Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Isn't this as simple as Blue and Red ? This guy wanted to play in the Red pond, couldn't, then settled for the poorer Blue pond. Which means to me, he doesn't give a wee wee about Everton at all.....its just an investment to him. Might as well be some sheik buying up horses in Louisville. As an Everton fan, I can still remember Fellani and the munky bunch beating Arsenal.....I celebrated like it was 1999.....Barca and Man U beating Arsenal this past week ? Still celebrating like it was yesterday. I can't celebrate enough watching that mook of a club and their idiotic, anti-semitic fan base lose. So, how do you get told to be on your way by the Reds and THEN decide on lowly old and decrepit CF known as Everton ? Sounds like this guy should have been up the road a bit settling on with the Red Sox Owners of the Liverspots.

tim

Think you need go take some tablets mate else will be time to put your tin foil hat back on again you utter, utter melt

Isn't this as simple as Blue and Red ? This guy wanted to play in the Red pond, couldn't, then settled for the poorer Blue pond. Which means to me, he doesn't give a wee wee about Everton at all.....its just an investment to him. Might as well be some sheik buying up horses in Louisville. As an Everton fan, I can still remember Fellani and the munky bunch beating Arsenal.....I celebrated like it was 1999.....Barca and Man U beating Arsenal this past week ? Still celebrating like it was yesterday. I can't celebrate enough watching that mook of a club and their idiotic, anti-semitic fan base lose. So, how do you get told to be on your way by the Reds and THEN decide on lowly old and decrepit CF known as Everton ? Sounds like this guy should have been up the road a bit settling on with the Red Sox Owners of the Liverspots.

tim
You need to get a life mate.

tim
Stick to rounders mate.

tim

Hello mate, how do you think your lot will get on tomorrow?

Couldn't agree more. Under kenwrights tenure, we have seen expectations 'watered down' where a top 10 finish and a good cup run is deemed successful. Moshiri won't accept this and nor should the fans. There is pressure on not only Martinez, but all elements of the club in particular the commercial team to raise their game. Mediocrity is not acceptable anymore, they will know what the consequences mean.

Maybe NSNO will have "or you're out da door" after it?

With 9/10 new owners coming in I'd be somewhere between a bit worried or nervous to absolutely terrified about what may happen mate, this is one of those rare people that in business terms is blue chip, business background, love of the sport, stated intentions and goals he has within the sport for a club he has control in (evidenced by the Arsenal open letter), everything about him is top class and checks out (won't lie that the Usimov carrot dangling adds a certain what if possibility about the future as well) but even if nothing ever comes from that, I am a very happy bunny right now

About time some pressure came on the players/management as well, been far too many years this club has been effectively a job for life if you wanted it on both counts

P.S. Have the strangest feeling we will see when it is finally announced about the stadium and what we will do, something that blows us all away (Kind of a Kings dock V2 but with a owner who realises the importance)

The owner we had realised the importance, the only thing he couldn't realise, was the cash to do it.

tim

Obvious WUM is obvious

Because of the Arsenal connection there is a temptation to think of Usanov and Moshiri as a couple in strictly business terms.
However, I think that to continue the analogy there has been an amicable separation and both parties are now free to live their own lives.

What happens next depends on the ambitions that Moshiri has for the club.
He brings a level of wealth to the club that we previously only dreamed about. However , to buy the previous share holders, build a new stadium and invest enough money in the team to make us very competitive will probably cost in total seven hundred million.

If the ambition of Moshiri is to make Everton a really big club then he probably needs to get other investors in to spend that level of money.

Sounds to me like he's done his homework on us and realises the rich history we have in the game, we are a very prestigious club that have fallen on hard times the last 20 years.

This club is special, the amount of players that come here and say it is staggering, players who have no affinity with us end up leaving as fans.

Once we get a new stadium sorted with this fella behind us, we are back in the game, properly, we dominated the RS upto the 70's, they've had a cycle, now comes our turn again.

Correct. I'm really looking forward to you lot dominating the RS.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back