £50m more that we brought in and that's not even considering the sizeable increase in the weekly wage bill.

If Barkley had signed for Chelsea as Moshiri expected, and confirmed his disappointment at this not happening via his call to his mate White on live TV we would have spent £15 mil ... what I find odd is that at the 11th hour we were trying to sell rather than trying to buy

I agree over the increased wages and have not calculated how much of an increase there has been, when compared to wages of players
moved on.

If Barkley had signed for Chelsea as Moshiri expected, and confirmed his disappointment at this not happening via his call to his mate White on live TV we would have spent £15 mil ... what I find odd is that at the 11th hour we were trying to sell rather than trying to buy

I agree over the increased wages and have not calculated how much of an increase there has been, when compared to wages of players
moved on.
If Giroud had signed for Everton...

It's funny that you think that him selling a player that wants out, whose value is also diminishing makes him a fraud. What should he have done? Not sold him to satisfy some little bed wetters on the internet? lol I'd say that'd make him more of a fraud.

I remember a time we sold Arteta and only then brought in Drenthe on loan. But Everton spending £50m more than they receive makes him a fraud because of who he could have sold HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bar Idrissa Gueye our recruitment has been shambolic. Walsh is in control of this so he is mainly responsible. There's no planning, no style, no blend. Just throw a ton of money at average players and hope for the best. SACK.

Barkley has behaved poorly all summer. I'd be happy to see him reconsider but I think that's extremely unlikely so we should get rid. What concerned me though was the disgust from Moshiri at losing out on the 35m fee (not sure where you plucked 25m from?). It's almost like FM is only interested in making his money back :oops:

It's entirely Moshiri's decision to keep BK as chairman and decide what remit he has. FM also has options to buy all his shares. The fact he hasn't is peculiar. But not when you realise he's basically a short term owner here as a property developer. Keeping his shares at 49.9% makes the exit strategy much simpler.

Stones is top class. Easily the best English centre half. Playing superbly for city. He was easily the second best player at the club. I'm sure you'd agree that it's mental to write off any defender being coached by Roberto Martinez, or indeed any defender trying to do his job with that utter liability Bravo behind him?

What should he have done?

He should have kept our best players, especially Lukaku. Losing him on a free in 2 years time should have been an option for a truly ambitious (and rich) owner.

He should have removed BK and Elstone instantly. He should have placed commercial experts on the board. He should have sacked anyone failing in recruitment. If that's Walsh then sack him. If it's someone else then sack them. If it's due to a poor relationship between SW & RK then be decisive and remove one or both. He also should have been ruthless after Burnley and said this is unacceptable by sacking the manager. He already cost us a great chance of a trophy by keeping EL Fraudo after the Anfield abomination. He should have, above all, learned some basic PR skills and stopped making us a laughing stock in the media. This Jim White nonsense is disgraceful and not befitting of a club like Everton. We aren't West Ham. We have class. And you can't bluff Everton fans in any case.

As for Giroud, doesn't appear to be a phantom bid but surely it was clear early on that we were not getting him. Where was the contingency? Why did Walsh have no other suitable candidates. The striker situation is unacceptable and the fact no one has paid for it shows the complete lack of ambition at the club. It's pathetic and we've another 3 months of garbage to put up with. And DCLs development is being wrecked too inadvertently as we are forced to rely on him when no other big club would be left in this situation. It's unfair on the kid and just extremely poor.

I think I covered everything there lol
So you have wrote off all the Summers recruitment after 7 games? Hahahaha

Saying that you'd lose lose a £90m player for free shows your mindset. This isn't FIFA or Football manager. That'd be completely clueless, also consider what Lukaku was promised and the 2 dire years he put up with and stay under that clueless waster Martinez.

You've done nothing but say "SELL" in various Barkley threads, now you'd do your best to keep him? You're all over the place.

How often in football do players stay at clubs and it work out for the better, when they're desperate to leave?

Commercial experts? Like you have a clue on the new financial deals we've entered into. Tyre companies, betting companies, APP companies, Steel companies.... the list continues, but Toffee tim isn't happy with our commercial approach lollol

"What is concerning is that he seemed angry to be losing £35m"
absolutely laguable. All I can say is thank god you don't run this club, you'd have us in administration before I can say Martinez is a fraud.

Imagine being annoyed at someone being annoyed at losing £35m in business.

Hahahaha

I had hoped Mosh would have backed up all the hype with a marquee signing to wake up the masses but instead we've flogged our best two players and don't look any closer to winning anything.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back