Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The week in the life of an Evertonian:

Saturday: Major shareholder announced
Sunday: Liverpool lose in the final
Monday: Besic new deal
Tuesday: Batter Villa
Wednesday: Shareholder confirmed with the FA
Thursday: Big players speak about exciting future at Everton
Friday: Plans announced
Saturday: Party at Goodison

Tuesday: Villa humble us 3-0 to begin their unlikely relegation fight
Wednesday: FA defies takeover due to conflicting interests
Thursday: Lukaku announces publicly he wishes to leave Everton
Friday: Kenwright releases statement apologising to Everton fans
Saturday: West Ham continue our woeful home form with a 5-0 victory at Goodison

Just kidding. :) Can't wait for it all to be announced and official! :)

Also, here's a better picture of Sheeva

upload_2016-3-1_10-31-1.webp

Everton: What do the Premier League need to ratify about Moshiri's deal?
How Blues will bring billionaire investor to Goodison
JS69695839.jpg

A general view of Goodison Park (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)

Everton are waiting on the Premier League to rubber stamp the deal which will bring a billionaire investor to Goodison.

Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri has agreed to buy a 49.9% stake in the Blues but needs the nod from the League before making if official.

Moshiri is fully expected to pass the Owners' and Directors' Test, a checklist the Premier League goes through before ratifying a deal of this nature, and have his place at Everton confirmed in the next day or so.

So what is on the list?
  • For Moshiri's purchase of nearly half the shares at Everton to go through, the authority must check he has no influence at any other club or own shares in another team. The 60-year-old did have a 15% stake in Arsenal until Friday, when he sold his shares to business partner Alisher Usmanov to pave the way for his switch to the Blues.
  • Moshiri, who has made his reported ??1.3bn fortune mainly through investing in Russian steel and mining companies, also cannot fall foul of the Company Directors Disqualification Act of 1986 and have been prohibited by law from being a company director.
  • The Premier League's list also states that for Moshiri to take his place on the Everton board then he cannot be the subject of such things as debt relief orders, administration orders or debt management schemes.

Everton Investment: Farhad Moshiri set for 49.9% stake in club
Who calls the shots at Everton now? Moshiri to buy 49.9% stake in Blues Earl sells stake in Blues Greg O'Keeffe comment Fans react to Moshiri investment Who is Farhad Moshiri? Shareholders welcome 'exciting' news Middle Eastern billionaire bid Video reaction from our writers What the media have said What can Everton expect? Joe Anderson welcomes deal David Prentice comment More questions than answers
What do Premier League need to ratify?

• A potential new director also cannot have been a director of a club who have suffered two or more insolvencies, which have led to the deduction of points.
  • The extensive test insists the applicant must not be under a ban from UK Sport, Sport England or any other relevant national or international association.
  • Premier League rules on these matters also dictates that the person wanting to be ratified as a director cannot have breached rules on betting in football, for example.
The full list can be found here: http://www.premierleague.com/conten...handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2015-16.pdf

Tuesday: Villa humble us 3-0 to begin their unlikely relegation fight
Wednesday: FA defies takeover due to conflicting interests
Thursday: Lukaku announces publicly he wishes to leave Everton
Friday: Kenwright releases statement apologising to Everton fans
Saturday: West Ham continue our woeful home form with a 5-0 victory at Goodison

Just kidding. :) Can't wait for it all to be announced and official! :)

That actually looks more realistic than the original (please God do it right this time Everton )

Everton: What do the Premier League need to ratify about Moshiri's deal?
How Blues will bring billionaire investor to Goodison
JS69695839.jpg

A general view of Goodison Park (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)

Everton are waiting on the Premier League to rubber stamp the deal which will bring a billionaire investor to Goodison.

Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri has agreed to buy a 49.9% stake in the Blues but needs the nod from the League before making if official.

Moshiri is fully expected to pass the Owners' and Directors' Test, a checklist the Premier League goes through before ratifying a deal of this nature, and have his place at Everton confirmed in the next day or so.

So what is on the list?
  • For Moshiri's purchase of nearly half the shares at Everton to go through, the authority must check he has no influence at any other club or own shares in another team. The 60-year-old did have a 15% stake in Arsenal until Friday, when he sold his shares to business partner Alisher Usmanov to pave the way for his switch to the Blues.
  • Moshiri, who has made his reported ??1.3bn fortune mainly through investing in Russian steel and mining companies, also cannot fall foul of the Company Directors Disqualification Act of 1986 and have been prohibited by law from being a company director.
  • The Premier League's list also states that for Moshiri to take his place on the Everton board then he cannot be the subject of such things as debt relief orders, administration orders or debt management schemes.

Everton Investment: Farhad Moshiri set for 49.9% stake in club
Who calls the shots at Everton now? Moshiri to buy 49.9% stake in Blues Earl sells stake in Blues Greg O'Keeffe comment Fans react to Moshiri investment Who is Farhad Moshiri? Shareholders welcome 'exciting' news Middle Eastern billionaire bid Video reaction from our writers What the media have said What can Everton expect? Joe Anderson welcomes deal David Prentice comment More questions than answers
What do Premier League need to ratify?

• A potential new director also cannot have been a director of a club who have suffered two or more insolvencies, which have led to the deduction of points.
  • The extensive test insists the applicant must not be under a ban from UK Sport, Sport England or any other relevant national or international association.
  • Premier League rules on these matters also dictates that the person wanting to be ratified as a director cannot have breached rules on betting in football, for example.
The full list can be found here: http://www.premierleague.com/conten...handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2015-16.pdf
Then there's nothing really to worry about?

A Very interesting take and perspective on the matter @The Esk, i know it's just your own opinion and such but a few counter arguments to what you said.

Kroenke will not let go of control of Arsenal, additionally he has stated numerous times he sees it as something he will leave to his children when the time comes, he rose to cpontrol of Arsenal primarily due to the backing of the then board being an opposition to Usmanov, since taking control he has kept Usmanov on the outside and rebuffed time after time any attempt for him to take any form of control or influence at the club, I don't see that situation EVER changing

Usmanov has clearly stated he wants control - by words and his actions, eventually won't there come a point that he relaises it will never happen at Arsenal - at that point why would he stay at the club knowing every attempt he can make will be futile?

Now for my own conspiracy theory take on things.

Usmanov and Moshiri could not invest or take ownership in any club whilst co owning 30% of Arsenal via red and white holdings, by selling one to the other they have basically freed one of them up to come into a club and start the groundwork for the others arrival, in terms of gaining control and not facing a situation ala happened at Arsenal, in order to raise the profile, start the ground move/redevelopment and in order to give the other party time to fetch the maximum price for their stake in Arsenal (or potentially make one last serious push at gaining control)

I'm betting that the price per share of Moshiri buying us compared to the price per share if it was Usminov coming in would be significantly larger

The track rtecord of Usmanov and Moshiri is one of working together for nigh on 25 years? both have the same aim - to have control of the direction of a club - but they share the same vision of how that could be done - as evidenced by their open letter to Arsenal of 4 years ago, I don't see one acting compltely independant of the other. Also i think the American interest kind of forced there hand from sitting and waiting for the situation to fully resolve itself at Arsenal one way or the other - with us as a contingency plan for them, to havign to act now - hence the quick sale of Moshiris half of red and white holdings and purchase of us.

Be interested to hear your take on what i have posted mate

Interesting theories mate.

I think Kroenke is going to come under huge pressure this summer if Arsenal just end up with their usual CL spot and nothing else. This will be compounded if Spurs win the Premier League which has to be a serious possibility (yes I know Spurs have a habit of blowing up but this is their best chance since the mid 80's with us).

Kroenke will have to decide what to do with Wenger who as you know stubbornly persists with his own theories.

Arsenal have from memory £170 million in cash sitting in their financial reserves - the fans who pay more than any other fans are starting to get restless.

Something has to give at Arsenal and Usmanov just has to continue the waiting game. He's under no pressure at all, all the pressure is on Kroenke and his Board. So, frustrating as it is, Usmanov will not be selling something he wishes to hold for generations also.

I suspect Usmanov and Moshiri envisage a day when they both control a club each, rather than both bail out of prime, prime property at Arsenal.

The closing of Moshiri's acquisition of 49.9% at Everton does appear a little rushed at the end, but that's more to do with matters at Everton than Arsenal or R&W.

Interesting times. We should rejoice though in having Moshiri :)

It'll be interesting to see how public and transparent Moshiri is with the fans.

Hopefully as soon as the PL confirm the share purchase that there's an interview and an article on the OS with him outlining his plans, vision and what he expects of the club both on and off the pitch.
I'd be surprised if there's much, if any interaction with the fans. Why should there be?

Given some of the dodgy dealers that have passed the suitable to own test, I can't see this being a problem.

And what's this about Moshiri buying a Swedish volleyball team?

Interesting theories mate.

I think Kroenke is going to come under huge pressure this summer if Arsenal just end up with their usual CL spot and nothing else. This will be compounded if Spurs win the Premier League which has to be a serious possibility (yes I know Spurs have a habit of blowing up but this is their best chance since the mid 80's with us).

Kroenke will have to decide what to do with Wenger who as you know stubbornly persists with his own theories.

Arsenal have from memory £170 million in cash sitting in their financial reserves - the fans who pay more than any other fans are starting to get restless.

Something has to give at Arsenal and Usmanov just has to continue the waiting game. He's under no pressure at all, all the pressure is on Kroenke and his Board. So, frustrating as it is, Usmanov will not be selling something he wishes to hold for generations also.

I suspect Usmanov and Moshiri envisage a day when they both control a club each, rather than both bail out of prime, prime property to Arsenal.

The closing of Moshiri's acquisition of 49.9% at Everton does appear a little rushed at the end, but that's more to do with matters at Everton than Arsenal or R&W.

Interesting times. We should rejoice though in having Moshiri :)

As you say mate, Interesting times, and good times ahead

Be interesting to watch what eventually happens at Arsenal 1-3 years down the line, as it will reach a tipping point i believe for one or the other, and thought provoking to get another persons take on the matter, how it pans out only time will tell.

Either way I'm just bloody well happy we have a new owner now who is knowledgable about the game, been involved in the game at the highest level, has a vision, a plan, contacts and well lets face it has money too which helps ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back