Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Does anyone know if Moshiri and Usmanov still have other business partnerships - away from football? Just wondering about possible conflict of interest.

If either party is a client of the firm ( regardless of whether your mate is directly involved ) and the information is released by an employee that is a breach of client confidentiality

I do not necessarily disagree with your analysis of Usmanov's position but as the hard nosed negotiator that he must be to have acquired his wealth he is hardly likely to say " well I want to sell my shares asap to join my join my long term partner in his wonderful my new project " is he?

As any negotiator knows you never reveal your hand and specifically if somenoe wants something you don't let them know you are willing to let it go until you have secured the best possible price.

I am not saying that that is what Usmanov is doing with this public utterance but equally I would not base your argument upon it either.

Hill Dicks didn't have anything to do with it, so that shuts down that one doesn't it. Now you just look like an idiot for making outlandish claims that you knew nothing about

..then why would Moshiri change that too ?
Because different circumstances? He went to work for the other fella, and stuck with him the whole way. Therefore the difference between them is rather than walk in Illmanov's shadow, he wants to go off on his own now whilst he has a perfect opportunity to.

It could be considered a pointless sign of intent, the buy and lease back released current capital when we needed it, and it might simply be a case of leaving well alone, with more pressing priorities. The main advantage a billionaire has over someone like Bill(who, incidentally, has played a blinder over all this), is the ability to acquire more borrowing when it is deemed neccesary.

I'd love to know how bill has played a blinder.

He tried to move us out of our hometown.
Brought another investor on board who allegedly had shares that belonged to someone else.
Who incidentally had a massive financial interest in us moving out of our hometown.
Who's only subsequent contribution to Everton was an appearance on the pitch by a famous Hollywood actor.
And some very questionable loan dealings in the British Virgin islands.

The sky money along with BT sport have got bill out of a hole. The only thing he's played have been the fans.

Let's hope this new fella is the answer we seek. But it's early days yet.
There seem to be some striking similarities with earl already.

I cant help feeling that until something is set in concrete regarding the stadium and the business plan and direction begins to be revealed that I just simply cannot get excited, too many years as an Evertonian have me at a point where I think "he wont spend a penny"

Brought another investor on board who allegedly had shares that belonged to someone else.
Who incidentally had a massive financial interest in us moving out of our hometown.
Who's only subsequent contribution to Everton was an appearance on the pitch by a famous Hollywood actor.

The sky money along with BT sport have got bill out of a hole. The only thing he's played have been the fans.

We will of course have to see, give it a year. As for Earl, he had no interest in football what so ever at least this new chap does have some modicum of enthusiasm.

Agree with everything but the similarities with earl,not sure how you come to this conclusion as the fella hasn't even been passed by the premier league yet

Until this happens and he actually speaks about his investment we're all in the dark

I cant help feeling that until something is set in concrete regarding the stadium and the business plan and direction begins to be revealed that I just simply cannot get excited, too many years as an Evertonian have me at a point where I think "he wont spend a penny"
I agree some of the conversations last night were ridiculous,alot of fans think he's going to give us billions of pounds to spend like the city lot,I'm confident this won't be the case or not on that scale

it was inevitable wasn't it, she made a good effort but come on.

Poor cow is probably in some sort of professional counselling session today. Not sure if that is down to the attempts to set her up with someone off GOT or the prospect of setting her up as some sort of play thing on the team bus for those long journeys around the country.

She should at least be grateful that Sylvain Distin has gone !

Does anyone know if Moshiri and Usmanov still have other business partnerships - away from football? Just wondering about possible conflict of interest.

Yes mate, most of Moshiri's business interests are held jointly with Usmanov and an other billionaire called Andrei Skoch in a company called USM Holdings.

Moshiri is also Chairman and a shareholder in Usmanov's British company, Gallagher which holds their non footballing interests.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back