Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
But Giroud was not on Merseyside having a medical..... the emphasis was on `sell` .... Koeman gave an interview to the Guardian stating that
the club would make a statement by keeping our star players .... we had them sold 3 months prior to the window opening and could not get a replacement. Koeman stated on at least two occassions the players he needed, Moshiri passed the buck saying `it is his team now`....

I am happy for you that our billionaire (Iranian Mike Ashley) has pleased you so much by spending about 15 million more than Burnley
`nothing will ever be the same` ................

Everton 'net spend' £54.4 million, Burnley net spend minus £15 million. We 'spent' £69.4 million more than Burnley. Do the maths,baby!

I take your point Tim, and I apologised earlier for the term I used, and admitted it may have been a little unfair
However it is an opinion based upon player trading and dissapointment in general, on how the club is run. And also were we find ourselves
in the league table.

An opinion based on player trading & where we are in the league table!?!?

Jesus Christ.

I take your point Tim, and I apologised earlier for the term I used, and admitted it may have been a little unfair
However it is an opinion based upon player trading and dissapointment in general, on how the club is run. And also were we find ourselves
in the league table.

The club lack vision and ambition and even if that wasn't the case, then there is a complete lack of the skills needed to follow through on any ambition in any case.

Even when we do spend money it seems to be on completely the wrong players. I can't understand how Moshiri hasn't binned off Walsh for the shambolic signings we've made. He's done footballing supermarket sweep.

Everton 'net spend' £54.4 million, Burnley net spend minus £15 million. We 'spent' £69.4 million more than Burnley. Do the maths,baby!
You need to give that advice on maths to the manager then, because he believes we spent just £10M more than Huddersfield this summer.

How about you provide some sort of actual evidence that asset stripping is taking place?

Why? I do not have to, it is my opinion, I am sorry if it upsets you so much
We `appear` to be selling our better players and saddling the club with huge debt re the stadium
I agreed earlier that wages have increased slightly, however this was not what I envisaged for the club when Moshiri bought in
The whole Moshiri involvement seems strange ........

We `appear` to be selling our better players and saddling the club with huge debt re the stadium
I agreed earlier that wages have increased slightly, however this was not what I envisaged for the club when Moshiri bought in

But how can you hold that opinion when there's no evidence to give you a reason to have it?

Ahhhh the old accounts viewing line, firstly I doubt you have read them page by page, and surely you know it is much more complex than that

You are entitled to an opinion, as am I, but I clearly present my opinion as that, `an opinion` whereas you claim yours as `fact` .....

Eddy, you've made an assertion that I don't even think you fully understand

Everton football club has not suffered asset stripping by Moshiri. As he's not taken a bean out ffs so what's been 'stripped' exactly?, and he's chucked £80m of his own cash at the balance sheet, hardly the hallmark of an asset stripper.

In short you're chatting bubbles - fact.

You can't accuse someone of asset stripping the club when the factual evidence i.e. the accounts shows that's simply not the case.

"It's my opinion" means jack, as all you've done is throw out an unsubstantiated accusation that has no basis in fact whatsoever.

It used to wind me up when people who didn't have a scoob about how businesses work used to throw the same accusation at Kenwright, who for all his many faults didn't take a bean out of the club when he was the majority shareholder.

CASH FROM SALES
Despite being among the big spenders this season, Everton received the most income from player sales with £109.75m - primarily from Lukaku's move to Manchester United.

The Toffees also offloaded Gerard Deulofeu to Barcelona for £10.5m, Tom Cleverley to Watford for £8m and Gareth Barry switched to West Brom for £1m.

Other spendthrift clubs included Everton (£152.9m), Liverpool (£89.5m) and Tottenham (£61.4m).

BURNLEY NET SPEND: -£15.2MILLION

152.9 - 109.75 = net spend 43.15 mil....... Barkley £35 mil but changed his mind last minute at the medical in London, as per Jim White+ Mosh = 8.15 mil net, if Barkley had left as Moshiri clearly wanted him to ......

23.35 million higher spend than Burnley apologies Steve for my earlier mistake quoting 15 million ...............

Eddy, you've made an assertion that I don't even think you fully understand

Everton football club has not suffered asset stripping by Moshiri. As he's not taken a bean out ffs so what's been 'stripped' exactly?, and he's chucked £80m of his own cash at the balance sheet, hardly the hallmark of an asset stripper.

In short you're chatting bubbles - fact.

you mean the interest only .... `loan` .... FACT

But how can you hold that opinion when there's no evidence to give you a reason to have it?

We sold our best players with more to go in Jan seems to be our business model as in the past

We are financing the stadium with loans, it is my opinion we are saddling the club with huge debt surely this is enough to form an opinion

you mean the interest only .... `loan` .... FACT

You mean the interest free loan that has no repayment schedule, that one?

How does a bloke sticking £80m of his own dosh on the balance sheet correlate with an asset stripper? In your own time....

Oh and btw he only owns half of the club so he can't do anything other than have that cash as a loan on the balance sheet at present as he can't convert it to equity ffs.

You mean the interest free loan that has no repayment schedule, that one?

How does a bloke sticking £80m of his own dosh on the balance sheet correlate with an asset stripper? In your own time....

Oh and btw he only owns half of the club so he can't do anything other than have that cash as a loan on the balance sheet at present as he can't convert it to equity ffs.

A loan non the less. He also has an option to buy the remaining shares but has chosen not to. I never claimed to know the financial infrastructure
and complexity of the clubs accounts, that was you...... I merely offered an opinion that seems to have upset you somewhat

A loan non the less. He also has an option to buy the remaining shares but has chosen not to. I never claimed to know the financial infrastructure
and complexity of the clubs accounts, that was you...... I merely offered an opinion that seems to have upset you somewhat

The key missing word is... Yet.
Think you may find that his option on additional share acquisition will happen once planning permission etc has been granted for BMD.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back