Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri is worth 2.3 - 2.5 billion us-dollars.

Yet he has not spend one dime on a player, for the team.

He sold our top score in PL, cashed in on the tv-money, sponser money, etc.

Got his will on Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce, who turned out to fail, yet he has not given anything back.

How about compensating, and spending some money (with resale value), on a left back.

It's pathetic.

One thing I don’t understand.

And I have posed this question before.

Why did he only buy 49% of the club in the first place?

And if there was a strategic reason or fiduciary imperative why he coukd not take full control then, why has he not acted to acquire the small percentage he would need to do so, two years down the line?

One thing I don’t understand.

And I have posed this question before.

Why did he only buy 49% of the club in the first place?

And if there was a strategic reason or fiduciary imperative why he coukd not take full control then, why has he not acted to acquire the small percentage he would need to do so, two years down the line?

Because if he doesnt get planning permission for the stadium he'll likely sell up.

Lets not kid oursevles the stadium and Liverpool Waters have always been the end goal. As soon as planning permission is granted and all the necessary funding is in place etc. He'll either exercise his share option and buy out the rest of the board completely or Usmanov will come in and buy into the alongside Moshiri.

Because if he doesnt get planning permission for the stadium he'll likely sell up.

Lets not kid oursevles the stadium and Liverpool Waters have always been the end goal. As soon as planning permission is granted and all the necessary funding is in place etc. He'll either exercise his share option and buy out the rest of the board completely or Usmanov will come in and buy into the alongside Moshiri.

Yes, for sure and definite.

But why that stop him buying the other 1.1% he needs to take majority ownership?

It would be just as easy to dispose of 50.1% of the club as it woul 49%, one would think.

There is something weird about this.

Yes, for sure and definite.

But why that stop him buying the other 1.1% he needs to take majority ownership?

It would be just as easy to dispose of 50.1% of the club as it woul 49%, one would think.

There is something weird about this.

I personally think its been reserved for Usmanov should the stadium get the go ahead with him coming on board and becoming "majority shareholder" at 50.01%.

Either that or it was enough for Moshiri at 49.9% to simply have sufficient enough power as majority shareholder whilst waiting to see what happens with BMD before buying out the rest of the club.

Either way im convinced Moshiri isnt going it alone and never has been.

I personally think its been reserved for Usmanov should the stadium get the go ahead with him coming on board and becoming "majority shareholder" at 50.01%.

Either that or it was enough for Moshiri at 49.9% to simply have sufficient enough power as majority shareholder whilst waiting to see what happens with BMD before buying out the rest of the club.

Either way im convinced Moshiri isnt going it alone and never has been.

I hope you are right because quite frankly, I think Moshiri has neither enough money on his own or enough football sense to take this club forward :(

i would say Koeman and Walsh, is on his own shoulders. Playing the victim card here, is just not right.

He did it to himself, and in the end, to the club and the supporter's
Moshiri runs multi-billion dollar companies for Usmanov, he's not just an accountant, he sits at the head of the board on several companies managing them for Usmanov, he is Usmanov's most trusted partner.

So he employs people to run this club for him, and they let him down this summer, if the shelves aren't stacked at Tesco, is the CEO to blame?

different era David, I would say the majority of match-going Evertonians these days are split into 2 fairly distinct generations, the older ones who have been browbeaten into submission by the antics of a club that has continuously failed its loyal support, and the young ones for whom this is all they have known, there is no passion in the ground at home games, and there is an acceptance that this is what we are these days, we are finished as a competitor in English football, the only objective is to stay in the premier league, relegation may be the only thing that finally gets rid of Kenwright and his circus, he is desperate to be remembered as the chairman who took us to Bramley Moore, he may well be remembered for the relegation he took us to if not this season then certainly next.
There is no fight left in the fans, the players are the collectively the worst I have ever seen and certainly the most spineless, the most pointless club in the league, the sooner it is over the better.
I honestly think we will be gone soon, there's only a handful of fans left that have any pride left in them, we have a board who half of them think we're a holiday/retirement home and the other half just want to make money, there is no one at the club who wants us to be the best football team, not even the fans have this mentality, it's going to take more than a miracle to save this pathetic club.

Moshiri runs multi-billion dollar companies for Usmanov, he's not just an accountant, he sits at the head of the board on several companies managing them for Usmanov, he is Usmanov's most trusted partner.

So he employs people to run this club for him, and they let him down this summer, if the shelves aren't stacked at Tesco, is the CEO to blame?
Question is, if those people let him down, or they simply did the best they could, and Mosh just don't know what he is doing, when it come to football.

Him being a trusted partner of Usmanov, has nothing to do with, his knowledge of football.
It's like saying, Angela Merkel can lead Everton to win the PL, because she is friends with X or Y.

Last edited:
If we bring in a left back then I will be happy with this window as we will have added Walcott, Tosun and a left back, which is what we needed.

Moshiri's Monsters - our best XI out of the money he has shelled out.

Pickford £30m
Williams £12m
Keane £25m
Martina £Free
Klaassen £24m
Scheiderlin £25m
Bolasie £25m
Sigurdsson £45m
Tosun £20m
Walcott £20m
Gueye £7m

Total: £233m
Managed by £30m of managerial compensation ending up with Sam Allardyce in charge.

They money has been there.

This is one of the most expensive teams in Europe.

Moshiri's Monsters - our best XI out of the money he has shelled out.

Pickford £30m
Williams £12m
Keane £25m
Martina £Free
Klaassen £24m
Scheiderlin £25m
Bolasie £25m
Sigurdsson £45m
Tosun £20m
Walcott £20m
Gueye £7m

Total: £233m
Managed by £30m of managerial compensation ending up with Sam Allardyce in charge.

They money has been there.

This is one of the most expensive teams in Europe.
You mean tv-money, sponsor money, ect. Not Moshiri money. How many times, do we need to say it.

You mean tv-money, sponsor money, ect. Not Moshiri money. How many times, do we need to say it.
In any case it's still more money than most teams in Europe, more than Spurs pay out who are ten times better than us, etc. It's a disgrace how bad we've become despite shelling out enough money to buy several entire clubs in the Championship.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back