Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think thats more him being peeved off with the manner Sissoko screwed us at the last moment and tried to "save face"

As I said the only comment that he deserves to be pulled apart on is that "expected losses"

Seriously what do you folks want? How much money has Saints billionaire owners pumped in the club? How about WBA's who are wealthier than Moshiri? Ir newcastle? Palace with 2x billionaire American owners?

He's put money in the club and making the stadium move happen (not fully there yet admittedly). It'll never be enough for idiots who expect every takeover to be a Man City which is never happening again as Man City are owned by a country not a person - get that through your head lads.

Im critical of the club as much as anyone, but our fans on social media lately appear to either be wind up merchants or genuinely doom mongers on everything Everton.

I'm with you mate, I think fans can get too riled up, just saying that Moshiri has come out with some very spurious quotes in the past so when he starts talking about voodoos influencing multi-million pound contracts, you do scratch your heard and wonder.

Voodoo is a form of black magic.

This is a discussinon I didn’t think I’d ever have on GOT.

And the location mentioned in the article is literally on the opposite side of the country to Kinshasa, where Lukaku's father comes from. A country many times the size of the UK.

If Lukaku said it, he was almost certainly on the wind up. This idea that because he has African heritage his family are probably into Voodoo is, at best, ignorance.

Lukaku is a practising catholic. His family ties are to Central Africa (Congo), whereas Voodoo (in Africa) is mainly associated with Western Africa. Although it's origins are in Africa, it is just as likely to be associated with South America, parts of the Caribbean and even a Southern US state.
I've done a little bit about the impact of Catholicism in Africa, and often it is intertwined with traditional beliefs e.g. spirits and magic. I've specifically looked at the Kongo (not quite the modern day version but the cultures are similar) and this is very apparent.

I'm with you mate, I think fans can get too riled up, just saying that Moshiri has come out with some very spurious quotes in the past so when he starts talking about voodoos influencing multi-million pound contracts, you do scratch your heard and wonder.

I think our fans give other fans ammunition to take the pee out of us constantly tbh. If Lukaku said that then he's the moron not Moshiri as far as im concerned but you have some fans slating Moshiri, others saying its borderline racist, its just starting to annoy me I try avoid reading Everton related new because its just our fans bitching all the time.

Funnily enough if Walsh actually had done his job right and we were sat on the coatails of the top 6 at the moment no one would be moaning- blame Walsh not Mosh.

I think our fans give other fans ammunition to take the pee out of us constantly tbh. If Lukaku said that then he's the moron not Moshiri as far as im concerned but you have some fans slating Moshiri, others saying its borderline racist, its just starting to annoy me I try avoid reading Everton related new because its just our fans bitching all the time.

Funnily enough if Walsh actually had done his job right and we were sat on the coatails of the top 6 at the moment no one would be moaning- blame Walsh not Mosh.

Walsh has had a stinker so far, no doubt.

On an unrelated note, you signed up on Dec 23 and chose a Ross Barkley related user name - school boy error that lad!

And the location mentioned in the article is literally on the opposite side of the country to Kinshasa, where Lukaku's father comes from. A country many times the size of the UK.

If Lukaku said it, he was almost certainly on the wind up. This idea that because he has African heritage his family are probably into Voodoo is, at best, ignorance.
Whilst not explicitly mentioning voodoo, belief in black magic certainly exists in Kinshasa:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...heft-panic-hits-capital-idUSL2290323220080422

I think that's a bit condescending. So you entirely dismiss Lukaku's (possible) beliefs as being inconceivable (and thus 'a wind up') because they do not conform to your paradigms.
Smacks of double standards to me...

voodoo is a syncretic religion (combination of multiple traditions, like xmas trees in christianity) that is primarily practiced in the carribbean and southeastern united states. vodun is a related west african syncretic tradition. none of these things are in Congo where Moshiri alleged Lukaku's mom went to consult w a voodoo shaman or something and it was determined he had to sign for chelsea.

idk

Well, it's a statement made by our chairman, which we don't know is true or false.

But social and religious traditions run deep for some people, and because it's different to what we're used to, it's much more likely to catch our eye. When Pione Sisto was first named to the Danish national team his parents barged in on the press conference smudged in chalk, dancing traditional tribal dances.

Voodoo is a form of black magic.

This is a discussinon I didn’t think I’d ever have on GOT.
look not trying to spoil your fun but it's just a ritual tradition which is really common and was present in Judaism until the destruction of the temple. Mass/Eucharist are just symbolic representations of similar rituals in christianity.

also magic doesn't exist

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back